Reviews for A Faun's Tale
Frodo's sister chapter 9 . 7/3/2014
This is a well written story. I like the honor that they gave Tumnus at the end.
Frodo's sister chapter 5 . 6/29/2014
This is a good story about Tumnus. Your representation of Jadis is true to character. She had a sugary voice with cold eyes. I'm glad that Tumnus didn't fall for temptation this time.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Good beginning. I'm going to read more of this story.
Lady Aramis chapter 8 . 6/11/2013
I love this! You portrayed Tumnus excellently. Thank you for a wonderful story.
BBauzzie chapter 5 . 3/1/2013
MR TUMNUS, NOOOOOOO! DON'T. COME BACK. NOW, NOW.
BBauzzie chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
MR TUMNUS, NOOOOOOOOOOO. DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOU!

I wonder how the wolves nailed a letter to the post... and not to mention bound his hands... *grins*
BBauzzie chapter 2 . 2/28/2013
Mr Tuuuummmmnnnnnnnnuuuussssss, you are the beeeeeeeesssssst
shiftyless chapter 9 . 6/24/2011
start 2 finish - great
Love and Rock Music chapter 8 . 1/3/2008
Sigh. This was such a wonderful story. I do love happy endings. . .

Your characterization of Tumnus is just perfect; a tidy, flustered little Faun who likes music and becomes a hero accidentally.

When Aslan said, "He is proud of you," I was 'awing'. It was just too cute! Almost brought a tear to my eye. And Lucy's present, too. That was great.

This was a pleasure to read and surely what C.S. Lewis meant when he told us to write more stories about Narnia. Your last line - THAT was magnificent.
Love and Rock Music chapter 7 . 1/3/2008
I don't particularly like battle chapters, but this was good. Little Tumnus lost in a crowd of fighting? Poor dear, it doesn't suit him at all! And the Nictus and Coral were both very nicely blended into the story.
Love and Rock Music chapter 6 . 1/3/2008
Great, great chapter! I totally can't think of anything to say, 'cause I love it so much. It's by far the prettiest of everything so far, and an excellent chance for you to show off your beautiful descriptions: "bluer than sapphire and twice as clear" -That kind of writing always makes me smile. Also, Aslan's dialog was also nicely handled. From some authors it sounds cheesy, but never from you!
Love and Rock Music chapter 5 . 1/3/2008
Yet another good chapter. I liked how you incorporated details about the Witch from other books, but you didn't overdo it - just little details that dorks like me can appreciate. The way write for Jadis is so. . . convincing. It's exactly how she sounds in the books! And I loved the last line also; your last words are always good. ]
Love and Rock Music chapter 4 . 1/3/2008
Sometimes, during the descriptions of action scenes, things get confusing or boring - but I'm happy to report that this chapter was neither! Poor Mr. Tumnus. It was so cute the way he hid and tried to pretend he wasn't home.
Love and Rock Music chapter 3 . 1/3/2008
This was a great chapter! Who doesn't love a good flashback, and yours was wonderfully done. I really can't help but pick out my favorite bits that show off your skill: "a sound that every true Narnian feared," "You! Faun!" and "six wolves loped through the forest." It's really amazing how you create such clear images.

"That sounded awfully like kidnapping to Mr. Tumnus, but he dared not speak his thoughts aloud." -Great line. So cute and so very Tumnus.
Love and Rock Music chapter 2 . 1/3/2008
Delightful. I love reading these little parts that aren't included in the story - especially when they're written so well. I find this story very engaging, and exciting even if it is a little short.

"His is the closest friendly house." -This is a great line. It's awesome that you don't use exactly modern syntax, as so many other aspiring authors do.