Reviews for Keeping Warm
Onari chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
I've always loved this little fic, and since I'm rewatching Jarhead as we speak... I thought I'll find it and let you know ;)

Thanks for sharing!

L xx
Lover of Angelus chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
...

No slash INTENDED, huh? Does that mean it's accidental slash? Whatever, I like it. The daiogue was short and sounds like something the characters would actually say.

Good work.

-Lover of Angelus
LiberateMe chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Very nice. I think you've done a good job in this and your other Jarhead drabbles of capturing the bond between two soldiers. My uncle is a former Marine and I know, even if he doesn't talk about it much, that he was very close to his mates. Troy and Swofford needed to be close due to the nature of their relationship as spotter and shooter. They had to rely on and trust one another completely. This comes across clearly. Continue writing.
Ash chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Hmm. Interesting. Very interesting.

...I would say "This and that needs to be improved", but. . it's not even a story, so much as a small segment. Oh well.

The bit of it was good. Could've been a deleted scene in the movie.
fellow Jarhead Fan chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Excelent. I think its my favotite of yours. It's like a scene missing from the movie!
Ridke chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
I loved it. It was an excellent portrayal of the two characters. Although I am a die-hard slash fan, I think it was absolutely excellent to view it as just friendship. That's quite a fic you got there for me to not read it as slash. You executed your fic brilliantly.
Ema chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
I've read all your stories, and I've gotta say, your an amazing writer. I really like the way you capture your charecters emotions and the relationships between them. I almost cried about this one. keep it up!
Nova-Janna chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
You'd think that, when you write a fic like this, people couldn't help but think slash. And I did, when I read the title and the summary, but it's not at all. It seems very realistic and in-character, despite its shortness. I would ask, however, if you'd read the book? Because then the bit about being cold is complete lost - but oh well, I suppose I'm just being pedantic. Nice one-shot - off I go to read your other ones.
Ceres McClure chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
I must say, I've just finished reading all your Jarhead fanfics...wow. I mean, I aught to start one of my own some time, though I doubtfully ever will.

I enjoyed getting into the minds of the characters with your fic. As a Marine wife myself, I understand how those guys go through some tough times. Your fics really are empathic to that. Thank you.
Isabelle Adamowitz chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Eventhough I do read slash fics and appreciate some of them, I'm glad that this is not one of them. I really liked the movie and, well, I'm not going to share my views of the USA army simply because it would have to be censored, but the fact that in these circumstances a certain sense of duty and solidarity if not even friendship is created is something very precious and constructive. Well done.
I clap with one hand chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
I thought that it was awesome!
Saavedra chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Hello, Ivory...Your 'Jarhead' fic is finest kind.

I haven't seen the movie, but I do have the book.

Keep the Faith.
Doug-E-Fresh chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Good job. Keep writing.
airforcemonkey chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Hi,

I read all of your fics, and I have to say I love them

kudos on getting them to put up a section! The movie was great and really deserved to have one here.

Pleaase keep writing!