Reviews for Gentle Lesson: The Restoration of the Hatake
Let me just say, that my opinion on this fic can go in two different ways.

Kakashidiot, you have good, incredible writing skills to be honest. However, I feel as if many parts of the story were lacking and unnecessary.

As we all know, Kakashi's life is already messed up pretty dark, and really, there's no reason for the reader to read through all of that and feel overly sentimental.

However, this is just my opinion.

I also feel as being one of this fanfiction's reader, that the story would've been much better on focusing on the actual plot, instead of putting extra information about Kakashi's past for the reader to sympathise with.
*Wheezes*
Really, you put in too many chapters about Kakashi's depressing life (so full of angst that it gets cringy) when it could be replaced with information that would hopefully put the reader in some light. Yes, this story IS confusing.
You've got to write something that the reader would probably understand. Some mystery could arouse the reader to venture deeper into the fic, but, I'm sorry, you just made this into a ball of confusion.
(I apologise severely)

Next, Yukio. (I ain't gonna talk about him. Complete sick bastard; rapist.)

On forward to the next problem. Kakashi.
Kakashi is probably my favourite character throughout the whole of Naruto, cause he is da the best. _
But, I find Kakashi's OCCness a big problem in this fanfic.
I certainly do not think he will most likely submit himself that easily, because goddamnthemanhaspride. Just my thoughts, but thought Kakashi would've killed Yukio halfway through this fanfic.
I do not see Kakashi to spread himself out so willingly to his own abuser.
And to see Kakashi wallow so much in his self-loathing/hatred makes me want to drag out the funny, quirky, slightly off version of himself and haul his arse over into this fanfic.
Kakashi's not as bright and warm and Naruto, but not exactly full of darkness like Sasuke. You've got to remember that when writing Kakashi. A man of many experience but with a broken past which he stands, not deep in, but just in the waist-deep to not make the same mistakes again.
And he masks his sadness as well. This fic made me kinda want to slap reality onto this version of Kakashi, I'm afraid.

I'm a fan of all your other Naruto fanfiction, but this one didn't exactly make me happy or heartbroken. Minor plotlines as well.

I wanna say though, that the KakaSaku ending was sweet and fluffy. At least you gave the main characters a happy ending.

Thank you anyway. I've never been a devoted fan of the KakaSaku pairing, but particularly the ending made me smile a tiny bit.
Guest chapter 39 . 12/13/2016
You really have a talent for writing, you really do. Setting aside the actual plot, your type of writing is something quite special and really has the reader settling into the story. I'd particulary liked how you described Kakashi's memories going back and forth in one chapter... And how you built things up over the plot, gold. You should become an actual author...

The ending was fitting for KakaSaku, a fluffy ending.

One thing I probably didn't improve of was Kakashi's OoCness. He was really out of character that you could swap his name with some other emo character from elsewhere! Though I can't really say anything about it... Kakashi was dealing with life and just swerved a completely different U-way turn and got lost. On the road of life.

Other than that... well written. I don't usually read romance KakaSaku that very often, but this was quite the read.

Thanks for this, Kakashidiot.

-Meh, a guest.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/9/2015
Your story doesn't make sense.
i ish shoopuf chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
Nope, no more.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/23/2014
"Kakashi knew with a certainty that he was darkness."
Most pretentious and angsty opening line I have ever read.

oh god. the wangst.

Yeah, I'm close to dropping this.
i ish shoopuf chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
I don't know. It's not that enjoyable so far. I know you are trying to go for a disconnected feeling here, but it just seems so forced.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/28/2014
Wow depresing
Guest chapter 2 . 10/28/2014
It s a bit dificult to understand but it seems nice :)
cherryflowerblossoms chapter 39 . 7/20/2014
I loved the story.
Loved the ending he most.
Nonny chapter 12 . 6/16/2014
I sort of get what you were trying to do here with the ... atmosphere? Writing style? I'm not sure how to explain it. Either way, I just feel like you've missed the mark. It's more confusing than engrossing, and it seems to drag on too much. Sorry.

That said, it's not all bad! It's a great story premise, the spelling and grammar and good. Plus, I'm a huge Kakashi/Sakura fan. This fic really has a lot of potential, even if it's not for me. So please keep writing for your other fans, but I'm gonna have to stop reading now at chapter 12.
Phamenia chapter 39 . 6/2/2014
I have to say, I agree on one of your author's notes! Haha. I cringed when I first started reading this fic. To be completely honest, I skimed through them all until the point where your writing had...formatted a little. I feel like it was too poetic in a scene, a little try hard. But when you calmed it down to just paragraphs and occasional break lines, I read it word for word. Brilliant story. Though a little sad to see Kaka a little selfless and jittery at the end- still good
rezaria chapter 39 . 10/4/2013
You know, I really liked Letters of Yesterday, so I was compelled to give this a read too.

I'll tell you what I do like about this:

- Characterization of Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke, and how you really look deep into their characters and motivations and relate that to Kakashi.
- Integration of minor/secondary characters like Anko, Genma, Raidou, Iruka, Asuma, Kurenai, etc. and how their views varied in terms of how to approach Kakashi - you really represent them well.
- Stylistically, the prose is very similar to the manga, so it brings a sense of familiarity to canon
- The intent on delving into a more tragic side to Kakashi.

Okay, so let's move on the negatives. Aside from the occasional mechanical/spelling/grammar issue and some formatting problems, I have a couple of issues with this work:

- Yukio, Yukio, Yukio. Okay, I have a couple of problems with this character. First, he's really pushing his repulsiveness to the extreme - I really don't like reading his scenes, and his presence is quite distubing. But also, I just don't buy that Kakashi would let himself be treated like that. Although Kakashi does feel some guilt and self-pity, I think that it's a bit too far-fetched to consider him a sexual victim as well, it just doesn't mesh and the two characteristics are not complimentary or analogous. Kakashi is proud and devoted and loyal, and this part of him (that Yukio brings out) doesn't ring true.

This brings me to my next point, which is what I think Yukio is: I feel like he's just this plot device to make Kakashi more miserable than he already is - that's what he represents, isn't it? Kakashi's low points? Well, honestly, I feel that his inclusion is just way over the top. Here's why: Kakashi's backstory is already super angsty and melodramatic. Why would you need to create more of that when there's already SO much there to work with and develop? You don't need to pile on more tragedy, because, frankly, it's unnecessary.

Third, how does no one else in ANBU know about the whole abuse thing with Yukio? It stretches believably that Yukio could hide himself THAT well to fool EVERYONE around him, especially since everyone else is a super-observant ninja too.

Lastly, I don't like how the result/fallout is handled. Yukio was an abuser and it's weird that Kakashi "thanks" him - it makes readers confused as to what kind of message they're supposed to get from that, and honestly, I feel that every other character just kind of brushes the whole thing off when it's a huge deal. Like, when he was being abused, and they KNEW, why didn't they DO anything?

- The other quibble I had was the pairing-everyone-up kind of thing. Was that really necessary? It felt a bit contrived, honestly - in the soap-opera ensemble kind of way.

But otherwise, I enjoyed certain parts of it very much.
The You of Yesterday chapter 11 . 5/5/2013
Even though I have read this before, I still nearly cried at the end! It's too sad! Xx
The You of Yesterday chapter 6 . 5/1/2013
The last part of this chapter made me shiver... for the third time!
The You of Yesterday chapter 4 . 5/1/2013
This is my third time reading your story, and I'm ashamed to say I don't think I've reviewed it before...!
What keeps me coming back is your portrayal of the characters, especially of Kakashi, which seems very close to the manga characters to me. I think you've captured Kakashi's complicated character very well. He's really a sweet, kind person who's led an unbelievably hard life, and I could well believe that after years of being back in ANBU again he could become like he is here.
Thanks for the story! :-)