Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
MusicalMaryann chapter 45 . 10/7/2012
"Only three people knew precisely to whom Christine had dedicated her performance. Two of them flinched in horror. Dedicating one's performance to a Ghost could hardly be good luck!"

I am really enjoying this story. You write so well! :)
ghiblilover chapter 73 . 9/20/2012
That was a wonderful story. I always thought christine should have chosen erik. It was good to see that raoul came to his senses in the end.
shadowphantomnes chapter 37 . 9/2/2012
Erik is not angry with Christine, but she is quite intuitive, and his cold distance hurts her. Poor Christine! At least she will see his home... and he doesn't hate Raoul or Christine, but he feels resentful because he can't be her lover, I presume.
shadowphantomnes chapter 36 . 9/2/2012
Meg is a very good chaperone is Christine, and while Christine did enjoy her fairy-tale date, the thought of losing her teacher hit her hard, which shows a nice contrast between the two men. I also like how you did not 'modernize' the story by letting Christine be with Raoul unchaperoned.
shadowphantomnes chapter 35 . 9/2/2012
I like how Raoul is not portrayed as a villain, but Erik is still jealous that he can make Christine happy while the Phantom can not. Will she bring Meg with her? If Raoul fell in love with Meg, that would solve the problem nicely... nonetheless, CHristine decided not to skip her music lesson, so that's positive.
shadowphantomnes chapter 34 . 9/2/2012
What pleases me most about this chapter is Christine's fondness for Erik, but also how her favorite color is green, indicating healing and willpower, in my mind anyway, instead of a wishy-washy blue. Gah! What a nightmare! Erik and Christine might have kissed, and they were so happy, but Raoul had to come and interrupt. *SOB*
shadowphantomnes chapter 32 . 9/2/2012
The managers really are dumb, for don't they realize that Christine has made their chorus shine? The thought of La Carlotta throwing a shoe was funny, though!
shadowphantomnes chapter 31 . 9/2/2012
Oh, thank goodness that Christine did not run! I was afraid that she would become panicked and run straight into Raoul's arms, although that is foolhardy. After all, Erik has taken care of her for seven years, and hopefully Chrstine will not ask about the mask!
shadowphantomnes chapter 30 . 9/2/2012
Ah, so Raoul has finally met Christine, and Christine is starting to have romantic fancies. She is a teenager, after all. How will her meeting with Erik go?
shadowphantomnes chapter 29 . 9/2/2012
Ah, I see the problem as well. Even the most beautiful voice without passion can be found lacking. Erik is willing to show himself to her? I hope that she does not betray his trust then! And the idea of Raoul being a rich idiot is very in-character.
shadowphantomnes chapter 27 . 9/2/2012
Yay! I'm so glad that Christine made the chorus! And she was brilliant, and the future looks brighter already.
shadowphantomnes chapter 26 . 9/2/2012
Aww... Erik realizes that he is falling in love with Christine. But I'm glad she realized that the Opera Ghost wasn't pure evil personified, and that he was just lonely and played beautiful music. And Erik let her get away with auditioning after all.
shadowphantomnes chapter 25 . 9/2/2012
Christine is a civilizing influence on her Phantom-Angel! But how will he react when he discovers that she has auditioned with her permission?
shadowphantomnes chapter 24 . 9/2/2012
Yay for Madame Giry! She does have experience in raising children while Erik does not, so I am glad that he was sensible enough to realize he may need help at times. And Erik has helped make the Opera House a success, but evidently, greed is deeply ingrained in the manager's hearts. Sometimes, threatening them with loss of life is the only way to solve a problem!

I especially like the last line "And really, he doesn't ask so very much."
shadowphantomnes chapter 23 . 9/2/2012
How nice that Meg does not immediately jump to the conclusion that the Angel of Music IS the Opera Ghost! And thank goodness that Madame Giry doesn't seem too worried about Christine now.
535 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »