Reviews for My Master, the Castaway
Susan M. M chapter 5 . 6/3/2014
Jeannie's sister was very much in character.
Susan M. M chapter 3 . 6/3/2014
I like DonaldTrump as Mr. Howell's assistant.
JEREMY chapter 5 . 3/9/2014
This could have actually worked as a Special Episode of GILLIGAN or I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

Hollywood's loss is the Internet's gain.

Teobi chapter 5 . 7/7/2011
Now I know why they call him Leprechaun, the Officer of the Day thought as he saw Gilligan get in a Town Car Limousine to his date with a movie star.

Jumping around like he was wearing a jet pack was funny too.

I really enjoyed this story. It was very touching. Lucky Gilligan reserved his last wish and was able to restore things back to 'normal', although it's a shame he wasn't able to remember anything of what it was like to be a real, live astronaut. :)
callensensei chapter 5 . 1/3/2010
"It feels so peaceful. Do I have to go back?" I can feel my throat tightening now! The castaways didn't find paradise; they made it. Wonderful stuff!

Love the witty reference to how bad Jeannie finds good Jeannie.

You're certainly a master of the crossover! Now that I've found these, I must go back and read the rest of them. Thanks so much for such a delightful read.
callensensei chapter 4 . 1/3/2010
Great chapter! From the Professor's snide, snooty students (get out of there, Professor!) to Ginger feeling deja vu when Gilligan doesn't kiss her, to Mary Ann's rather sad way of getting out of Kansas, we see how unfullfilled everyone's life is without the shipwreck that brought them together.

The narrative glides along effortlessly, with economic descriptions, flawless logic and snappy dialogue. "Damn astronauts" indeed! Hee! And Gilligan, feeling a fraud in the medals he hasn't earned, is as entirely in character as the rest of them.

Admiral Grumby is missing! No!
callensensei chapter 3 . 1/3/2010
I'm so impressed at the way you seamlessly weave the characters' real backgrounds into this alternate tapestry. Howell as the true wolf of Wall Street: yes, he was, until life on the island turned him into a compassionate philanthropist. And of course, Ginger would be in New York. Can't wait to see what you make of her.

Of course Gilligan would imagine King Kong going up the Empire State Building, adventure movie fan that he is!
callensensei chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
Uh - careful what you wish for, Gilligan! What a great "It's a Wonderful Life" sort of twist. The new backstories of the Skipper and Gilligan are fascinating: I can just see Gilligan loving being an astronaut, and to think of what he would be as an actual battle different from the innocent chap we know! But now his familiar relationship with the Skipper is gone. Better get wishing, Gilligan!

And I do hope Roger Healey is okay in Vietnam!

One more point: I love Gilligan's new nickname. I always suspected there was more than a little Irish magic in him.
callensensei chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Hee! Great fun! Jeannie's sneaky sister having shy Gilligan for a master. She's as droll as ever.

I like the way you had Ginger be the one to help Gilligan be the one to decide how to outwit this Jeannie. If anyone could beat her at her own game, Ginger could.

The line about Mrs. McGillicuddy's math class was great! Very practical, and very Gilligan.

And whoa! What a surprise at the end! Got to see where this goes.
Foxcat93 chapter 5 . 4/11/2009
Very good story! Creative crossover, with Jeannie's sister being Gilligan's genie. Everyone seemed very much in character! I enjoyed it a lot!
Teri chapter 5 . 2/9/2006
Poor Gilligan :) So that is how Jeannie found Jeannie - interesting. :)
Mary Rose chapter 5 . 12/25/2005