Reviews for Playing With Fire
intstebri chapter 8 . 4/8/2007
Hey!

Great chapter!

I burst in a laugh : "You obviously have a brain. Use it!" Seems to me Eyes-Only chipping Logan! I loved to read the Logan's brain process, and the reaction when show up her name! It was my favorite's part!

Detective Moratelli increase in charme more and more (This should be mean I like him more and more...)

Very very beautiful:

“You g-get him back, Angel,” Matt slurred quietly.

Moratelli and Max answered in unison. “We will.”

Thank you again, it's always a great surprise when you show up with a new chapter! (even at 1:00 in the morning (my time)!)
Griever11 chapter 8 . 4/8/2007
OMG the suspense is REALLY killing me. WHATS HAPPENING TO LOGAN? At least he's remembering Max...a little. Oh gosh... I really feel like wringing his neck and forcing him to remember.

But thats a good thing. Only good stories make me feel so strongly about the characters. Keep it up!
bast chapter 7 . 4/2/2007
anxiously awaiting the next chpt
lisa316 chapter 7 . 4/1/2007
Dear Mouse's Muse,

Thank you so much for inspiring Mouse to write this story. You have given her interesting original characters, a wonderful mystery that keeps me guessing, a sweet romance, and a plot that I believe will take all sorts of creative turns before you are done with it.

If it is at all convenient for you, please stick with her on this one! You've done a great job at elicting quick updates from her this week, and I hope you will continue to do so, as I really am enjoying this story and look forward to reading more.

Everyone in the fandom really appreciates the way you've been keeping Mouse company.

In short, Mouse's Muse, thanks and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Lisa
Mari83 chapter 7 . 4/1/2007
There’s nothing as good as enthusiasm about an update of one of my favourites for waking up. Much better than all the coke in the world:-)

"Toyota Corolla"

Oh thanks, now I have several advertisement jingles in my head, including that with the monkeys.

“There’s no need to yell, Tim.” This came from the figure on the left: a woman. “Your father’s just been worried about you. We all have.”

He didn’t flinch but watched her, overwhelmed with some emotion he couldn’t name. There was an ache that surged to the fore and made his chest hurt. Only one word managed to reach his lips.

“Mom?”

I haven’t the tiniest, slightest idea of what is going on with Logan and his kidnappers. I’m even ready to think that it isn’t Logan at all (after all you only call him ‘he’…) And assuming this is all happening at the same time, Logan’s illness is really abrupt and even more mysterious since it seems to be scaring his kidnappers too, who I so far held responsible for it.

"She suspected the crumpled paper bag on the back seat behind him wasn’t bottomless, but couldn’t help but wonder how many bagels remained.

“Three what?”

Great bit (Among many others who I can't quote all here)! (Though now I’m hungry and I’ve never eaten a bagel, maybe you could send this miraculous bagel-man over…?

And I really like all the little details, the examination of the crime scene and of course your original characters which feel very real and complex somehow.

Interesting sideplot with Christine - even though I’m so mistrusting to wonder if she has some higher sense to the story…

And have I said 'really great chapter' yet...?
BlueAngel137 chapter 7 . 4/1/2007
It's so damn good! Have I already told you how much I love this story? :D

Great how easily you introduce the new characters and make us like them or feel dislike. Just a pity that Angel is already yours. :P

You know that I love this story, do you? :P

Poor Logan! I'm just wondering what those people are up to? Great mystery! I'm not sure whether Logan was only dreaming or if there really was a voice in his head (psy-ops?). Ah, so curious where this is going.

Favorite parts:

-...“Three,” he said between bites of his own bagel as they waited for Detective Jones to return.

“Three what?”

“Bagels.” He licked his lips and sighed contentedly. “In the brown bag.” His eyes slid sideways to look at her and a smile quirked at the corners of his mouth. “You wanted to know, didn’t you?” ...

-...Moratelli was still the new guy and she didn’t know how many were aware of her status as a transgenic. Separately, they were a curiosity. Together, they probably resembled the opening scene of a circus act. ... (LOL)

THANKS Mouse, as always looking forward to your next chapter.
annie200 chapter 7 . 4/1/2007
Love it, love it...can't for the life of me work out what's going on with Logan.
intstebri chapter 7 . 3/31/2007
I enjoyed the kind of relation Max and Detective Moralli share, the Supergirl & Batman's thing made me smile a lot, I think you will play with that, and I'll love it!

No clue of what happening with Logan, and I think it isn't because I didn't understand (you will let us know?) I'm frightened a bit for him!

I was stuck on my screen again! and I gracefully thank your muse!

Brigitte

(who feel always shy of her english when she finish reading you!lol!)
intstebri chapter 6 . 3/23/2007
Hey!

I like it, you added another good cop in DA's univers. There are not plenty! It's refreshing.

I've nothing to say about Max's patience, she's good! More than me! I would had kick Moratelli's ass right at the beginning of the second round of questions!

For the first time, I would say something about the way you write. (Sorry if it's your habitual style, I just note that now). I really loved when you fix the action with a couple of lines, and just add a single one after, a punching one! (Some exemples: "Figures.", "Not my problem anymore.", "The station had been a slightly different story.", "At least there was coffee." It's perfect to broke a long fact's resume to keep me in the momentum

Hope to read you soon (please don't forget "Thoughts in the Dark" I can't wait to see what you gonna do with them now!

Thanks you to keep writing, anything!

Brigitte

Please don't notice my english.
mari chapter 6 . 3/21/2007
Okay, here’s the proper review , (Nope, I couldn’t just be quiet and leave it with one review per chapter but need to comment on my favourite parts)

After reading BitemeGirl’s review it seems like I’m missing something crucial about the detective but even without knowing where he’s from he’s a really interesting character. I can very well imagine him working together with Matt Sung and I enjoyed his conversation with Max

"called her parents and were currently reading them the riot act"

Made me look up the Riot Act... and again I've learnt something.

"She shook her head, trying to figure him out. He wasn’t actually flirting with her but the lines were emerging with practised ease"

Hm, sounds like he has a bit of Tony-ness;-)

"You’re here. Do you really need to be here right now, Max, or could you be out there, searching for him more effectively by yourself? You stayed with Matt and the girl. I can’t thank you enough for that."

I really like this, great point.

"He gasped, startled by the revelation. Market. He had memories of being in a market, shopping for food with a beautiful young woman. Her name. What is her name?

I’m dying to know why it was considered necessary to make Logan loose his memory or why the girl tells him he’s ill (even though pneumonia can hit fast, it sounds unlikely here… unless they gave him pneumonia?)

"She laughed. It was like watching a doll temporarily granted the flesh of a real girl. He forced the fear that tugged at him to one side and kept his smile steady."

Decidedly creepy and one of my favourite parts.

“Someone else will be visiting today. You can ask them.” Her smile faded. “You might not like the answer, though.”

I have not the slightest review who’s caught Logan (nor how mentally sane they are)and I might just burst from all the tension...:-)
BlueAngel137 chapter 6 . 3/21/2007
I assume you already know how much I love this story! ;) And yes, I absolutely enjoyed the chapter. The interaction between Max and "Angel" :D was great and the mystery around Logan is driving me crazy. I already did some wild speculations about his kidnappers (White, transgenics?), but I really couldn't come up with a plausible solution.

THANKS Mouse, can't wait for more.
LEE chapter 6 . 3/20/2007
The story is certainly hotting up. Thank you for the update. And it's reassuring to know that you have not given up on your other wonderful stories. Can't wait...
bitemegirl388 chapter 6 . 3/20/2007
Hmm.

A detective.

With a really good memory.

In serious need of a haircut.

Who's knickname is Angel.

Why does this sound so familiar? I'm joking, of course. I watched that show when i was little. I recognize the signs.

Memory loss? To be perfectly honest, that's a little bit on the cheesy side. But I dig the vibes you're layin' out. Peace.

-BMG
annie200 chapter 6 . 3/20/2007
This was a surprise gift! I'd forgotten it in my enthusiasm for your other story, so it was like getting a completely new fic..and a very good one too!
Mari83 chapter 6 . 3/18/2007
Arg, I wanted to go to bed, but after seeing this update I _have_ to read first... Well, since I'll be tired anyway 10 minutes sleep less but a continuation of one of my favourites and nice M/L dreams isn't a bad exchange at all;-)

(proper review later)