Reviews for Harry Potter, the ArchMagus
KrisB-71854 chapter 7 . 11/10
I must have read this fic 4-5 times in the last couple of years. This is just one of those that I kept drifting back to.

It's a good read with a great setup. The only bit that I'm mixed on is everyone feeling that he is next Merlin for his views on classifying or asking questions about magic.

You could do this fic with the same basic plot concepts without the teachers loving him for it. Or just being politely amused by his thoughts and generally not really thinking about it too much until some time between his Owls and Newts.

Come on do you really see the teachers all falling over him about asking basically classification questions? Any muggle raised could have done the same sort of feats or had the same sort of questions. It due to him being Harry Potter that they even care. Well, that and he has actually managed to force his ideas to work so there is that as well.

Its not that I don't like super Harry, but I'd much rather this merely gimmick or Harry with a twist. You know something that he could develop into awesome, but isn't quite there.

One bit about this fic that I've enjoyed is Harry teaching Hermione. If you ever do think about going farther with this. I suggest Harry forming The RPG Study Group from anyone willing to join. Even if he gets folks in just to his name alone, it would be good to met others and make sure that they all have what he considers basics skills.

Jeconais Motivations had one that had a good club format. The only issue was that his usual friends and club friends didn't really get along.

The basic idea of Harry starting or being in an RPG club at school and being mostly ignored except by those within the club actually works rather well.

It would be nice if this Harry actually didn't do much directly, but was a catalyst for others to set up and start thinking. The entire we only have one real light spell should be a stunning eye-opener. There should be 6-7th years that attempt to make light spells or what every Harry comes up with.

Think of it as 1st Harry has given this class of 7th years Claws the seeds of awesome research and excitement. They go off and do what Claws do. Research. We don't really hear back from their for the next couple years until you need several to invent more light spells. Harry's 3rd Year could be radically different if several of those 7th years actually decided to take the Patronus farther as a proof of concept.

The only small bit that I dislike is all the staff attention focused on Harry. His spells not being self-sustaining is o.k. Most of the D&D stuff only lasts for a short period of time. I'm sure that once he figures the trick out, he'd be rather inventive with it.

I read your profile. It seems that you like Ginny Pairings. That's fine. My only issue is when the pairing comes out of nowhere and is just smooshed in there and declared to work because we said so and thus they've got to live happily ever after due to a paragraph blurb that we never really see any evidence of a pairing or romance otherwise.

I've several small suggestions. Luna stumbling into being Harry's adopted sis. It could work. He protects her from bullies and all that. Another bit would be Harry having the distant crush on that red-headed lion girl. It would be especially funny if Luna and Hermione both know that each are sort of crushing on the other, but Harry isn't remotely ready for anything like confessing his love. He's perfectly fine to know she exist and all that love stuff could wait until he is older.

The social dynamics would be slightly different as well. Instead of being his best friend's little sister, Ginny would be his adopted little sis's best friend. That's much more acceptable for the older bro figure to ask the friend out when they are older.

Then there is other option of Harry basically running his club and of course Luna and Ginny show up with the rest of the first years. Maybe not all first years stay for everything, but Ginny will due to her crush. Luna would because she would find it rather interesting.

You could actually have Harry end up writing articles for the Quibbler. It would be funny if Harry asked the Quibbler Readers how many truly Light Spells that they know or could come up with as an ongoing challenge.

Hmm, usually, I'd suggest him befriending the twins, but I don't see Harry befriending a pair that he might view as bullies. It would be more interesting if Harry actually ended up befriending Cedric and Percy at this time. Percy is dating a Claw Perfect so actually other than Hermione he'd be the most likely Weasley to bump into.

It would be funny if Harry made a small fortune off his book sales of his collected notes when he is the 6th year. Sure, most would be buying them for the fame factor, but that it is interesting and new magic there that opens up so many exciting fields would be groundbreaking.
thehalflingrogue chapter 1 . 10/10
I really love the idea you've based this on. I just wish you hadn't abandoned it the same way every similar idea I've seen has been.
purpleradiance chapter 7 . 10/10
you've characterized everyone so wonderfully!
SaiyaCat chapter 7 . 9/15
Hehehehe So Cute
SaiyaCat chapter 2 . 9/15
Epic!
cztelnik chapter 1 . 8/20
") All my favorite fantasy sci-fi books represented here except for Zelazny and Cook.
Nebresh chapter 7 . 8/10
Very interesting
flashbak35a chapter 7 . 5/24
well after 9 years I'd say hope that this story was going to be continued is fool hardy
cztelnik chapter 7 . 5/7
Not wanting to give up hope I'll follow because this is a brilliant story and so very much fun to read.
Uchiha Senju Naruto chapter 7 . 4/30
Really is too bad this got abandoned, I was looking forward to seeing where it went.
Too bad this seems abandoned its quite good
Pushi19 chapter 7 . 4/19
Update it please soon
Schorl chapter 7 . 4/2
Not dead yet! Please update
GravinX chapter 4 . 3/29
I believe you should go with Luna there aren't to many stories with the pairing and it really is a shame. On a similar not there are just to many with Ginny and Hermione hell many stories with lesser used pairings have Ginny and/or Hermione as well. It's really disappointing I mean I like reading stories where Harry has a relationship with other girls. Not just these two and throwing in another girl just cause. In most of these stories the other girl ends up becoming wallpaper and is never seen anway. But I must apologize it seems I've begun to rant. I hope you take this in to consideration Thank you
Iryelb chapter 7 . 3/27
So, I was going to say that this is an interesting story and I'm looking forward to how you move it forward from here but as you've clearly been axe murdered, or something equally tragic as you haven't updated in almost a decade, I will say I'm glad I got to read what I did.
1,697 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »