Reviews for Playing With Fire
intstebri chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
I know I should not do that...

Began read something not finish...

But it's over me, I can't resist.

And now, once again, i'm just out of breath, stuck on my screen, imploring you to not hurt him, to finish it like "Disney", shaking...

Probably why I can't resist.
jfg207 chapter 5 . 2/13/2007
What is happening to Logan? What's going on? Please, finish the story. And is Max going to come save Logan or what?
bethellie chapter 5 . 2/11/2007
Ooh now I really wanna know what happens next, lol.
homicidalslayer chapter 5 . 12/24/2006
Oh Snap...
BlueAngel137 chapter 5 . 12/23/2006
Oh-kay ... I ignored this chapter for a while, just waiting for a quiet moment in this crazy pre-Christmas time to savor it. I could say it was worth the wait - but honestly, one year is way too long ;). I desperately hope you don't leave us hanging for so long again, especially when I consider Logan's current situation and the cruel cliffie.

For me the chapter was PERFECT (besides the cliffhanger ;)). Really. It has a beautiful mixture of M/L-ness, action and nail-biting tension - great job!

Favorites? I could cut and paste the whole chapter. I love how much Max has changed, how much she cares about others. And Logan ... hm. I really have to know who's captured him and why (Eyes Only, Max?). Just hope the girl's helping somehow.

THANKS for this wonderful Christmas present! Please, update soon!
angelstryst chapter 5 . 12/22/2006
Great chapter! Can't wait to see you continue this story. Very good twist at the end.

Good set up using Matt as the bait.
mhs-111 chapter 5 . 12/20/2006
. .badly.
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 5 . 12/18/2006
that's an excellent place to leave off, and i am being highly sarcastic. that's cruel and unusual punishment, that is! (but i can't talk; i do the same thing. damn.) update soon!
Mari83 chapter 5 . 12/17/2006
Ah, new chapter! I stopped midway with what I was doing when I saw this update. Plus I had to read it twice immediately because the first time was a very hasty need-to-know-what-happens-read:-p

The thing that makes this story pretty special is that it plays after the events stupid of S2 and excellent S3 but (at least for me) has a classic S1 feeling with the mix of mission and finally resolved M/L-ness. Apart from all the nail-biting-causing mystery and action what I liked the most in this chapter is how you show the changes in Max after those years and through Logan’s influence. Some favourite parts :

“Logan had also instilled in her the need to ignore her “better fled than dead” response when it came to dealing with the police. “

“They can’t hurt you anymore,” Max stated firmly. Where the hell are her parents? Max thought angrily. She had enough knowledge of what a family could be like to know this wasn’t right. Who would leave someone this young alone, serving pizza late at night? “I’m Max.”

“Max hugged her and stroked her hair. It reminded her of something Logan would do. The first time he’d witnessed her seizures, he’d provided a similar comfort. And how many times since then?”

I think this is my favourite part, what a perfect use of one of my favourite M/L-scenes:-)

“a high-wattage bulb that almost bleached the room of any colour.”

Such a poignant description.

“I have to check on a friend of mine. You know, the man you saw across the road?” If it were possible, the girl paled even more.”

So… did she see what happened with Logan?

“A single sheet and blanket, both deep green”

Hm, dark green cloth makes me think of military…

“Something about her was familiar but the connection was eluding him.”

Hm, should we find her familiar too…? Her age could be fitting for one of Max siblings.

"if he could keep her off balance, even a little bit, he might gain some advantage.“Because I’ve asked?” Did his voice deepen just then?"

Somehow very logan-ish how he keeps his cool and (very early-Pilot-Logan) instinctively tries to manipulate her by flirting. To bad it didn’t work, that girl must be very strong-willed to be immune to Logan-charm;-)

"A wave of panic and pain gripped him."

I think I’m as clueless as Logan about what happened in general and hurt him in that moment (the ‘I think’ means I have absolutely no clue, but maybe Logan has?).

Oh, and the next question is whether Matt’s and Logan’s kidnappings are connected?

Hoping for a soon update so I won’t burst with all the questions/mystery:-) Please?
shirik chapter 5 . 12/17/2006
poor logan- i love it when he suffers...just don't kill him...ok/

pleease update soon, tnx
RT4ever chapter 5 . 12/16/2006
I’m reviewing now with the hopeful notion that I’ll remember to review again later, but I know myself and it’s highly unlikely.

First, my noise: “Yabba dabba doo da.” I apparently channeled Fred Flintstone as I opened my mailbox to see this.

Second, reason for my earlier statement: Upon reading this, I realized I totally forgot things from the previous chapter (so I’m going to reread tomorrow). Seriously, I totally sat there going, ‘Wait weren’t Max and Logan together or at least in close proximity when she went into the pizzeria?’

I really liked that you included the little ‘body guard’ tidbit and really wondering about who the hell has Logan and what’s going on! Question though, is he confused about his current injuries (though I’m not seeing any in this chapter) or his permanent injury? That had me scratching my head, especially when it seemed like he knew his name.

And seriously what the hell happened to him.

No year long waits this time. In pain Logan totally trumps bullets and exploding windows (especially since I'm not yet getting that this about Eyes Only and trying to sort through other possibilities in my head).

And in what world are you living that I’m going to stop and reread old chapters, when there’s a fresh chapter waiting for me? Not to mention I so never read the AN’s until after the chapter. There’s never any time to spare in getting to a new chapter of yours! :-P
annie200 chapter 5 . 12/16/2006
I'd actually fogotten this one so it was a huge unexpected pleasure. Hope you're not going to leave Logan in pain for too long.

As always, beautifully constructed, and it was great how you slipped from M/L romance to action and adventure in such a seamless way!
lkaplon chapter 5 . 12/16/2006
WOW! What in the world did she do to him? That is a horrible cliffhanger!

Update soon!
maxbyfive chapter 5 . 12/16/2006
you realize that you're not allowed to let another year go by before updating this story again, right? ;)

love this installment, and i'm anxious to see what happens next. i'm worried about logan and i love how you've written max. i'm really eager to see what's going on and who's behind all this and what max and logan do for christmas. :)
lkaplon chapter 4 . 11/4/2006
Hi,

So, this is a really great story and I'm very sad to see that it's been abandoned, as it has been almost a year since you updated, but I do hope you decide to finish it.

I'd love to know what Logan is going to get Max for Christmas.

So, pretty please... more?...
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »