Reviews for Scarred
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
I know exactly what you mean, Jazz.

A person (or mech, in your case) can seem so happy, all smiles and cheer, not a care in the world.

But, then, you get a good look at them, a real LOOK, and you can see it in their eyes.

Their pain, their sorrow, all the hurt and injustice they've witnessed in their life.

The invisible scars are the ones that hurt the most, and the ones you never forget for as long as you live.
Eerie Iri chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
This was really, really sad. I was just about crying!
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
This is wonderful! I love how Jazz describes the pain in each of the Autobots' eyes and what they do to try and forget it.

/Not to say that my cheerfulness is an act. Far from it; I love life and I love music and laughter and jokes and everything else that makes you alive. During my training I even learned some respect and affection for the darker sides of life. But it’s the joy I love the most. I love to make others laugh, to make those scars go away for just an hour, a minute, a second.

Maybe that’s why we have so many pranksters on base. You learn to love the feeling of not hurting, and it becomes addicting. You want to laugh so badly that you actively seek it if it doesn’t come to you first. We’d have lost it a long time ago if we couldn’t laugh./

I have to admire Jazz and the other Autobots for seeing past the dark and painful times and having that brief freedom to laugh and to make those scars go away, even if it is only for a short time.
Bluebird Soaring chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Such depth and tension are powerful when you write! They say the truth comes from the mouth of babes...I never had even given this any second thought, but your piece is compelling, sad, and yet makes them all so...human.
myrmidryad chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
sad and moving :(
Byrnstar chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
Wow. This is a frightening kind of fic; one that really makes you think about what it would be like to fight a war for millions of years and what it does to your soul, the souls of your friends and even your enemies...

Spike is lucky that he will never live so long, though I think Sparkplug is enough evidence that no matter your span war equals hell. I can just imagine a follow up scene to this, with Jazz taking off his visor and showing Spike the truth beneath...would probably shock the poor kid for life...and maybe he'd learn to think before speaking.
FloofWolfe chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Amazing. Jazz is my favourite character and this is just so sweet. It's dark, introspective, and so plausible. I love it and I think I love all your work.
Tyrrlin chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Lovely!

You really know how to get into a character and show us how they see the world. I do like your reasoning behind Jazz's visor, as well as the attitudes of the other characters...from Jazz's viewpoint.

Very nice, and very deep.
Domon Kasshu chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
You've REALLY got a skill with the first person narrative. The descriptions you pick, the wording, everything makes this story just amazing. Any time when someone can get underneath a character's exterior, deepen their character, and make it believable, that's a challenge and an absolute pleasure to read when it's done right. Excellent work!
TruebornChaos chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Deep. 'Course Spike wouldn't understand. He doesn't think in millenia. Most of them have been in the war for a good 5 million years or so.

And if your gonna blame the short red one do keep in mind that he also comes with big guns, a hair trigger and a gung-ho attitude. You may want to bring a cranky white CMO for added protection.
PuraJazzBot chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
oh i love this one...very very nice reasoning for Jazz and his visor and a nice take on the old phrase of the "eyes (optics in this case) being the windows to the soul". good work Tirya!
MariaShadow chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
...man, that was fantastic! A real look into the battered souls of these warriors through the optics of one who's been right in the thick of it. Great to hear that you're making headway in getting out of your rut, hope to see more brilliant ficcage from you soon!
HunterBlues chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Wow. That's deep. Guess Spike is too young (ignorant? stupid?) to realize that not all scars are physical, and the mental and emotional scars are the worst ones. I think you've given a new reason for the visor, or one I've never read before, and I like it in a spooky, uneasy sort of way. Also a nice explaination for all the pranks around the Ark. :)
Tiamat1972 chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Haven't seen a fic before that described Jazz so perfectly. That was spot on. And it's true. How could millions of years of war NOT touch someone? Good luck climbing out of that rut. Can't wait for the updates. And you and DesertCat are going to have to start including those goldfish into your fics. *wink*
DesertCat87 chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Yey Jazz fic! I can never get enough of Jazz ficy :D Love the bit about his visor, because as you know I'm a total sucker for that. And I sware, I didn't start that rumor... that was Cliffjumper! Blame the short red one! Jynx does anyway. Great Job Tirya! Now all ya need is a oneshot with Tri! lol