Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
Billy4Me chapter 73 . 8/23/2014
*shiver* Oh, I loved this. Loved the ending and everything before it. Your last two paragraphs were just fantastic. Thank you for writing this. I have enjoyed spending the better part of the last two days reading it.
Billy4Me chapter 64 . 8/23/2014
This is so heartbreaking. I truly adore the way you write Erik. He is so full of hatred for himself and believes himself so unworthy of Christine. I love the way you write Christine, too. She is no special flower to be coddled but a mature and vibrant young woman. You have made her a worthy match for Erik, and I applaud you for it. This is a wonderful portrayal of this story.
Billy4Me chapter 9 . 8/22/2014
I just stumbled upon your story today and haven't been able to stop reading it. It is beautifully written. Your descriptions of both Erik and Christine are just wonderful, and I just wanted to hug Hannah for being more of a mother to him than his own mother was. The chapters on Erik's mistreatment while still trying desperately to retain his own humanity through music made me feel even more for him (and I already loved him through his portrayal in the musical). This chapter, with him playing among the opera sets, made me "Aw" out loud. Thank you for this touching look into my favorite character in this story.
DawnMisty chapter 73 . 7/20/2014
This story was absolutely marvelous! Thank you so much! o
BiancaR chapter 73 . 7/2/2014
That last chapter was simply breathtaking.
Kalia of Camelot chapter 73 . 6/29/2014
This must be the best fanfiction I have ever read. Thank you so much for this beautiful retelling. I hope you know that no other fics will live up to this one now! Bravo (or should I say "Brava, brava, bravissima!)
electronic.neko chapter 11 . 1/6/2014
I have sometimes wondered how Erik was supposed to have learned so much about music, and you have now provided an explanation! Yes, of course he would overhear voice lessons! Good point about lack of adult supervision resulting in a lack of limits on his imagination, too.
Kynndred chapter 73 . 8/28/2013
This was, simply, fantastic. I hate to admit that I have frequently avoided or abandoned reading longer stories like this; I feel like I don't have the time or that they won't hold my interest. I couldn't have been more wrong, and I know I'll have to go back and look a stories I've passed up if they're anything like the gem this is.
Wonderfully written- it pulled me in with every chapter...
Thank you for sharing this with us :)
EbonyWing chapter 73 . 7/23/2013
This is magnificent.

I can think of no higher praise-it simply took my breath away.

Brava! ;)
Guest chapter 73 . 11/24/2012
I...I...honestly I am speechless. You're an amazing author, you know that right? Have you published anything? I wouldn't be surprised.
MusicalMaryann chapter 56 . 10/8/2012
"There were no toiletries: no combs and none of fragrant oils fashionable men used to slick their hair. She remembered his hat falling to the stage floor, revealing his thin patches of anemic hair. There was also no mirror here, not even a small hand-held one."

I love the detail. It makes them like real people.
MusicalMaryann chapter 50 . 10/7/2012
"Constantly, I am told that I would not understand this, or I'm too young to comprehend that. Or that I'm a woman – as though I did not know – and therefore incapable of thought. You gave me books to study. You grilled me on my lessons. You should know better than to tell me what I will or will not understand without giving me the opportunity first!"

Go Christine!
MusicalMaryann chapter 45 . 10/7/2012
"Only three people knew precisely to whom Christine had dedicated her performance. Two of them flinched in horror. Dedicating one's performance to a Ghost could hardly be good luck!"

Haha!

I am really enjoying this story. You write so well! :)
ghiblilover chapter 73 . 9/20/2012
That was a wonderful story. I always thought christine should have chosen erik. It was good to see that raoul came to his senses in the end.
shadowphantomnes chapter 37 . 9/2/2012
Erik is not angry with Christine, but she is quite intuitive, and his cold distance hurts her. Poor Christine! At least she will see his home... and he doesn't hate Raoul or Christine, but he feels resentful because he can't be her lover, I presume.
547 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »