Reviews for The Space Between
NPennyworth chapter 4 . 11/10/2020
I adore this fic. The prose is tangibly gorgeous, I can feel every setting vividly and love the word that you've created. It's such a unique premise, I so rarely see Christine as a single mom and I adore it with all my heart and this is no exception, and vet Erik is perfect. They're both so steeped in this world and in their own inner turmoil, and I am incredibly invested in them and want their lives to be better. I love the invisible connection you've already drawn between them, their interactions as neighbors and their knowledge of one another as familiar strangers, and while admittedly their first actual meeting may not have been ideal I know they'll grow past it with a little communication and understanding.
It has been years since you've updated it, and I know that you might not ever update it again. This does not stop me from falling in love with this story. While I would love to read an update I am also happy to reread these four chapters countless times and treasure every word. Thank you for writing this, I really enjoyed reading it.
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 4 . 7/29/2018
...and so it begins! I was hoping that Kristen would see Erik there, and ask him to play at the book shop. I think he will be a crowd pleaser, after all he's supposed to be an amazing musician, among other things. Looking forward to the continuation of the story.
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 3 . 7/29/2018
I'm really liking this story so far! I enjoy how you have all the original people, but under different names and different lifestyles.
Child of Dreams chapter 3 . 12/13/2016
(frowns in confusion)
"Poked"?
Vardie chapter 4 . 10/29/2015
The story has a nice beginning, it'd be lovely if you finished it someday... :)
Mini Nicka chapter 3 . 6/22/2013
Very good, are you planning to continue this?
Anna chapter 4 . 6/19/2013
I've been following your other phantom story and I couldn't get enough of your writing so I read this. It's wonderful but I'm mad at you for leaving it were you did. I don't know if you'll ever get back to this one but I sincerely hope you do.
inujisan chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
I'm sad that you've not chosen 2 continue, but life can be demanding so I understand

it's interesting seeing Erik in a different light. His deformity caused in war and here he has regrets for one fatal mistake. I had to laugh at the part when Erik was enjoying warm shower, and then comes ice water and he's like "f*** me" had to laugh
Quinn14 chapter 4 . 3/1/2010
Sniffity, you never finished. this is an amazing story and if you ever decide to pick it back up, know that you will at least have one devoted reader. probably more but, you know~Quinn
Worddance17 chapter 4 . 12/21/2008
I first read this story a while ago, probably not too long after the last update, loved it, put it on my alert list...and had nearly forgotten it until I just came across it again when I was looking through my alerts. It's wonderful, and so much better written than many of the stories here...I would love to read more of it. Is there ever going to be a continuation? I realize that it's been ages - more than two years - since you last worked on it, but is there any chance that you might come back to this and continue it?
wendela chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
another good story unfinished. I know I already reviewed 'Eternity of this' recently and I don't want to annoy you or play the stalker, but I re-read this phic as well and I just kept wondering: dear author, whatever happend to you? Why didn't you finish both of these fine stories?

Especially this one, The Space Between, is moving, original and makes very curious to what comes next.

Please?
MelodysSong chapter 4 . 1/7/2007
Wow, I really love this story!

It's so... different - in a good way, of course. ;) It's such a unique, interesting idea - I've never read anything like it in this fandom. I really, really love your take on Erik; his character really moves me, and I love the way he's not exactly squeaky-clean, but still good. The eternal Erik balance between good and evil. ;) I can say exactly why, but I love the idea of him as a struggling street musician, not meeting people's eyes because of the mask...

And Kristen - Christine, I presume - is a lovely character as well, and I have to say that you write children so well - more realistic than I think I've ever seen.

In short, I love the whole thing. I totally understand the busyness and the lack of inspiration, but I really, truly hope that you'll continue this sometime - it's far too good to be abandoned! :) I'm on pins and needles, lassie. ;)

Oh - my one critique, I must say, is - being a musician myself - your description of Erik's violin. Stradivarius made violins (and other stringed instruments) in the late 1600s and early 1700s - much more than just fifty years ago. They're also not something that *anyone*, even the richest person in the world, would just throw away; a Strad violin could go easily for a million dollars, or more. Only the best musicians in the world - or the most pretentious, greedy of wannabes - own a Strad; there are even some in museums that aren't allowed to be played, period. So - that's my nitpick, because I'm like that. :P

Phabulous story!
phantom-jedi1 chapter 4 . 12/5/2006
Do continue with this story: it holds a great deal of promise. I'd hate to see a plotline as good as this go to waste.

phantom_jedi
RitaSV chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
I'm still checking for updates on this scrumptious story, Mandy. My guess is that real life is making its demands on you, but just wanted you to know that your story is not forgotten...you work your magic on us and it sticks! I ask 'pretty please' for the next chapter! :o)
Kimberly chapter 4 . 10/9/2006
Hmm, very nice; and well written. kuddos!

Oh, about "An Eternity of This"- the link for the full edition on your page doesn't work. (Will it be updated soon?) It would be lovely to hear back in an e-mail, thanks again. Keep up the great work.