Reviews for My HiME: Fresco
PostoronnimV chapter 9 . 2/13/2012
Such amazing story:)

I absolutely love it!
Alphawolf69 chapter 9 . 4/1/2011
I am so very happy and sad this story has ended.

The fact it has a complex plot, original characters that don't make me want to punch their lights out, and a completely believably and organic world, makes it rank up there with the best stories I've read.

The gradual development of Natsuki and Tanuki's partnership was also totally believable and thoroughly entertaining to read. I liked that Shizuru popped up being her badass protective self, too.

I'm really looking forward to whenever you begin your next epic instalment of this saga.
ZonaRose chapter 9 . 12/15/2010
This was a GREAT fic/story! I look foreword to your next book of chapters. Keep up the good works.
ZonaRose chapter 4 . 12/15/2010
I loved the fight in this one. It was great! Now on to the next chapters.
mizfoo chapter 9 . 10/26/2010
i can't believe it ended just like that. hanging on thin thread here. hmm.. pls tell me there's a sequel somehow coz i can't get enough. ~

but anyway, thank you for writing such a refreshing story. i read this because of the interesting reviews and i was not disappointed. can't imagine how the festival would be with considering the twist that mashiro did to unconfine the event. absolutely global. ~prowness~ i like how your characters are and a 13 years old Natsuki here is absolutely cheeky. *thumbs up!

so WHEN you do follow-up this with a sequel, ill be sure to read it as all the others will be. ~cheers~
Jumper Prime chapter 9 . 10/6/2010
The URL in the author's notes doesn't work, I think because there's no server name(the thing with the .com or .net or whatever after it)

Otherwise, pretty good story and I really hope to see part 2, as well as some stuff about Princess Week. I assume some HiME went berserk and/or had an attack of megalomania. And I can't help but wonder which True HiME got taken out to raise one of the pillars(It's the weird pillar Yuuki noticed in the Glearcorp lobby, isn't it?)
Tikigod784 chapter 9 . 7/13/2010
Fantastic. A fitting end, and an interesting set-up. Wonder if Mai herself will show up in time? She is the "preferred wife" in canon.

I greatly anticipate your next story. Good luck!
Nagumo chapter 9 . 7/7/2010
It always astounds me that good stories such as this is ignored by the vast majority of readers in favor the insipid. You have a wonderful imagination that has furnished a truly unique and exciting world.

I admit that I am glad of your, shall we say, decidedly disturbing and entertaining Shizuru. We all know she's not quite right in the head but at least you don't ignore it completely by making her seem like a romantic Mary Sue. Of course, that means Tanuki better be careful for his long term survival if he's going to remain partnered to Natsuki.

I wonder when we'll be seeing all the other HiME's and if we'll see other super powered girls.

I vote for Haruka, Youko and Chie having HiME powers!
Crosswood chapter 9 . 7/7/2010
Now THIS is a story that needs more love. It is truly suburb.

Firstly the characters you created out of whole cloth are believable, distinct, aren’t useless, and serve valuable functions to the plot. I haven’t seen that in a fanfiction since… well… ever.

Secondly the story itself is both very bold in its scope (mixing what amounts to reality with HiME’s? Them as general knowledge? Them actually having effects on history?) and very original. I personally found myself completely unable to tear myself away, which is why if this review is slightly incoherent, my apologies. ((I just finished now - about 1:30am - and I am probably babbling.)) And it had plot! It wasn’t just stumbling from situation to situation – you’d clearly planned it out in advance. ((Insert fangirl squee here.))

You’ve also done an amazing job keeping the characters in-character, -giving them the same traits we all know and love despite having to work out credible new backstories to justify them. It was often extremely funny too (especially the disclaimers), although the humour was used with a deft touch. The drama built up slowly, in good old fashioned taunt story-telling, although when you branched out into the flashback-type scenes, they added a lot (certainly they teased and hinted around the edges of what Natsuki's deal might be). Your Shizuru was probably actually more true to the source material - an extremely creepy young lady - rather than most of the other characterisations of her around FF, which tend to portray her as all goodness and light. Your Shizuru was utter gold, by the way – she stole every scene she waltzed into.

Spelling and grammar, fine. Formatting, fine. You’ve got no troubles, but I reckon you know that already.

I could go on for another couple of pages, but I figure you've got the picutre, and any more would get repetitive. Cheers for this story!
ShadowCub chapter 9 . 7/4/2010
That's interesting but what happens if more orphans ect, pop

up and you've treated the people (HIMES) like trash and they

decide not to help?

Do the people know the traditional meaning of Himes?

The Carnival? Or is it a secret?

Big bloody world wide circus with everyone watching (I hope)

seeing what they really have to suffer through.

Can't wait for part 2.
ShadowCub chapter 8 . 2/26/2010
Shizuru the ultimate badass.

Don't know how I missed this fic!
Tikigod784 chapter 8 . 2/26/2010
The end has been a long time coming, but I feel like I don't want it to end (lol).

Nice chapter. We finally get to see Shizuru bust some heads :D
something chapter 8 . 2/14/2010
Fantastic. I'm always beyond pleased to see that you have updated. Your Natsuki rings so true, both to the world you've created and the one she was originally a part.
atipsyponyyahoo.com chapter 8 . 2/14/2010
I'm so very happy this updated. I have no clue why more people haven't commented. It's so very fun. Most AU's are very generic, oh let's hook up Natsuki and Shizuru in SPACE or without powers yada yada. Something that isn't utterly relationship (read: romance) based is of the awesome. I rather like this version of Natsuki, Tanaka is appropriately real, and Shizuru is just right. Thanks for this story.
GeshronTyler chapter 7 . 10/17/2009
This has to be one of the most creative Mai-Hime fics I've come across. It has the advantage of having Hime's be widespread and "in the light of day", scenarios that I find interesting. Natsuki and "Tanuki" make a great team, their vibes are quite entertaining. Hm, we've met Tokiha mommy and Takumi, I really hope that you haven't written Mai out of the story (Mai/Kagutschi is my favorite, Natuski/Duran right after. So, Fumi is around, but we haven't seen Mashiro, though I have a feeling that she's the one that alerted Tokiha-sensei. Interesting that a Hime has been accepted as a teacher, especially one that powerful. Of course that bastard Nagi is pulling the strings again... grr.

Glear, and not Sears? Huh, though I doubt there's any real difference to them. I have a feeling that Glear Inc has as much interest in anti-Hime weaponry, as anti-Orphan,if not more. Especially as seen in the corporate line on Himes. "Put the flame on my daughter," indeed. I certainly noticed the Column in the lobby of the Glear building, so whatever has happened with the "Festival", and it appears that among the many HiME present in the world, there are still those that are key, one of them has died...

As I read this, I've noticed that this story was started close to 4 years ago, and updated a year ago. I hold out some hope that you'll find the inspiration and time to continue the story. If not, at least I've got some interesting ideas to play with in my mind.

So whatever changed things