Reviews for We Don't Got Religion
sevenwise chapter 1 . 4/29/2016
That final line... You tore my heart out and stomped on it. And thinking of Mush dead in an alley with his best friend Blink... sad... Very good story.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
That was a really great amazing story! I was so sad when much died and everyone started to leave but that was still an amazing story! Loved the ending!
Abetterina chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Wow! I just found this one! What a pleasant oneshot! Well, I guess I shouldn't be calling it pleasant-as the ending was definitely not-but it was pleasant to read a story with such a moving, bitterseet ending. It's stories like these that truly make me adore Mush. Your story was short, and to the point, and I liked it. It wasn't perfect, but it was well-written. Great job!
ApplePie777 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
oh. I really liked that.

Ironic, isn't it, how Mush, the cheerful one prepared Blink for death, and Race for life?

The dark reality of the Newsies "breaking up" has been done by many authors, but I like your version. No excess angst, just how it always happens in life. One door closes, another opens.

~Missa~
newsie dork from D.U.M.B.O chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
this was so bittersweet!

loved it.

it left me speachless. (not kidding, this is like my forth time trying to get this review right...)

you matched up all of the characters PERFECTLY!

and i respect you for that. (not many can write this well)
Aurora West chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
What a fantastic, heart-breaking, fascinating fic. I love the way you've characterised the newsies here. Mush having religion and singing the same hymn every morning is great, and then the build-up to his death is wrenching. Great, great fic. Thanks for sharing!
softballgurl9203 chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
aw
Kaily chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
I love you. It's true. This was one of the best one-shots I have read in a long time. That was absolutely AMAZING. I was inspired and I'm not even remotely close to being religious. :-) You rock!

~Kaily~
pennylayne chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
Way to make me cry, pal.

Seriously, awesome story, though. Mush is such a sweetheart. Can't imagine him getting killed like that, but I guess life is rock.

Now you've got me all sad.

Your writing is awesome.

Jealous.

-Layne
truemizzie chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
Once again, beautiful job. You are one of my favourite authors!
but-the-clouds chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
this is a beautiful story! I love it. it was heart warming...Great job!
AmazinglyMe chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
This is beautiful - a real look at the newsies and Mush especially of course. It's a great oneshot.

"...and it’s like those big ferryboats, when they cut two lines to start her off slowly, and once two lines are cut, the rest just ease of slowly, and then the ferryboat drifts off into the river..."

That was a great comparison.

And the entire thing really was written like Blink was talking, not like a boring narration.

This is a beautiful piece!

- AmazinglyMe
Arlene chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
This was very nice. It really felt as though the reader was being told the story from Blink's POV. The wording, the pacing, the detached emotion of looking back on a painful event.

I don't generally get moved by fics, but this one truly did move me. You have done a wonderful job.
Spotty My Hottie chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
That was so sweet. Sad but sweet.
Les chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
I love this so much. It's heartbreaking, but somehow uplifting at the same time. I just love it. You are a genius, you know that?