Reviews for A Father's Pride and Joy
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
great story.
sentarla chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
wow, very powerful. There is so much fic out there with John as the mean one, or john and the smothering one (then boys were young), but this is the first one I have read from John's point of view and he sounds human. well done!

Rosadina chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
"sighs" John sounds like such an asshole but I found myself liking him anyway. Another one for my c2.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Very good.
PointOfView chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Excellent fic! I *loved* the glimpse into John's character! Great job! The Winchester's really are a screwed up family and you captured them perfectly. ;-)
Steffykaye chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Very good! I hadn't even thought about the possibility of John reading about Dean's death, nice touch. Very well written. Thanks for posting!
BlueberryOcean chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
This was very sad, but in a very poetic way. I enjoyed reading this story.
shimmerinstars chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
What a beautiful and moving story,I loved it!
Weesta chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Nice job! I really liked the way you incorporated so much of what we have learned about the relationship with John/Dean, John/Sam and Sam/Dean. Really like how you made the connections between what he's ultimately hunting and the fact that it's "attached" itself to Sam. I can absolutely see this whole scene playing out in my head. Great work!
AbsolutAnda chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
that's really sad! will there be another chapter or was it a one shot? i hope not. i always wondered if other people thought he might be looking after them, watching them. i had that idea a few nights ago. this is awesome. please write more!
knights13 chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Excellent fic. Makes you wonder if perhaps John was thinking about his boys instead of just abandoning them. I liked how he was discretely watching them. Nicely done. D
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
SassyLassy recced this fic and I'm glad she did! Very excellent conclusion-drawing in this story. You fit the pieces together very nicely!

Thanks for sharing,

Nate and Jake chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
I really liked it. i hope john finds his boys and actually talks to them. i hope you update soon.
Circe Nightshade chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Oh, wow. That was beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes !
Padfoots-Pirate chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
This was so sweet and emotional! I love it! I don't think I've actually read anything yet about why John left, and this covers it pretty damn well. Hope to read more little ficlets like this one in the future!