Reviews for From the Mind of the Half Blood Prince
Invisible Light chapter 3 . 8/1
Hi there!

Okay, so I know that it's been almost ten years since this was written. Even so, I stumbled upon it just minutes ago, and I think it's fantastic. I can tell there was a lot of thought put into these, even if it took you just over an hour to write them. :)

Great job, and thanks for sharing this with us!
emptyword chapter 3 . 4/23/2007
Favorites again. You are much too good of a writer. I can't wait for the promised Snape fanfiction. Any chance before HP7 in July?
emptyword chapter 2 . 4/23/2007
Haha. I am really buying into your Snape internal monologue. A bit more snarky this time around; he's starting to develop that brand of defense.

"Granted, they keep

Your feet

From hurting,

But what’s not to say they make

Your soles too soft?" - Oh, just lovely. Snape's paranoia comes through clearly, his carefully practical approach to everything.

Again, I don't quite like the poem structure (though it works better in this second installment, lending a more lilting, nursery rhyme-like tone that makes it ever more darkly sarcastic), but I tend to be conservative - it works well as prose; why try to fit it into something else?
emptyword chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
Wow. This is a very convincing voice for Snape in his youth. The poetry format is unusual and seems a little maudlin for Snape, but the words might as well be entirely his, as he sits, frustrated, over a piece of empty parchment, wand in hand.
Cauldron Cake chapter 3 . 12/11/2005
i really, really enjoyed your prose/poetry, and how you've been able to tinge glimpses into the stonily analytical mind of Severus Snape with a certain aesthetic feel.

please do write on!
Math Girl chapter 3 . 11/19/2005
"It's time to break another bottle..." very chilling imagery. Very effective. I applaud, and wait impatiently for the next installment!
Math Girl chapter 2 . 11/19/2005
Funny. And weird to think that, had things gone a bit differently, Snape would have been someone you could actually like... if he'd let you. Good job, and I deeply respect your ability to use poetry.
Math Girl chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Interesting. You've definitely captured the coldly logical, yet artistic nature of the young Severus. Also interesting to read some of your other/verse (no pun intended) stuff. I look forward to reading more. )
duj chapter 3 . 11/13/2005
Telling and powerful imagery. It's easy for him tokill when he just thinks of the victims as bottles of cheap plonk.
Ariel D chapter 3 . 11/13/2005
Lovely turn at the end of "Avada": "This is one exam that I’m actually prepped for, with material I’ve had taught to me my entire life – Hatred. It’s time to break another bottle." I also love the turn at the end of "Sectum," and this is so funny:

"Shoes are sadistic;

I don’t really appreciate

Their sense of humour much."
duj chapter 2 . 11/13/2005
I meant the content. Nicely-expressed, distinctive voice, deep thoughts in deceptivly simple language and imagery.
duj chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
I'd have kept this a ficlet rather than free verse. Good insight.