Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
Kynndred chapter 73 . 8/28/2013
This was, simply, fantastic. I hate to admit that I have frequently avoided or abandoned reading longer stories like this; I feel like I don't have the time or that they won't hold my interest. I couldn't have been more wrong, and I know I'll have to go back and look a stories I've passed up if they're anything like the gem this is.
Wonderfully written- it pulled me in with every chapter...
Thank you for sharing this with us :)
EbonyWing chapter 73 . 7/23/2013
This is magnificent.

I can think of no higher praise-it simply took my breath away.

Brava! ;)
Guest chapter 73 . 11/24/2012
I...I...honestly I am speechless. You're an amazing author, you know that right? Have you published anything? I wouldn't be surprised.
MusicalMaryann chapter 56 . 10/8/2012
"There were no toiletries: no combs and none of fragrant oils fashionable men used to slick their hair. She remembered his hat falling to the stage floor, revealing his thin patches of anemic hair. There was also no mirror here, not even a small hand-held one."

I love the detail. It makes them like real people.
MusicalMaryann chapter 50 . 10/7/2012
"Constantly, I am told that I would not understand this, or I'm too young to comprehend that. Or that I'm a woman – as though I did not know – and therefore incapable of thought. You gave me books to study. You grilled me on my lessons. You should know better than to tell me what I will or will not understand without giving me the opportunity first!"

Go Christine!
MusicalMaryann chapter 45 . 10/7/2012
"Only three people knew precisely to whom Christine had dedicated her performance. Two of them flinched in horror. Dedicating one's performance to a Ghost could hardly be good luck!"

Haha!

I am really enjoying this story. You write so well! :)
ghiblilover chapter 73 . 9/20/2012
That was a wonderful story. I always thought christine should have chosen erik. It was good to see that raoul came to his senses in the end.
shadowphantomnes chapter 37 . 9/2/2012
Erik is not angry with Christine, but she is quite intuitive, and his cold distance hurts her. Poor Christine! At least she will see his home... and he doesn't hate Raoul or Christine, but he feels resentful because he can't be her lover, I presume.
shadowphantomnes chapter 36 . 9/2/2012
Meg is a very good chaperone is Christine, and while Christine did enjoy her fairy-tale date, the thought of losing her teacher hit her hard, which shows a nice contrast between the two men. I also like how you did not 'modernize' the story by letting Christine be with Raoul unchaperoned.
shadowphantomnes chapter 35 . 9/2/2012
I like how Raoul is not portrayed as a villain, but Erik is still jealous that he can make Christine happy while the Phantom can not. Will she bring Meg with her? If Raoul fell in love with Meg, that would solve the problem nicely... nonetheless, CHristine decided not to skip her music lesson, so that's positive.
shadowphantomnes chapter 34 . 9/2/2012
What pleases me most about this chapter is Christine's fondness for Erik, but also how her favorite color is green, indicating healing and willpower, in my mind anyway, instead of a wishy-washy blue. Gah! What a nightmare! Erik and Christine might have kissed, and they were so happy, but Raoul had to come and interrupt. *SOB*
shadowphantomnes chapter 32 . 9/2/2012
The managers really are dumb, for don't they realize that Christine has made their chorus shine? The thought of La Carlotta throwing a shoe was funny, though!
shadowphantomnes chapter 31 . 9/2/2012
Oh, thank goodness that Christine did not run! I was afraid that she would become panicked and run straight into Raoul's arms, although that is foolhardy. After all, Erik has taken care of her for seven years, and hopefully Chrstine will not ask about the mask!
shadowphantomnes chapter 30 . 9/2/2012
Ah, so Raoul has finally met Christine, and Christine is starting to have romantic fancies. She is a teenager, after all. How will her meeting with Erik go?
shadowphantomnes chapter 29 . 9/2/2012
Ah, I see the problem as well. Even the most beautiful voice without passion can be found lacking. Erik is willing to show himself to her? I hope that she does not betray his trust then! And the idea of Raoul being a rich idiot is very in-character.
540 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »