Reviews for Endeavour: Vigrid
prince-bishop chapter 20 . 9/3/2013
Excellent Story enjoyed every chapter.
Putaro chapter 20 . 4/23/2011
Great military SF take on Trek.
Aireon Maris chapter 20 . 7/27/2010
This. Is. Awesome. There is simply no other way to say it. These stories are absolutely incredible and are perfectly true to the spirit of the series and characters (incompetent writing and character assassination notwithstanding.) I will attempt to read them slowly, but I doubt I'll have much success
Rishtalak chapter 13 . 2/25/2010
Oh shit...
Guard of the Heradi chapter 20 . 9/1/2009
As brilliant as its predecessor. I miss Reed though, his successor doesn't have the same humanity that Malcolm had.

Best regards,

Guard of the Heradi
obsessed romantic chapter 20 . 11/7/2007
I love this! Die, Tolaris, Die! You are a fantastic writer. Don't listen to those who say you're bloody-minded. You're writing about a WAR, of course it's going to be bloody! Not only is it fantastically well-written, with spot-on characterizations & great moments of humor (black and otherwise) but you manage to pull massive surprises later in the series (Rajiin? masterful). THe mirror universe story you're doing is fantabulous, twisted and seductive as all mirror stories are. I saw the intro for the tv series'. I'm tempted to submit a petition to Paramount to have you and one of the mushy writers (Hopeful Romantic, 2Distracted, perhaps?) to do ENdeavor as a series. I'd watch with a faithfulness that would be frankly frightening. : Please come back to us soon, with all the romantic stuff out there, we will get diabetes from all the mush w/o your terrific stuff. :)Now here is your towel to dry off from my kissing your feet.
Lilith Kayden chapter 20 . 4/28/2007
A very well written story. I look forward to the sequel.

-Lilith Kayden
Tangerine-Alert chapter 5 . 12/25/2006
Brilliant.

T'Pol's so much more funny than Spock was/is/will be..umm whatever.
Tangerine-Alert chapter 4 . 12/25/2006
*claps*

Ah fun...I love that Trip and T'pol are together...just love it.
Tangerine-Alert chapter 2 . 12/25/2006
Intriguing. Interesting. Fascinating.

Enjoying the characters you're creating and building on.
Admiral chapter 20 . 3/1/2006
That was PERFECT! Even the segues between chapters were excellent! Outstanding work!
Rigil Kent chapter 20 . 1/30/2006
Thanks for the all of the comments.

Addressing Kevin's points:

[ ] The CO/XO relationship. For the most part, I wholeheartedly agree with you and had a helluva of time continuing forward with this story knowing that TnT would be a actual couple in the course of it. However, I did try to point out that both of them are probably more concerned about their relationship being a problem than even Starfleet Command. And, like Trip told Archer, if they hadn't promoted Stiles, it wouldn't have been a problem. I am trying to get the next part done and, although their relationship remains strong, it will take a back seat to the battle of Thor's Cradle. The relationship WILL come up again as neither of them are really comfortable with thumbing their noses at regs.

[ ] The Trip/T'Pol/Archer dinner scene was something that just sprang into my mind. T'Pol blames it on the wine that her mate insisted she drink and was terribly embarassed after the fact. Honest.

[ ] Trip going after Tolaris makes no logical sense. In an actual situation like this, the CO would order his Marines after the piece of excrement; he would NOT go after the impossibly strong, highly dangerous rapist by himself and then talk crap to said rapist. I'm trying to turn Tucker into what I see as a GOOD commanding officer (sleeping with his XO aside...)

[ ] Yeah, several of the Roughnecks were given names from authors that I like and a couple of online friends as well, however, in my defense I did actually serve with a guy named Mitchell, a guy named Gray, and a guy named Riley. Not so much Dobell though...

[ ] The Li/Mackenzie relationship was one I had in mind long before I actually saw BSG. They stole MY idea. Honest.
Kevin Thomas Riley chapter 20 . 1/4/2006
So this is the show that replaced "Star Trek: Enterprise"? ;-) Now re-christened "Star Trek: Endeavour". It's fitting that you gave Tucker a command of his own after what happened. And that Archer was made a commodore. I was (and remain) a bit weary about the CO-XO relationship. It's something I generally don't approve of, for removal of command reasons. Sure you had Trip changing the rules on HIS ship but the issue remains.

I really enjoyed the Trip/T'Pol scenes though and how they handled their relationship. T'Pol asking Phlox if she was cleared of ALL activity was a hoot! LOL

I did find it a bit out of character for them to reveal the intimate details about how Reedf once stumbled on them doing "it" to Archer. No matter how good a friend Archer is that was a very private moment that I'd think T'Pol wouldn't want to retell to anyone.

I liked how the Boomers came into the story. It makes sense for Starfleet to want to take advantage of them with the war coming and everything. Having Travis's brother there being thoroughly p*ssed off at Archer was a nice touch. As was having Soval as a mediator.

But OMG you hurt T'Pol AGAIN! And at the hands of that creep Tolaris no less! She can't catch a break, now can she? :p Oh boy did I just HATE that Tolaris even more after this story. I loathed him after "Fusion" and wanted him spaced then and there and so did I after this story. Excellent writing! I really enjoyed that you had him suffer an even worse fate, courtesy of Soval!

Somehow I expected Trip to go after the bastard for hurting his mate, but of course it was more sensible to send in the Roughnecks!

You also bring a much needed dose of military realism into the realm of Trek, Rigil, and I appreciate that.

All the new characters were nice additions too. The "lower decks" feel was interesting and not something you saw often on Trek. That was one thing they did right in the first seasons of ENT - showing us enlisted crewmembers like Cutler, Rostov and Novakovich.

And I couldn't help noticing that you named one of the Roughnecks Riley! Now where on Earth did you dig up that name, huh? ;-) Same with Gray, Quinn, Dobell etc. LOL

I think about half of "Vigrid" actually showed all these new characters. And you even helped out visualising them by giving us actors suggestions! LOL But wasn't Li (Grace Park) and Mackenzie too much of a Battlestar Galactica rip-off? ;-) But they were freakin' hot, I'll grant you that!

But as a whole another very good story. I can't wait to get the next part!
bluedana chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
I've been teasing myself with this story for a while now, like not allowing yourself to open that one last Christmas present. I just wanted to tell you - I was so not disappointed! I wish I could un-read it and read it all again for the first time. Action packed without being too convoluted; romantic without being sappy. It has it all. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment. It's like crack, yo.
coldqueen chapter 20 . 12/28/2005
Dude...I missed you! I had no internet for SO LONG! Anyways...question...if T'Pol got Pa'Nar Syndrome from Tolaris, wouldn't Soval mind melding with him give it to himself as well?