Reviews for Phantom:A Romantic's Retelling
shadowphantomness chapter 6 . 2/3/2012
Poor little Erik! I am so glad that he found a friend in Leslie, at the very least.
rainbowseagull chapter 54 . 1/30/2012
Oh, I love this story so so so much! I have no words. :D :D :D

(I decided to write my review on this chapter because I just about died when I saw what the title was. I hope Raoul wasn't planning on eating any children he might have.)
broadwaygirl818 chapter 73 . 1/15/2012
Beautiful job, as always. Every chapter was wonderfully written. Your character portrayals were - as always - composed with perfect pitch. Well done!

*broadwaygirl818*
Scarlett Raine chapter 73 . 1/6/2012
That was so great! Thanks for writing it! :)

I love that Erik and Christine finally received their happy ending... and such a sweet one at that!

Bravo!
Abe Lincoln Lover chapter 73 . 12/10/2011
Thank you.

Just thank you. This was a wonderfully written story! I am at a loss for words to describe it. I don't know what to say! Anything I come up with sounds degrading compared to this work of art - even "perfect" is insulting to this!

:D I can't believe you mentioned Leroux's book at the end! Saying you're Christine and Erik's great grandchild was pure genious!

I'm so happy for stumbling upon this story! Your fics are really good, so keep writing!
AngelofMusic chapter 73 . 7/14/2011
I can not begin to express how much this story touched me. I could not stop reading it for a second! I have always believed that Christine and the Phantom were one and should stay together, the Phantom or should I say Erik deserves love and affection in his life. You have captured love, adventure, music, and anticipation in this wonderful story as well as in Binary. The way you ended this story was truly amazing with the great grandchild telling it. What more can I say then amazing and keep up the grand work, I shall look forward to more of your writing.
ficfanang chapter 73 . 3/28/2011
Amazing. Simply amazing. I fell in love with the 2004 movie a few weeks ago because of the music, but your rendition of it made me fall in love with the characters, as well.
elfinmyth chapter 73 . 3/2/2011
woooow...I had not expected such a sweet, -yet believable- and cute ending. Once more, you managed to utterly surprise me.

I liked the sentences with which you ended the story. Indeed, in the 'normal' Phantom of the opera ending is much too shallow.

Off you read your third story. My guess is that it is as good as both Bionary -what does that title mean, actually?- and this one.

With praise,

elfinmyth
elfinmyth chapter 13 . 3/1/2011
Wow, so far the story is absolutely great!

I can't wait till i can read the rest. -damn school, interfering with my reading time-

Just one question...he's from Sweden isn't he? Why the hell is he talking in dutch to her? O.o

xx elfin
Dragon chapter 73 . 12/29/2010
I have just finished your lovely story and realized it is 2:30 AM. I am not sorry at all for the late (or early) hour even if I have to be up and going later this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Evil Clinky chapter 73 . 8/12/2010
What a lovely, moving story! It's such a unique re-imagining, and I love how you reinvented many details, like Erik's lair and especially the torture chamber's purpose. Highly original! You're very knowledgeable, and your writing is really lush and descriptive.

The characters are sympathetic and none-even the apparent antagonists-are beyond redemption. The pacing is excellent and the twists are believable. POTO doesn't have a happy ending (for us Erik lovers anyway), which is why the story's so tragically beautiful in the first place, and so I'm always wary of fics that drastically alter the ending. But this one was thoroughly satisfying. Thank you for that. :)

I am wondering, though. What does Philippe think of Erik and Christine's return to his Opera house?
DarkMagicianGirl114 chapter 70 . 6/8/2010
I don't hate Raoul anymore. He's till annoying but he just cheered me up quiet a bit.
DarkMagicianGirl114 chapter 66 . 6/7/2010
Okay that's it, I hate Raoul right now, he was extremely annoying in the original book, and only slightly annoying in the movie. Good story.
DarkMagicianGirl114 chapter 3 . 6/7/2010
I like Hannah. It was sad when she died. The slightly creepy thing is Erik is acting exactly like himself and he's seven. Anyway, good story so far, I need to finish reading it now.
Honey Jenkins chapter 2 . 5/22/2010
Horrible! Horrible! And by that I mean poor little four year old Erik's mother, not this story. Very creative! I haven't read a story that follows Erik from his birth since Kay's novel. I find it quite inventive how you introduced his mother and the story with the mask. Of course it makes me want to punch her in the stomach, but it's very well thought of. Excellent work!
534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »