Reviews for Caves of the Ancients
AzzieMusical chapter 18 . 11/20/2014
Fantastic story! You're a talented author and I can't get over how well you write Sonic, Tails and Knuckles; three very different characters. You have a way with dialogue too, which is so hard to pull off.

Unfortunately I can't stand Bait; he comes across as a poor man's version of Tails and since he appears in the sequels it looks like I'll be giving them a miss. It's nothing against your OC or even your talent as a writer, he just felt like a replacement Tails from the very start.
Ownage Imminent chapter 13 . 3/5/2011
I think you let the bad guys get away with a little too much in this. Other than that it's a great fic.
Martiny the one and only still chapter 18 . 1/14/2011
I just read this and Secrets of the Emeralds. I was going to read them all, but since I have been crying hysterically since the end of chapter 14 I might not. I almost didn't even read this because I was afraid that was what was going to happen. Why am I always right? I want to read the last two...but...can you just tell me if Sonic and Tails get back on good terms? I don't want to read another two 19chap stories if im only going to be crying hysterically again.

Also why is Tails still holding that against him? I was close to strangling Sonic when he was saying it, but when I saw his 'My Memoirs by Me' I was hopeful that I had been right that it was all an act/Robitnick had done something that would enable him to kill Tails long distance if Sonic didn't do as he said. I was overjoyed (and had earlier thought that Sonic's hate went back to the Casino, I don't recall Tails ever saying he didn't mean it). And its very clear the whole thing was an act come when they are captured as well. That Sonic went along with what Robitnick said is understandable. He just wanted to keep Tails safe and, discovering his apparent failure, he wanted out to keep him safe that way. (Or that's how I read it.)

Also after I started this, Tails attitude bothered me, its like he was really OOC, I was thinking 'There are only two reasons for Tails to act like this that makes it acceptable; 1, he wasn't told in full what happened to Sonic, or 2, he really doesn't know Sonic at all.' I wasn't sure which was worse, and I honestly had to force myself to read these chapters, that's never happened, I walked around the house for awhile, yet I was still crying hysterically, normally walking and reflecting fixes that. I think its because Sonic and Tails relationship...well...its always been very dear to me. I have a 7 yr older sister, and she hates me with a burning passion. I'm truly not exaggerating, and watching Sonic and Tails' relationship, I was always thinking 'Tails is lucky, he has an older brother who loves him unconditionally and would do anything to keep him safe/happy.'

It also really bothers me that he never gave Sonic a second chance. Their fight at the begginging goes back to Tails doesn't seem to know Sonic. You would think he of all people would know that Sonic doesn't want to be pitied, its as though Tails thinks someone just gets over torture like its nothing. That actually why I decided to read this, I was thinking 'Maybe the fact he just got sold into slavery will show him Sonic's feelings. But then again, there is no emotional blackmail. Sonic choose to be tortured instead of letting Tails, so he (Sonic) probably almost regrets that. He chooses to spare his little brother, and this is the welcome he receives?'

Some of the above maybe due to my reading of 1984, and the end annoyed me. He just gave in and one quote bothers me. Something along the lines of 'When they are torturing you, you will say anything to make them stop. Give up anyone, tell them "Hurt _ instead! Just not me! They did it!". (Which is indeed how it ends if you haven't read it. ) That quote is the opposite of what Sonic does, and the fact that Tails doesn't appreciate that, really annoys me. Was he truly just not told the entirety of the event?

Please get back to me soon. I really want to read the last two, but I don't think I can if Sonic and Tails remain as they are now/get worse. If they do stay/get worse, I would rather just not read, and prefer to submerse myself in Japanese Sonic X (Sadly I do not have AoStH witch is my fav). Sonic has always been very dear to me, but his relationship to Tails is what made me get though my days when I was younger. My sister can be very cruel when she wanted to, and she loved to be when I was younger, I didn't fight back then. Sonic inspired me, or rather Tails did. I would watch any Sonic show and just think 'Someday I'll have a friend equivalent to Sonic to Tails.' It would brighten my day, and to see it, for all apparent purposes, destroyed, kills me. There are some underlying currents, but honestly its just not enough to convince me.

Sorry this turned more or less into a rant. This equates my feelings for the first two in the series (well more the second one) quite nicely. I'll go back through and review every few chapters some day, but for now I think I'll try to get through all the Sonic X and do my homework.

P.S Other than the above, I loved them. What bothered me the most was Tails apparent OOCness in regards to Sonic. I just can't beleive he would blow him off after 4 yrs...I'll stop before I restart ranting.

P.P.S I dare say this is the longest review I have ever written (Ones where the author asks tons of questions withstanding)
Tanigi chapter 18 . 7/9/2010
And this was a great sequel. Bait was an adorable OC; I just kept wanting him to get a hug. :) Loved how Knuckles and Tails's relationship was slowly developing, and the part with the little echidna at the end was surprising... I really like your characterisation.
MineralRabbit chapter 18 . 7/26/2009
Tails is alive! [happy moment] But he's been practically put through a blender, you're so cruel!

Sequel next and I can't wait! I hope they rescue the ikkle puggle [even my thinking voice became cutesy as I wrote that...] and of course everyone else trapped down in those caves.

I'm thinking maybe the underground echidna library will tell our heroes the cause of The Void and how to stop it, but if it did that would be a nice coinsidense.

Gah! I loved reading this!

MineralRabbit chapter 3 . 7/3/2009
Damn, Knuckles is so cool! And extremely paranoid. 3 Part of what I love about him.

Well, even though I haven't finished this story, I thought I'd review here because I'm going on holiday for 3 weeks (and for some reason I didn't want you to think I'd stopped reading).

Now I have to wait 3 whole weeks before I find out what has happened to poor Tails! [sob]

ZombieBlinky chapter 18 . 6/15/2009
Man, their to-do list sure is piling up. What with that voidy-nothingness that's stretching across Mobius, now they've picked up the side job of destroy a slave operation and freeing all the captives.

These guys have their work cut out for them, that's for sure.
Shippo's Ramen chapter 15 . 2/17/2009
(Shudders) I know THOSE kind of nightmares. All too well if you ask me. The stupid things scare me so bad that I don't sleep for days or until I pass out. Still, I guess it's to be expected if you,(As Espio put it) get nine kinds of * beat out of you every day at a middle school. I'm surprised I'm not completely Traumatised from the experience. I'm also surprised that Tails isn't either. You see, These are the kinds of stories I like. I look for ones with meaning, not ones just to write nonsense. Well, I better go. Keep up the good work! Shippo Out!
Yamadori chapter 18 . 1/22/2009
Wow. You're an incredible writer. I just finished reading this, and before that I read Rising Star, Master of the Emeralds, Secrets of the Emeralds. I loved all of them! There are so many funny parts in these that I had to keep from laughing out loud, and most stories don't do that to me. I'm looking forward to Sins of the Mothers very much, and I hope that you keep up the good work. Beautiful stuff. :)
the Ambassador chapter 8 . 11/11/2008
_“Damn the Master Emerald!”_

When I was five

and didn’t know any better

I dared to blaspheme

in front of my mother.

She, of course, was shocked

(What *is* this child of mine coming to?)

and gave me a slap

that knocked me, head over heels

into a thorn bush.

It *hurt*.

Many years later

I was angry beyond endurance

and in the heat of the moment

I shouted it out again-

the very same words

surprising even myself.

In the stunned silence that followed

I found that I was waiting

for a celestial voice to boom out words of reproach

and some giant hand to descend from the heavens

and knock me-head over heels-

into an eternity of thorn bushes.

It didn’t happen.

I’m still not sure what I think or feel

about that.

(Your fics get me poeming; that's probably a good sign for your writing. For my mental health, it's bad. But I kind of like dementia now!)
Angel Fantasy chapter 18 . 10/28/2008
Angel Fantasy chapter 15 . 10/28/2008
Ouch. Fat chance, foxy.
Angel Fantasy chapter 11 . 10/27/2008
Tails, even if what you endure is very painfull, I'm proud of you for what you said to them.
Angel Fantasy chapter 2 . 10/26/2008
And now, let the seach begin !
Angel Fantasy chapter 1 . 10/26/2008