Reviews for Price of Happiness
Lakitalover chapter 1 . 2/18/2012 just seems so out of character for Angel to be Angel and Angelus at the same time. His soul always made him so guilt ridden and protective of Buffy and her friends. He wouldn't hurt Xander, and Xander wouldn't put up with it. I feel like this story would play out better with OCs and a longer backstory, not anything from the Buffyverse.
Chris Luca chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I'm deeply impressed by this fic and how you ended it. It was so touching! To have Xander reveal everything by just asking if she is happy. And Buffy - totally unlike most fics where she hasn't a clue about emotions or humanity - smiling through her tears and assuring him he hasn't failed in what he set out to do by letting himself be abused and raped like that. Treating his wounds, but more importantly, taking away his pain (emotional and physical) by telling him he does make her happy.I think this is how this kind of situation should be handled and you made it very in character.
Kitiara Woodbane chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
You know I don't usually like rape storys, I think it's sickening, and that the authors who write them on here don't take into account just how horrific it is. However I think you managed to get the point across without being explicit and over the top. I especially appreciated the fact that you showed the trauma something like this can cause, and didn't be flippant about it like so many are nowadays. I liked the way you focused this on the feelings of frienship between Buffy and Xander, and didn't demean their link with unnecessary attraction. Honestly I just like the way you wrote it, the undertones and nuances really draw in the reader. I will say that this is the only story with rape in it that I have read that has been tastefully done. I, well, enjoyed is the wrong word, but I appreciated reading it. You do seem to have a talent with writing emotions.

Kitiara Woodbane
starlesscity chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Awwwwh. For one of the first times ever, I like Buffy :D
ILoveThesePeople chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
This made me cry. It was so beautifully written and I could actually see Xander doing that. He's always so sacrificing, it makes me tear up.
Law Denvir chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Cool, that was good as well. :) (I know, they are all good but it gives you my opinion)
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
i like this story... you are a good writer... i like that fact that even with a soul angel can do bad think... they showed that in cannon...

do you know of any more stories where angel was hurting xander before he lost his soul... there was one i wanted to write but i dont have the skill... xander find out angel back form hell, and giles know and tell him angel never hurt you.. and xander yell back how the hell whould you know what he did to me, he hurt me more then anyone even you giles.. they find out angel raped xander before he lost his soul,, and the best part was angel did not do it.. xander parent mess with his mind trying to break him, becouse he has a cool power that they sealed and want to break his mind... good story
angstkitten chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
oh my gosh. this is so heartbreaking. xander... i love him so much. he sacrifices so much. everything. he gives up everything for his friends, and it's so sweet. it tears me up inside to see his pain like that.

this was brilliantly written. the style and word choice were terrific. keep at it, because you really have a lot of talent. great job!~
hA-UkA chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Very realistic.
Kate0xoxoxo chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
wow that was great, I loved it.
anon chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Very nice story. Thanks.

P.S. love the ending; that they didn't all live happily every after in a threesome.

life is life and sometimes consequences hurt but they must happen

thanks again.
Fire of the lioness chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
brutal and sweet at the same time. Great story.
jka1 chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
this was really a great fic i felt so sorry for xander he just seemed so broken in the end i wished you could have done an extra chapter to see if angel was dusted or not and whether xander would ever recover but aside from that youwrote this really well -
kcjadesolo chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
great story. Didn't real like the making Angle the bad guy part, but still a great story.
GummiBearsCrackers chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
This story makes me so fahklempt. I read it and it makes my heart get all tight (but not in a bad way, mind you) and I feel so sad for Xander. Poor Xander! Good characterization. It's so vicious and I really like it - like isn't the right word but I appreciate the kinesthetic experience it gives me. Keep up the good work. )