Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
AHealingRenaissance chapter 15 . 12/9/2005
CLIFFIE! (Gr...) Please update very soon:) I hope Raoul doesn't take it into his pretty pea-sized head to kidnap her.
Rogue1978 chapter 14 . 12/8/2005
WOW! And I mean WOW! I LOVE this story, i've been reading it at work ALL DAY! I eagerly await your next posting! Brava! Brava! EXTREMELY well done.
DeamonFruba chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
Okay, I haven't finished this (bed in a couple minutes) but YOU ARE SO GOOD! I love how realistically you write this. You seem so passionate about it and it really brings the story to life. I am looking forward BIG time to reading your other stories and chapters. I think that you are extremly talented in what you are doing. I will be in touch.
CEK1234 chapter 14 . 12/7/2005
I really really enjoy your story. It's so in-depth, I feel like I'm reading an actual book, which I love. Unfortunately, most fan fiction is so short and so...sensational (in the bad way), that, even though it's fiction, it's just not believable. I really think you do a good job of making the story your own. It doesn't follow the original story to the letter, which I find I like, because it keeps me guessing, and it's close enough that it retains the essence of Leroux's and Webber's Phantom. I'm trying to think of an improvement I could suggest, since the little blurb at the bottom of this screen says I should, but nothing is coming to mind (for the frist time in my life!) I love the personalities of all of the characters, they come through very well, very strongly. They are all quite unique, and I think you've given them all a depth that works. Keep up the good work! Please update ASAP! There's nothing like checking the site and seeing that the Update date has changed.
AHealingRenaissance chapter 14 . 12/7/2005
YAY! She didn't choose Monsieur Le Fop! I REALLY like this chapter:) Please update soon :)
Mystery Guest chapter 13 . 12/7/2005
I'm not the only one who's tallented! Oh! and thanks, by the way, *blush*, for the high complement. I'm glad you liked my work so well. But this story is great! I like how you've developed Erik's character. He's the way one might expect him to be given the life he's had, intellectually brilliant but totally lacking in any confidence in his ability to have a relationship not based on his domination of someone, and slightly morose and depressed. I like how you've developed Christine too. She's young and a bit naive, pure and inocent, but not so naive and inocent that she's brainless or lacking in the emotional sensibility to respond to Erik. And I'm so glad you didn't have her fall for Raoul! I also even like what you've done with his character. There's nothing technically wrong with him. He's not mean or arrogant, well maybe a little, or too pompos or excessively shallow. He just doesn't have that deep connection to music that Christine does. But I'm so glad that Christine had better sense, and a better sense of herself, than to let herself be seduced by his attentions into thinking herself in love with him or into becoming infatuated with him. At least I darned well hope so! I like the way you've got the relationship between Erik and Christine developing. It's very shy and tender and sweet. I look forward to some good E/C fluff later. But Raoul seems a bit dense, in that he seems to be taking Christine's continued acceptance of his invitations as indicating her genuine attraction to him, so I hope she has the sense to set him straight soon and does not, out of a misguided desire not to hurt his feelings or out of not being able to find the courage to stand up for her own, let him persist in that assumption overlong.

Anyway, great story! This really is an A Phic. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see this one develop, and don't forget that fluff.
AnnMary chapter 13 . 12/2/2005
this is so good! i'm liking your story so much, please update as soon as possible
AHealingRenaissance chapter 12 . 11/30/2005
GASP! I am engrossed in this story :) Please update soon - I love this rendition!
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 2 . 11/11/2005
Hey! Glad to see a new section so soon! I'm sorry though that people complained about the length of your previous installment. I liked it. As I said, it got the plot moving nicely so that you didn't feel like you'd only read one chapter.

I like the way you're developing Erik's character. You've managed to remind us that he's still a child while at the same time showing his percotiousness, and you've also shown how his childish playfulness, combined with having never really been taught social interactions or right from wrong, evolve into the Phantom of the Opera that we all know. Well done. That transition is always one of the hardest things to portray well. I also loved your description of his reaction to Christine's voice. Perfect!

By the way. I forgot to mention it last chapter, but great choice of what to have Christine sing for her audition. That particular setting of the Miserere is so beautiful, especially with a really good, pure voiced soprano singing it.

Anyway, keep up the great work. This really is shaping up to be a great story. I can't wait till it really gets into the main part of the plot.
Idril Silmaril chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
A little on the long side. Try using the chapter breakdown that is offered. But aside from that, a good story. I like the name Herroux, plays on Leroux. A nice insight into the story of le Fantome. Great job.
WildPixieChild chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
Cool beginning, cant wait for an update!
Cynical Romantic Lass chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
this is incrediable. Its the only fic i've seen that not only goes into erik's backstory but smootly provides plausible explainations for every strange character trait he has. Most people are just like, um hes really smart and um hurt yeah thats it cause he was in the fair. And they dont bother giving him any real spark of humanity that would make him even vaugly realistic for christine to stand being around, and if they do give him any human sympathy its madam giry and hes usually mean to her. And also people usually completely rush through the backstory to get to the hot and heavy. I'm really really really liking the way you personify erik. sweet, and cunning, and wounded and just absolutly gorgeous. Do you happen to have a 17 year old version lol. And that whole bit with the iron will growing could have seemed really overdone, but it worked. and leslie was a great oc, completely not marysuish. please keep wriiting. And i'd love to email if you ever feel like talking
cario chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Excellent start. Keep up the good work. I think this is going to be one of the best on this site. Thanks...
constantlycold chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
great story please continue! I eally like your writing style...Keep up the good work! really good story!
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
And that's only the first installment? Wow! This story is shaping up to be an A quality Phanfic! I like the way you've worked in elements from both the original novel and Susan Kay as well as the 2004 movie, and I like the way you've drawn the characters so far. I like leslie. I'm glad she had the decency to help Erik as much as she could, and I like the way you've drawn Christine and her father so far. They're very sweet. I can't wait to see where you're going to go with this one, whether it ends up being E/C or E/OW. Your writing is of excellent quality too, and I must say that I liked how you put several chapters in this first installment. It gets the plot moving along at a nice pace, and doesn't leave the reader, as so often happens when someone just uploads a single first chapter, feeling as though they've been dangled a tantilizing bit of story that they'll then have to wait heaven knows how long to see begin to develop. That's so frustrating! But I also like the fact that you stopped the first installment where you did so that it wasn't too long either. Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next one, so please do update again soon!
540 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36