Reviews for So Long
hajimebassaidai chapter 2 . 4/12/2010
I really liked this, an examination of those three, flippant words when he was leaving his friend to go on a suicide mission.
atlantian chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
i forgot to review for this chapter! so sorry, shame on me...anyways, i like the friendship, you did a good job, POV's are hard! great job with the story!
atlantian chapter 2 . 4/10/2006
twas good, ya did the perspectives very good!
Alipeeps chapter 2 . 3/28/2006
Wonderful. I honestly find both chapters to be really strong and couldn't pick between them if I had to. You have really nailed the characterisation of both of them and your take on their thought process is fantastic. An excellent fic.
Shakia chapter 2 . 1/10/2006
Ish so sad! ;-;
fififolle chapter 2 . 11/15/2005
Well, it's like asking, who do you like best, Rodney or John? LOL! I mean, John is succinct, witty, candid, real. Rodney is more critical, egotistical, wordy, and ultimately, human. Of course they each have their genius, each their emotive points, but like their inspiration, their individual magnetism will be personal. I sound a right idiot, don't I? LOL. I guess what I'm saying is, jolly good work all round, well done. And for me, it's Rodney every time ;)
Drakcir chapter 2 . 11/15/2005
Brilliant!

Yea, I'd say that John's was stronger, but, I still loved it!

The fic wouldn't have been complete without Rodney's POV, seeing as John said it to him.

Does this mean that you're going to do the same thing for when John is saved? I'm still peeved that we never got to really see Rodney's reaction, or what he said/did to John when he saw him alive.

Please? I think you'd be REALLY good at it. :D
Xtin2000 chapter 2 . 11/15/2005
that was pretty cool, John really could have said about anything else then 'so long' but he didn't have any time I guess...

poor Rodney beating himself up because he didn't say good bye to a friendship he never wanted lol, love the irony, keep it up.
Sheppy chapter 2 . 11/15/2005
I love how you get their feelings across and I'm usually not even into 'different POV' stories.

Yours however picks up a scene I always wondered about. What they think in that exact moment. And I can see them thinking just that.

To answer your question: I like Shep's POV slightly better, probably because he is the one about to die and his feelings are bound to be stronger..

Anyway, keep up the good work, I hope to hear from you soon!
Lady Sidera chapter 2 . 11/14/2005
On the whole, very good! :)

I did like the first one better, and I do agree that it was the stronger of the two. Very much to the point, no words wasted. Beliveably angsty in a very Sheppard-esque sort of way.

Rodney's pov fittingly had a lot more words to it. Definitely had its good bits, and it really came into its own in the last few paragraphs or so. I think maybe it fell a bit short in the angst category, especially since Rodney always blows everything so far out of proportion, and this was so huge already... But I'm not sure.

Okay, that was my sorry attempt at constructive criticism. ;)

Really liked it, and a very "real" look into their minds overall! :)
taintor chapter 2 . 11/14/2005
Both were good and reflected each individual. Sheppard's was strong, to the point and short while McKay's rambled a bit more and was more descriptive. I liked both
Admiral Lily chapter 2 . 11/14/2005
By asking me to choose one over the other, you askt he impossible. :D I loved them both.

AL
nightfynix chapter 2 . 11/14/2005
meep.

muk... dont u think ur delving a little bit..? lol... thats ur job

NICE!
fanficaddict chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
heart-wrenching! Very well-written, poor John and Rodney :( Awesome job, I'd love to read your Rodney POV :D
everg8er23 chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
I thought it was good. Not that angsty, but too much angst annoys me, so your piece is just right. I'd love to read your Mackay POV. So long...