Reviews for Astonishing X Men: The Soul's End
yoo chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
what doza said. singapore is NOT a communist country. please correct that. great story neway.
Luc Star chapter 10 . 1/7/2006
Hey man. This was positively one of the best X-Men stories I’ve read in sometime. It’s too bad we can’t respond to reviews within our chapters. I had this habit of not only responding to my reviews but also letting everyone else know if there were any great fics my reviewers were writing that they should check out. I think I’m going to open a forum just to recommend fics like the one you write. I personally can’t believe that you didn’t get that many reviews.

Anyways, getting back to the chapter. This was an excellent chapter. I’m glad Lilah is dead. The woman was not only nuts, but for some reason, even though we learned in the end why she was doing what she did, I still can’t gather up any sympathy for her.

Hey, ever had one of those moments when you are reading a fic and you see the heroes fighting a near loosing battle and you think... “Damn… I wish Superman was here.” Heh-heh. I actually had more than a few of those moments while reading this fic. When that Lilah entered Cerebro, I thought “damn, where the heck is J’ohn J’ones when you need him?” and then I realized this was the Marvel universe. No Omega-plus level Martian telepaths here. Bummer. Or when Lilah turned the students against each other. I thought, “Lets just set Raven of the Titans loose on Lihah… send her to hell or wherever the hell Raven sends people to with that cloak thingy of hers.” Hey, ever think of writing a crossover. I just gave you some crazy ideas I think. Use the same storyline, but simply add the DC universe here as well. And just change a few things here and there and I think you’ve got one heck of a story.

Well, all I have to say in the end is that this was one excellent end to an equally exceptional story. I can’t wait to see what really happened to the Cookoos. Or what Fury will do. Take care of yourself and keep up the great work. I really hope to read more from you soon.
anhayla1 chapter 9 . 1/7/2006
Hey, I'm really enjoying the story. I can't wait to find out how they pull it all together at the end.

My only wish is for Peter would to stop dropping his articles, I keep tripping over the missing ones when I read. :( Seriously, since when does he talk like he barely speaks English?
Dan Ingram chapter 9 . 1/2/2006
Heck of a cliff hanger ya got going on ;) Nice use of the students and good battle with the A-X-Men, can't wait to see how it ends! ;)

Feel free to read my Force Works stories, btw. They're just as political as this fine story :)
Luc Star chapter 9 . 1/2/2006
ok.. freaking great chapter. that's all i'm going to say. i personally can't wait to read what will happen next. you said the end is near. you do mean the end of this particular story right? hehe. anyways.. update soon. can't wait to see what happened to the blackbird. later.
Luc Star chapter 8 . 12/27/2005
dude.. this was... wow. you're something of a conspiracy theorist aren't you? taking over the middle east. wow. hehe. i think this story is starting to finally make sense. and if lilah thinks that just because the x-men are not around at the moment, she's going to waltz in there and take cerebro from the mansion, she's definitely got another thing coming. i just hope mindee doesn't do anything really stupid. those cookoos have this habit of changing sides at the last minute. and here i thought with those damn mind powers of theirs they'd be less stupid.

anyways, i know the x-men are going to win. after all, as fanfic writers it's our solemn duty to give our readers exactly what they want. see the good guys win. but hey, are you going to make it easy for the x-kids? i don't think so, and neither should you make it that easy. its more fun this way. take care. update soon.
Luc Star chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
ok.. i know that you already asked us this but i'm gonna go ahead and ask this anyways. what the hell is emma talking about? and have i mentioned how much i am not liking that lilah and graham lady? can we please just create a character to simply torture these two. please. it'll make all our day. as for the coming crisis at the school, its my guess that lilah and graham used the x-men to fight the fatima's daughters and since the women were easily defeated, lilah and graham are going to try and recruit any and all mutants from xavier institute.. i dunno.. maybe trying to get rid of all of them. i'm just throwing stones in the dark here but that's just where i see this story ending up. take care. update soon.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Dan Ingram chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
Hmm, great fight and nice way to end things. I wonder where Emma's going with the 'they work for us'
Luc Star chapter 6 . 12/16/2005
hey.. great battle scene.. loved it. and umm.. what did kitty actually learn? that she felt no remorse about killing anyone. hmm.. i have no idea where you're heading with that but i really can't wait to see what happens. take care and update soon. later.
Elizabeth Robbins chapter 6 . 12/15/2005
Outstanding so far. You have an ability to write action that I wish I had. Keep it up.
Madripoor Rose chapter 6 . 12/15/2005
More edge of your seat action! Great chapter.
Dan Ingram chapter 5 . 12/10/2005
Interesting story thus far, nice discussion about the use of superhumans in war, etc. I also like how, overall, this fic is balnced. From appearances you lean left (me too, no worries ;)), but you don't feel the need to beat us over the head with your politics. I've always seen balance as the mark of a skilled writer, which you obviously are.
Luc Star chapter 5 . 12/10/2005
Hi there, great chapter. Let’s start from the beginning.

Firstly, I’m really sorry to hear about your pet dying. I know how that can be like. I had a cat when I was young. Some asshole killed it, yeah, and I mean it. Never found the bastard who did it, if I did, screw me being a pacifist, I’ll punch the guy so hard he’ll be lucky to end up somewhere still in this solar system.

Secondly, once again I’d like to say that unlike your other stories; this one is still making me a little uncomfortable. I hate wars, much less writing and reading about wars of any kind. Heck, did you know I never went to see Saving Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now, Black Hawk Down, even Forrest Gump and the likes just because they addressed issues about war in particular. But don’t worry; I am still interested enough to see what will happen in this story. I know that things are going to get very bad for the X-Men if these Sisters of Fatima had their way with Cerebro. But I hope a certain psychic who just happens to be the most powerful psychic in the world returns to the mansion to stop anyone from using his most prized creation to doom mankind.

I also remember that one of the sisters seemed to be a little unenthusiastic about the mission. Hopefully we will get to see her turn against the sisters and stop them from carrying out their mad plan.

Anyways, I can’t personally wait to read the next chapter. Kitty is going to have an epiphany? Wonder what that will be about. Hopefully she won’t be as annoying as she is being with this whole mess afterwards. Take care of yourself and update soon.
Luc Star chapter 4 . 12/5/2005
hey... another great chpater... man.. no offence.. but the more i read this story the more i think things are going to turn out for the worse. i just hope the scott and emma know what they are doing. and yes.. i still find kitty annoying. whatever's up with that Graham person.. i can't wait to see what will happen. take care... keep the updates coming.
Luc Star chapter 3 . 11/18/2005
hey man.. first of all.. this was one really great chapter.. i can imagine that there would be a divide between the x-men as to how things so sensitive should be handled. ok.. another thing.. kitty is seriously getting on my nerves now. even in your last story she was always downplaying Emma and its really starting to bug the crap out of me. Emma may be the queen bitch but at least, she is a queen bitch trying to do the right thing. kitty's just being unreasonable. and of course peter and logan were going to take her side.. me for one have to agree with what Hank said on Larry King Live.. hehe.. good part that one though.. i love watching Larry King Live.. he's probably the best interviewer in the world. but anyways... like i was saying.. i agree with what Hank said.. the last thing the world (M-verse) needed was an all scale war the proportions of DC's Kingdom Come (God i loved that book). and another thing... Singapore is not a communist country my friend... i lived there for nearly 4-5 years. their laws are strict but at least it gave us the feeling of safety most cannot find anywhere else on the planet. but Scott and Emma are right.. if they start with this... where do they stop? and as much as Logan and Kitty may be willing to take on anyone.. the consequences of the X-Men joining the war may have an ever lasting impact on the entire world.

take care of yourself and keep up the great work. later.