Reviews for A Heart Beating, Darkly
Ismeme chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
That was interesting. I read a few of your stories and really loved them. Your one of those writers that really catch the emotions behind the story and love that. One day I want to be able to write that good.
Bibliolympian chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
That. Was. Just.

Omigod. *am not coherent enough for a good review*

All that stuff about "Hisana is..." I REALLY LIKE THOSE FICS. IT JUST SEEM SO, HISANA.'s hard to explain. But you've pulled it off. And all that subtle hinting and not subtle hinting and...AUGH. *dies*
Rinhail chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
The most beautiful, elegant story I've read in a while. This tugged hard at my heart; you did a outstanding job portraying these twos beginning. Adding to my favorites. :)
Shubhs chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
AW MAN!I LOVE this one dude!It was SO FREAKING KYOT!XP XD XD XD XD ** **
lunar-sea chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Beautiful and somehow heartbreaking at the same time, but in a good way :P
Pyromaniac-Girl chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Wow! I love the way that you wrote that story! Was it difficult writing in second-person? I think that you did really well!

Hisana and Byakuya should deffinately get more 'Air-time' in some flashbacks.

I hope that you will have a good day!
shackleton chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
woodang. way to get it right. byakuya is fascinating; he's so lonely. and i like how you have hisana here because she's not pathetic or even really submissive. great writing.
hadbeenworking chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
I have never read something so exquisitely beautiful as this. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful story!
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Beautiful, in a tragic sort of way. Hisana referencing herself in the 3rd person really made a surprising difference in the tone of the really established her meekness/utter lowness as it were.
Geniusgirl The Original chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
To be quite honest with you, the eloquence of this story intimidates and (I believe to a mentionable extent) impairs the possibility of this review being anything more than fancy words strung together basically meant to read something like, "This is the best story I have ever read."

The writing is brilliant, the characterization is flawless and, given half a chance, I would not hesitate to integrate this into what I consider to be 'canon' Bleach until Kubo Tite decides that things happened differently. The relationship between Byakyuya and Hisana and particularly the circumstances under which they met has always fascinated me thus, although the situation you've placed them in has never crossed my mind, I find it the most plaussible of the scenarios I've encountered thus far. Not to mention, it is without doubt the most well-narrated.

Finally, I must say that if ever perfection were a sentence, it would be this one, "Kuchiki, you learn, is just another name for the law." (As Chappy says, "Wuv." :D)

So in summary, I adore this story and I greatly admire and envy your style. Excellent work (and 'excellent' is inadequate).
kahel16 chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Oh wow.

Wonderfully written in second person. Amazing.
Handsome Puppy chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Lovely. The whole piece carries an invisible and quiet weight like the Kuchiki clan does, yet trickles of tenderness peak through at places and offer glimpses into Byakuya's character. The significance and gravity of being born into a noble clan is craftily depicted, and neither Byakuya and Hisana stepped out of their roles despite the out-of-character situations. Simply beautiful.

Second person POV is not the easiest to write in, yet you've managed to execute it gracefully. Kudos to you for the great job. I hope to read more writings from you. :)
Trinity chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Simply poetic and poignant. Absolutely gorgeous. Bitter and sweet. *sniffs* So... wonderful. *bawls* Thank you so much for such a beautiful fic!
Jedi Boadicea chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
What a truly beautiful piece this is. It's not often you see stories written in the second person, and rarely among those rare examples is it actually done well. Here, it is done with grace.

I haven't read many Byakuya/Hisana fanfics, but most of what I have read never quite seemed to capture the essence of Byakuya. They softened his edges, tried to make him other than he is, or to make him regret what he is. This piece does none of that. And because it leaves him as he is, it makes his willingness to hand everything over to Hisana all the more powerful and moving.

The last lines for each segment here were especially powerful. Well done. And though the whole thing was lyrical and poignant, my favorite part (if I had to pick one) would have to be the opening segment.

"Kuchiki, you learn, is just another name for the law."

Perfect. :)
Luna12 chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Wow! Wonderfull conjecture of how Byakuya and Hisana might have hooked up. I really enjoyed your insight into Byakuya's character. He is cold and arrogant, but finds himself compelled anyway. You also did a good job of making it so Hisana may not necessarily be in love with Byakuya, but likes him (as a person/lord/possible friend?) nonetheless.