Reviews for Proud Flesh
linelm chapter 2 . 3/2/2011
Beautiful story!
sara-cupcaked chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
This is by far the best story about Sara getting hurt that I've ever read. Everything is written so beautifully, so realistically. Your prose in unparalleled to any other author I've read.

This is just perfect, especially with the part where Grissom kisses Sara's wound. That bit made my heart melt a little :)
My Kate chapter 2 . 4/26/2008
just stumbled upon this story...excellent work...made me weep in spots for her loneliness...and cheer for his tenacity...and sigh in anticipation of their next steps...nicely done...
bears434 chapter 2 . 1/23/2008
love it! great story, cliche or not :)
nick55 chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
good stuff chapter 2 . 1/7/2006
that was amazing! great job!
Kimber McLeod chapter 2 . 11/12/2005
Beautiful, just beautiful. I had a bit of trepidation going in but it was wonderful. Thanks.
The Rockerbabe chapter 2 . 11/12/2005
Bravo. Wonderful fic
blahblahbhla chapter 2 . 11/11/2005
this story was wonderful! I hope you do a sequel!
ebonyfox chapter 2 . 11/9/2005
The ending was perfectly poignant. The scenes moved effortlessly. Kudos.
taramis chapter 2 . 11/9/2005
::lower lip quivers:: This was wonderful! This story is like Old-fashioned Kettle Popcorn: sweet, salty, soft, crunchy and you hate reaching the bottom of the bowl cause it's oh so good!

Yummy yummy.

I can totally believe Sara's fear of Grissom not showing up, and Grissom just being able to get into Sara's apartment with ease. Isn't it a bit creepy what a good criminal Grissom could be? And I love how Grissom is like an unstoppable force, actually tearing Sara's shirt away to check her injury. Really, that speaks of trust right there - Sara not freaking out about that. And Grissom just gently kissing Sara's hurts away. Whew..

I also liked that mostly everyone in the crew was in the story - Warrick and Brass at the scene, Cath at the hospital being a surprisingly soothing visitor, Greg overcoming his intimidation of Grissom enough to be really pissed off.

Just awesome. Wow.

Taramis, fawning fanfic fan
drakien chapter 2 . 11/9/2005
And a NEW story to boot! This was poignant and beautiful...Sara's comment about not calling because she was afraid he wouldn't come just about made me cry, but I drew some strange looks from my hubby as I nearly fell *out* of my chair at the "It’s just a flesh wound." Woot to the Monty Python fans out there who also laughed. *grin*
forensicsgirl chapter 2 . 11/9/2005
Simple perfect. I have goosebumps and am grinning from ear to ear. Thank you so much.
Muskie chapter 2 . 11/9/2005
Cliches are cliches because, in the right hands, they work. This definitely works! I am sure that if the producers actually decide to stop teasing us and let Sara and Grissom get together there will be plenty of anger/angst to start and some lovely gentleness to end. Just like this.
smrozier chapter 2 . 11/9/2005