Reviews for Tumnus' Faith
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Very good story. Tumnus was very brave. I liked the bible story you mentioned. They were very brave and their faith towards God was very strong. We should pray to God for strong faith because we may really need one day.
but-the-clouds chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
That was the most sad fanfic I ever read...but I loved it!
LadyLefaye chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Wow...this really was appropriately labeled "horror." Poor Tumnus! But I love that you had him keep his faith despite being tortured.
Melya chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
ESH! That's awful! I mean, not your story, but what happened to Tumnus. I'm so glad there's a happy ending! But I really liked the idea of him keeping faith in Aslan. Good work!
Mohr chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
Let me start of by noting that I was threatened to review this by the author herself. Luckily, I never promised whether or not the review would be bad. Mwahahaha. Just kidding.

Personally, I'm not much for literature with heavy religious overtones. This was the exception, she managed to put a lot of personality in the characters over the course of such a short story. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were welling up a bit nearing the end.

My only possible critique here if any is that while I was reading it, the part with the phone reference kind of blind-sided my thoughts. Seemed a bit out of place. Otherwise, wonderful stuff.
Sanaryelle chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Oh my gosh! This is just so beautiful!

I'd been quite depressed as to the lack of Tumnus fiction, and decided to dedicate a C2 to him... thank goodness I did, because I came across this fic! It's a little AU, but you could definitely argue that this scene actually happened. I love the way you write - You make the stories character-centered, and don't depend on gruesome detail: just give the readers the facts and let their imaginations do the job. Excellent!

I'm going on to read your other Tumnus fic... btw, it's OK if I add these to the C2 community, right? They would be such wonderful additions.

-Sanaryelle
DarkLightningEnvy chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
-shudders- Lordie Lordie Lordie..graphic..that was kind of freaky. But I loved it. Good characterization. And very good job on Jadis. You made this realistic, very believeable. Awesome job.

-DarkLightningEnvy-

~Jess~
JacksTortugaLass chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
I love Tumnus and so I love your story. But even more so because you drew inspiration from the Bible.

*saves to favorties*
Edhelith chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
A good story, with some wonderful dialog that is very Narnian in style.

"Aslan has always been the truth and you are nothing but lies!” is definatly my favorite line.

As the other reviewers said, this is a powerful example of faith in the face of torture. One small thing kept niggling at me though; I think the amount and severity of Tumnus' injuries would have put him into shock (not to mention that the White Witch probably would've dragged the torture out a few days at least). This, however, is a nitpick and in no way detracts from the story.

Also, is it just me, or is the image of Ginarrbrik and Maugrim playing with Tumnus' severed ears creepy?
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
This was powerful story. I still have tears in my eyes. Very good storytelling.
Shannon chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
great story. I love it
jasonc65 chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Wow, Tumnus the Faun seems to really be in, lately. Impressive display of faith under fire. Excellent addition to the story.