Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
shadowphantomnes chapter 27 . 9/2/2012
Yay! I'm so glad that Christine made the chorus! And she was brilliant, and the future looks brighter already.
shadowphantomnes chapter 26 . 9/2/2012
Aww... Erik realizes that he is falling in love with Christine. But I'm glad she realized that the Opera Ghost wasn't pure evil personified, and that he was just lonely and played beautiful music. And Erik let her get away with auditioning after all.
shadowphantomnes chapter 25 . 9/2/2012
Christine is a civilizing influence on her Phantom-Angel! But how will he react when he discovers that she has auditioned with her permission?
shadowphantomnes chapter 24 . 9/2/2012
Yay for Madame Giry! She does have experience in raising children while Erik does not, so I am glad that he was sensible enough to realize he may need help at times. And Erik has helped make the Opera House a success, but evidently, greed is deeply ingrained in the manager's hearts. Sometimes, threatening them with loss of life is the only way to solve a problem!

I especially like the last line "And really, he doesn't ask so very much."
shadowphantomnes chapter 23 . 9/2/2012
How nice that Meg does not immediately jump to the conclusion that the Angel of Music IS the Opera Ghost! And thank goodness that Madame Giry doesn't seem too worried about Christine now.
shadowphantomnes chapter 22 . 9/2/2012
I am fond of the symbolism that you have woven in, and oh Erik, you have given her a white rose. And the rules seem decent enough, although Christine is still a little girl, and Erik is not much older. I am glad he was able to sing her to sleep, and reassure her that her father was in heaven, and let her cry to release her grief!
shadowphantomnes chapter 21 . 9/2/2012
That was a pretty brusque way to tell Christine that her father was dead, and no wake for her to mourn in... poor Christine! Of all the times for Erik to have a failure of courage indeed. I do hope that he will be able to help her, soon. And yes, sometimes it takes time before the girl can mourn.
shadowphantomnes chapter 20 . 9/2/2012
I am glad that Madame Giry was protecting Erik's interests in such a way and did not wholly blame him for Thomas' death. And I'm glad that the three girls actually respected Erik for the murder. Unfortunately, Erik doesn't know any of this *sniff*. But what a novel idea. The torture chamber had been built to scourge *himself*, not as a precaution against intruders!
shadowphantomnes chapter 19 . 9/2/2012
Oh, poor Erik! I'm glad he has a conscience, and is not a soulless killer, but penance is terrible.
shadowphantomnes chapter 18 . 8/26/2012
Well, I don't particularly feel sorry for the managers. They really should know better than to doubt the existence of O.G. since Erik doesn't want Christine to leave the Opera House. However, I'm glad that he never peeked on her in the bedroom, because that would be rather creepy. Fortunately, Nils did have friends in time of trouble, and Madame Giry is an excellent foster mother for Christine.
shadowphantomnes chapter 17 . 8/26/2012
Oh no! I was wondering how old Christine would be when her father died, but she is so young! Thank goodness that she has a friend in Meg, and will have an Angel in Erik. I particularly thought it amusing how Erik threatened Madame Giry to obtain Box Five, but it seems to have worked out without trouble... and I liked the image of her eying her cane thoughtfully.
shadowphantomnes chapter 3 . 8/26/2012
T.T This cannot possibly end well... this reminds me of Kay, where Erik is asking for a kiss on his birthday, only this is so much worse. And I feel so sorry for Erik not being able to save Hannah and being *blamed* for her death by his awful mother!
shadowphantomnes chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
Margot is such a horrible mother! I know Erik is deformed, but he's only a child...
shadowphantomnes chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
If Erik did not have Hannah, he would have been thrown in the river, no? I feel for him... and I shall eagerly read on.
xxRosa42xx chapter 73 . 7/24/2012
This is really one of the best phanphics I've ever read, aside from your Binary ;)

I love the ending! This truly is the best version of Phantom ever; I will surely remember this sweet and perfect ending whenever I think of POTO, instead of the tale w/ hatred and sadness.

Thank you for writing such a touching and romantic story!
540 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »