Reviews for A Place to Be
Lsmcfan chapter 1 . 2/9
Loved this!
The General G of K chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Oh, gosh, if this is shmaltzy, I don't want anything else! That ending! Oh my gosh, it was absolutely perfect. "I have found Serenity." Of course River has. How beautiful, that for all of us, death gives us true freedom. Freedom from pain, freedom from suffering. And the parallels of Mal's and Zoe's deaths; the peace and the hell of Serenity Valley. And the fact that Mal died when he finally got what he truly wanted is the sweetest irony of all. But River...so perfect. All I can say is thank you for this.
aniuwolfe chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Oh my goodness. This brought tears to my eyes. I love it! It's beautifully written. Thank you for writing this.

Stay amazing!

~Aniu
C-Bear chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
I love it. It was perfect. I miss Firefly.
Skybright Daye chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Oh. My. Lord.

This is . . . this is as perfect and bittersweet and stirring and *right* as anything I have ever read - in fanfiction or elsewhere. I love every bit of it - the character interactions, the sweetnees and the sadness and the gentle eternity of the setting - everything.

Bravo. Bravo.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
Fun...
LadyJenny chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Unbelievably precious picture of their afterlife. Though, Zoe's remarriage seems not to fit with an afterlife for her that doesn't include her second husband - did she not love him? You could've left that out and it would've been a little better, I think. Still, though, lovely. I like River's greeting, "I have found Serenity" - which is in fact, straight out of the section from the theme song that plays during Summer Glau's screenshot. And I adore your last sentence "They played a game of hoop ball, Shepherd refereeing, and went on with the rest of their eternity." Beautiful.
vegiegurl chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
I love the end.
Theolyn chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
A really wonderful and different POV.

My one regret is that the crew is in this story is exclusively reliving the past. It works while they are waiting ot become complete again, but leaves me slightly unfulfilled at the end. Perhaps you might give us a hint of what comes next for them now that they are reunited?

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss this further!
Hope-W chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
This was great,im speechless. congratulations!

this was so deep!
246863 chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Funny and sad-this was just lovely. Poignant but somehow comforting. Thank you.
elektralyte chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
What an amazing story!

“My baby makes me whole, too,” he said, meaning it.

Such a sweet line.
ET-1087 chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
That made me tear a bit. Very, very nice. Short and sweet. :) I really have no critism.
Hannah chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
I just have to say that you are my favorite FF author. To a point that I have read everything that you have done. And let me just say ... *THIS* was the best yet.

I love it. Thank you.
yellowgreenbluered chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
Wow...amazing. I'm tearing up here. I love the fact that they all died in random order. I really wasn't expecting Kaylee to show up before the others.I like how we get it all from Wash's poinf of view as well...it allows for more humorous undertones. I dp wpnder whether the kids of all the characters will arrive on the boat as well...honestly I kinda don't want them to. I like just having the crew. As for Simon appearing right after Kaylee...perfect. I also like how River was last...I'm damn curious as to how she died and where since the rest were on the boat. Anyway...I like this oneshot although I really want it to continue. No where for it to really go though...could you at least tell us how River died...please?