Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
shadowphantomnes chapter 21 . 9/2/2012
That was a pretty brusque way to tell Christine that her father was dead, and no wake for her to mourn in... poor Christine! Of all the times for Erik to have a failure of courage indeed. I do hope that he will be able to help her, soon. And yes, sometimes it takes time before the girl can mourn.
shadowphantomnes chapter 20 . 9/2/2012
I am glad that Madame Giry was protecting Erik's interests in such a way and did not wholly blame him for Thomas' death. And I'm glad that the three girls actually respected Erik for the murder. Unfortunately, Erik doesn't know any of this *sniff*. But what a novel idea. The torture chamber had been built to scourge *himself*, not as a precaution against intruders!
shadowphantomnes chapter 19 . 9/2/2012
Oh, poor Erik! I'm glad he has a conscience, and is not a soulless killer, but penance is terrible.
shadowphantomnes chapter 18 . 8/26/2012
Well, I don't particularly feel sorry for the managers. They really should know better than to doubt the existence of O.G. since Erik doesn't want Christine to leave the Opera House. However, I'm glad that he never peeked on her in the bedroom, because that would be rather creepy. Fortunately, Nils did have friends in time of trouble, and Madame Giry is an excellent foster mother for Christine.
shadowphantomnes chapter 17 . 8/26/2012
Oh no! I was wondering how old Christine would be when her father died, but she is so young! Thank goodness that she has a friend in Meg, and will have an Angel in Erik. I particularly thought it amusing how Erik threatened Madame Giry to obtain Box Five, but it seems to have worked out without trouble... and I liked the image of her eying her cane thoughtfully.
shadowphantomnes chapter 3 . 8/26/2012
T.T This cannot possibly end well... this reminds me of Kay, where Erik is asking for a kiss on his birthday, only this is so much worse. And I feel so sorry for Erik not being able to save Hannah and being *blamed* for her death by his awful mother!
shadowphantomnes chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
Margot is such a horrible mother! I know Erik is deformed, but he's only a child...
shadowphantomnes chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
If Erik did not have Hannah, he would have been thrown in the river, no? I feel for him... and I shall eagerly read on.
xxRosa42xx chapter 73 . 7/24/2012
This is really one of the best phanphics I've ever read, aside from your Binary ;)

I love the ending! This truly is the best version of Phantom ever; I will surely remember this sweet and perfect ending whenever I think of POTO, instead of the tale w/ hatred and sadness.

Thank you for writing such a touching and romantic story!
xxRosa42xx chapter 63 . 7/23/2012
You really did a brilliant job on writing out Erik's story. Your words stir vivid images one after one and poignant reminders of the tragedies he bore in the past...
Now I shall move onto the next chapter and see what happens ;)
xxRosa42xx chapter 19 . 7/22/2012
You definitely deserve more reviews! This is wonderful retelling of the phantom's story.
I love it so far.
I enjoy every bits of your added-stories to the original POTO that talked about their past.
Very well-done. You really master these characters and their stories well.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/21/2012
After finish reading your Binary, I looked for your other phanphics and "Ta-da!" here I am, reading your other story :)

I love how you're rewriting phantom's story by adding in new stories of your own.
They're really touching and interesting. This totally brings POTO up to another phantastic level!
And most of all, I just enjoy reading little Erik grow up. I can't wait to read the part where he first meets Christine!
Anne chapter 53 . 5/8/2012
The paragraph and it's conclusion 'How close it came to lying!'. Brilliant!

Can't think if anyone who has done it before.
shadowphantomness chapter 15 . 2/4/2012
Erik is so sweet, in a way. I like how he really tries to take care of 'his' Opera house, and oh, it would be nice of Nils and Christine could 'adopt' him into their family.
shadowphantomness chapter 14 . 2/3/2012
This was a very sweet chapter. I can imagine Erik longing for family, and I have wondered what it would be like if he and Christine met as children... and I'm happy that Christine's father isn't dead.
534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »