Reviews for Meaning of Life
babastargate chapter 7 . 2/1/2009
I love jesse. He is fliarious.
Wildfire's Flame chapter 16 . 12/19/2007
grins. Very very nicely done. Some small grammer mistakes but I enjoyed the story nevertheless. I loved Jesse too and I loved that Lawrence got a comeuppance. I really didn't like him in your story and am glad that he won't be able to hurt Lucas anymore. Great story.
defrantz chapter 16 . 5/11/2007
What a great story! I can't believe I hadn't already read this story. Hope you do continue (maybe I'd better check and see if you did continue?) Hope you keep writing. Thanks!
Lerrinus chapter 16 . 8/18/2006
Right on! *applause* How can you call yourself untalented! Your English teacher was so wrong, this story rocks! You had me crying a few times, laughing a few times and downright ticked off with Ben and the Captain and scared of Lawrence all at the right places - *inhale* - Very good writing! Keep up the great work and all the best to you and your family and friends! *hugs* :-)

*Adds to faves*
Acacia Jules chapter 10 . 12/28/2003
The ship has legal guardianship of Lucas, not his parents. They signed over their rights when he came aboard. So they are his legal guardians.
psychedpsych022 chapter 16 . 8/23/2003
oh my god. that was incredible. just adjust some of the wording and some grammatical ammends would be nice. i love the way you express everything. We need to have a talk. i want to learn your style.
psychedpsych022 chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
excellent interpretation of life
WindRyder1 chapter 16 . 8/4/2003
Whoever said you can't write needs to be tarred, feathered, and shot. Except for some gramatical errors and a few missing words, the prosing was very well done.

As for the story...

*bawling her eyes out* Oh My God! That was so wonderful! *tosses another tissue to the gigantic pile at her feet* I couldn't believe the way Lawrence had treated him! May times I wanted to jump into the story and wring his pathetic little neck. Lucas' constant bouts of self-doubt and blame were well written and true.

I miss Jessie...*sniffle* Before he died, I had started to like the little jello addict. From my week in the hospital, I remember the Jello being the best part of the meal, too. :o)

Very good describing the hospital. You kept to the realism of the situation, and the human condition.

It was known since day 1 that Lucas was a large contributor to Bridger staying on as captain. In the book, Bridger looked at him and thought "Out of the mouths of babes." after their talk. Since then, Lucas' involvment on the SeaQuest has had a huge impact on it and her crew. It's fighrtening to think what the ship would have been like with out him, and in reading that part of the fic, I was frequently in tears because of that thought. I think at one point, my heart hurt.

Just goes to show that good writing doesn't nessisarily mean elloquence, but more showing the person instead of just telling them.

It's going to take me a while to recover from this.

To make this review as short as possible, WELL DONE!
Shi-Nom chapter 16 . 6/8/2003
Wow! Your story was fantastic. I couldn't stop reading it. I loved that you showed the confusion and self blame that goes along with child abuse, as well as the hope that can come if the child has someone who cares. But you also show that it takes time. This was extremely well written. Don't listen to your high school english teacher. You are extremely talented!
ambernz chapter 16 . 2/1/2003
i came back to read this story again cuz it ROCKS! have i mentioned 'well done'? :D :D :D
rone corleone chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
well, i must say that this is some good work. im eager to find out what happens next. honestly i enjoyed it and i hope that you continue your writing, and yes you are talented so dont think you arent.
JS chapter 16 . 12/3/2001
Wow I loved the whole thing especially the ending where Lucas meets Dayna. I think it would be interesting to have a story of their courtship. Just a thought...maybe Lucas' dad get out of prison during their wedding or something crazy like that. Well anyways good writing!
Sammie chapter 16 . 11/21/2001
Oh you better write more! This was an awesome story! I absolutely Loved it! I am sure you already knew that though. :) Keep up the excellent work! LaterZ!
Purple Penguin chapter 16 . 11/20/2001
I stole all of my brother's thumbs while he was sleeping, so now I can give you EIGHT THUMBS UP! This story turned out spectacular, Roni! I can't wait for the next one :) Hurry, hurry, write MORE!
Dusk chapter 16 . 11/20/2001
Ronica, this story was soooooo good! Excellent work! And i loved the ending. ok, you mentioned another story, now you better not be teasing us, cuase that would just be cruel! I'll be waiting!