Reviews for Gentle Lesson: The Restoration of the Hatake
i ish shoopuf chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
Nope, no more.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/23/2014
"Kakashi knew with a certainty that he was darkness."
Most pretentious and angsty opening line I have ever read.

oh god. the wangst.

Yeah, I'm close to dropping this.
i ish shoopuf chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
I don't know. It's not that enjoyable so far. I know you are trying to go for a disconnected feeling here, but it just seems so forced.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/28/2014
Wow depresing
Guest chapter 2 . 10/28/2014
It s a bit dificult to understand but it seems nice :)
cherryflowerblossoms chapter 39 . 7/20/2014
I loved the story.
Loved the ending he most.
Nonny chapter 12 . 6/16/2014
I sort of get what you were trying to do here with the ... atmosphere? Writing style? I'm not sure how to explain it. Either way, I just feel like you've missed the mark. It's more confusing than engrossing, and it seems to drag on too much. Sorry.

That said, it's not all bad! It's a great story premise, the spelling and grammar and good. Plus, I'm a huge Kakashi/Sakura fan. This fic really has a lot of potential, even if it's not for me. So please keep writing for your other fans, but I'm gonna have to stop reading now at chapter 12.
Phamenia chapter 39 . 6/2/2014
I have to say, I agree on one of your author's notes! Haha. I cringed when I first started reading this fic. To be completely honest, I skimed through them all until the point where your writing had...formatted a little. I feel like it was too poetic in a scene, a little try hard. But when you calmed it down to just paragraphs and occasional break lines, I read it word for word. Brilliant story. Though a little sad to see Kaka a little selfless and jittery at the end- still good
rezaria chapter 39 . 10/4/2013
You know, I really liked Letters of Yesterday, so I was compelled to give this a read too.

I'll tell you what I do like about this:

- Characterization of Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke, and how you really look deep into their characters and motivations and relate that to Kakashi.
- Integration of minor/secondary characters like Anko, Genma, Raidou, Iruka, Asuma, Kurenai, etc. and how their views varied in terms of how to approach Kakashi - you really represent them well.
- Stylistically, the prose is very similar to the manga, so it brings a sense of familiarity to canon
- The intent on delving into a more tragic side to Kakashi.

Okay, so let's move on the negatives. Aside from the occasional mechanical/spelling/grammar issue and some formatting problems, I have a couple of issues with this work:

- Yukio, Yukio, Yukio. Okay, I have a couple of problems with this character. First, he's really pushing his repulsiveness to the extreme - I really don't like reading his scenes, and his presence is quite distubing. But also, I just don't buy that Kakashi would let himself be treated like that. Although Kakashi does feel some guilt and self-pity, I think that it's a bit too far-fetched to consider him a sexual victim as well, it just doesn't mesh and the two characteristics are not complimentary or analogous. Kakashi is proud and devoted and loyal, and this part of him (that Yukio brings out) doesn't ring true.

This brings me to my next point, which is what I think Yukio is: I feel like he's just this plot device to make Kakashi more miserable than he already is - that's what he represents, isn't it? Kakashi's low points? Well, honestly, I feel that his inclusion is just way over the top. Here's why: Kakashi's backstory is already super angsty and melodramatic. Why would you need to create more of that when there's already SO much there to work with and develop? You don't need to pile on more tragedy, because, frankly, it's unnecessary.

Third, how does no one else in ANBU know about the whole abuse thing with Yukio? It stretches believably that Yukio could hide himself THAT well to fool EVERYONE around him, especially since everyone else is a super-observant ninja too.

Lastly, I don't like how the result/fallout is handled. Yukio was an abuser and it's weird that Kakashi "thanks" him - it makes readers confused as to what kind of message they're supposed to get from that, and honestly, I feel that every other character just kind of brushes the whole thing off when it's a huge deal. Like, when he was being abused, and they KNEW, why didn't they DO anything?

- The other quibble I had was the pairing-everyone-up kind of thing. Was that really necessary? It felt a bit contrived, honestly - in the soap-opera ensemble kind of way.

But otherwise, I enjoyed certain parts of it very much.
The You of Yesterday chapter 11 . 5/5/2013
Even though I have read this before, I still nearly cried at the end! It's too sad! Xx
The You of Yesterday chapter 6 . 5/1/2013
The last part of this chapter made me shiver... for the third time!
The You of Yesterday chapter 4 . 5/1/2013
This is my third time reading your story, and I'm ashamed to say I don't think I've reviewed it before...!
What keeps me coming back is your portrayal of the characters, especially of Kakashi, which seems very close to the manga characters to me. I think you've captured Kakashi's complicated character very well. He's really a sweet, kind person who's led an unbelievably hard life, and I could well believe that after years of being back in ANBU again he could become like he is here.
Thanks for the story! :-)
Amrun chapter 39 . 3/27/2013
I enjoyed reading through this story, even if I came to it a little late. It was a different depiction if ANBU and Kakashi than I have seen before. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/19/2013
This reminded me of Gaara when Kakashi was talking about his mother...I felt so bad... TT
LoveAddict-ooops chapter 21 . 3/13/2013
I rather enjoyed this Chappie, it was cute.