Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
AnnMary chapter 13 . 12/2/2005
this is so good! i'm liking your story so much, please update as soon as possible
AHealingRenaissance chapter 12 . 11/30/2005
GASP! I am engrossed in this story :) Please update soon - I love this rendition!
Phantom Shadow of the Titanic chapter 2 . 11/11/2005
Hey! Glad to see a new section so soon! I'm sorry though that people complained about the length of your previous installment. I liked it. As I said, it got the plot moving nicely so that you didn't feel like you'd only read one chapter.

I like the way you're developing Erik's character. You've managed to remind us that he's still a child while at the same time showing his percotiousness, and you've also shown how his childish playfulness, combined with having never really been taught social interactions or right from wrong, evolve into the Phantom of the Opera that we all know. Well done. That transition is always one of the hardest things to portray well. I also loved your description of his reaction to Christine's voice. Perfect!

By the way. I forgot to mention it last chapter, but great choice of what to have Christine sing for her audition. That particular setting of the Miserere is so beautiful, especially with a really good, pure voiced soprano singing it.

Anyway, keep up the great work. This really is shaping up to be a great story. I can't wait till it really gets into the main part of the plot.
Idril Silmaril chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
A little on the long side. Try using the chapter breakdown that is offered. But aside from that, a good story. I like the name Herroux, plays on Leroux. A nice insight into the story of le Fantome. Great job.
WildPixieChild chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
Cool beginning, cant wait for an update!
Cynical Romantic Lass chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
this is incrediable. Its the only fic i've seen that not only goes into erik's backstory but smootly provides plausible explainations for every strange character trait he has. Most people are just like, um hes really smart and um hurt yeah thats it cause he was in the fair. And they dont bother giving him any real spark of humanity that would make him even vaugly realistic for christine to stand being around, and if they do give him any human sympathy its madam giry and hes usually mean to her. And also people usually completely rush through the backstory to get to the hot and heavy. I'm really really really liking the way you personify erik. sweet, and cunning, and wounded and just absolutly gorgeous. Do you happen to have a 17 year old version lol. And that whole bit with the iron will growing could have seemed really overdone, but it worked. and leslie was a great oc, completely not marysuish. please keep wriiting. And i'd love to email if you ever feel like talking
cario chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Excellent start. Keep up the good work. I think this is going to be one of the best on this site. Thanks...
constantlycold chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
great story please continue! I eally like your writing style...Keep up the good work! really good story!
Phantom Shadow of the Titanic chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
And that's only the first installment? Wow! This story is shaping up to be an A quality Phanfic! I like the way you've worked in elements from both the original novel and Susan Kay as well as the 2004 movie, and I like the way you've drawn the characters so far. I like leslie. I'm glad she had the decency to help Erik as much as she could, and I like the way you've drawn Christine and her father so far. They're very sweet. I can't wait to see where you're going to go with this one, whether it ends up being E/C or E/OW. Your writing is of excellent quality too, and I must say that I liked how you put several chapters in this first installment. It gets the plot moving along at a nice pace, and doesn't leave the reader, as so often happens when someone just uploads a single first chapter, feeling as though they've been dangled a tantilizing bit of story that they'll then have to wait heaven knows how long to see begin to develop. That's so frustrating! But I also like the fact that you stopped the first installment where you did so that it wasn't too long either. Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next one, so please do update again soon!
534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36