Reviews for Finding Sunlight
40steps2themoon chapter 7 . 6/23/2007
Over all, great job. Though Sirius was not characterized great, he was still a good character and the others were well done.

First, "I was able to talk to Remus, and clean, and wage war on the house of my forefathers." Great line, hilarious. Also, what had Ron been laughing at Harry for doing? Sirius and Renee make a great couple, the best in your fic(no offense, i'm just not a big canon person). Also, loved how Ron was staring at Renee, even though he finally got his .

I loved the dance and the kiss. Classic, with all the students cheering, but this cliche is still sweet and romantic. The proposal fit too.

You never told us what Snape did to Renee though. So mean, to deny your readers that bit of information. What did he do? Did he tease her? Hurt her? Tell her he liked her? What? Other than that, great job for your first fic!

40steps2themoon chapter 6 . 6/23/2007
First thing, I wanted to fix my question in the last review. Is this still Harry's 5th year? I can see now that it is, though AU. AU is awesome! Ok, on to the main comments.

Nice idea with the ball, even though it may be a little cliched. Very realistic, with Ron and Hermione ending up together, though I probably would've done something different. I see it as kind of a boring couple. And Cho and Harry, however sweet, is not a very interesting pair in the long run, though I don't really like Ginny either. I loved Sirius' invitation though totally sweet. i disagree with you on that, it wasn't lame.

40steps2themoon chapter 5 . 6/23/2007
Liked the arguement between Snape and Renee. Just one thing: Is this still Harry's 6th year? If not, what the hell is Umbridge still doing at Hogwarts? The part with the cages was so sad, I feel so bad when people in stories have fears of things like that because of something that happened. The reunion was so sweet though. Made me so happy. The flashback scene was also nicely done.

40steps2themoon chapter 4 . 6/23/2007
Great chapter, I love this story. The flashback was once again interesting. I also liked the line about the broom closet. Hilarious. What did Snape do? Oh, I'm curious. Great job so far!

40steps2themoon chapter 3 . 6/23/2007
Awesome, loved the Serious joke, and the part about and her portrit was hilarious. I also liked Renee's entrance and her sighting of the big, black dog. I agree with her, this will be an exciting year.

40steps2themoon chapter 2 . 6/23/2007
Interesting, I can't wait to find out what happens. I like the memory of Sirius's childhood, very creative, and the portrait was a nice touch. I'm excited about the meeting of Sirius and Renee again!

40steps2themoon chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
So incredibly lovely. Your work is all so sad, yet in a addicting way. In the beginning I almost thought that he was still in Azkaban. Great start, can't wait to read more.

Lady Wolfie chapter 7 . 4/13/2007
OH MY GOD that was such a sweet story. Oh my God. Ack. I don't know whether to cry or what. Great story. *sniff*
Russet022 chapter 7 . 3/18/2007
Aw, how sweet. Didn't see that one coming. Anyway, that was lovely, keep writing, and so on and so forth. THank you for finishing. Russet
The Green Bird chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
Looking at your reviews, I see you have gotten one from of the more infamous flamers on this site. Finding that it was worded rather cruelly, I decided to see what the reviewer's problem was. I have a few ideas.

- "...She was all I had. Sure, I had my other friends, but how could I be sure of them, of their trust? She was all I had. She was my one and only. She was my everything…"

-This is wrong. No matter what happened, Sirius could always count on James and Lily, particuarly James. Don't tell me there's no way that you can tell, because you can. It's all in the way Sirius acts in OOTP. While he is generally surly throughout the entire book, his whole attitude is different when Harry and co. comes over. An even better way to tell is analyzing Molly's comment that Sirius thinks having Harry is like having James back. So while I think that it was possible for Sirius to have a girlfriend that was wife material, he ALWAYS had James. Given Sirius's behavior and what Rowling has told us about his relationship with James, it is safe to say that they acted like the closest of brothers.

-The entire flashback that tells the readers why Renee kept her hair down can be described in one phrase: cliche. It really is incredibly cliche. It's not only cliche in the HP fandom, it is just cliche in general. The whole "abusive-boyfriend-raped-me-and-gave-me-an-artistic-scar" routine can be seen in any form of media. (Yes, fanfiction is a form of media). That fact that she is described as very beautiful also gives readers the impression that she is a Mary Sue. Then there's her choice of animagi to add to the whole Mary Sue image. Seriously. Lions, phoenixes, panthers, jaguars, and any other "majestic" and "powerful" animal tend to be the pick of animagi for Mary Sue authors. Mary Sues are highly idealized and never connect the reader to the story.

To Flame Rising: If you want to flame, at least give your victim reasons why you think their story is bad. If they don't listen to your criticism, then feel free to swear at them. It's not something I would personally do, but I have seen your profile and you seem to have a habit of using swear words excessively. I have a feeling that if you read this, you won't listen to my advice. I felt like putting this up just in case you do listen to my advice. If you want to do nothing but flame others , that's your business. However, your excessive use of swear words is rude and disgusting. There are other ways to point out the faults in one's story than to tell them to, "go and play in some heavy traffic."

Good day to you both,

-The Green Bird
Nicoley117-TheBlueMartini chapter 7 . 3/16/2007
Aw, this story twas oh so very sweet! (like strawberries, might I add!)

Anyways I thought it was uber spiffy!

Nicole
Farsight020 chapter 7 . 3/16/2007
Is it real? An update? Could it be? A finished story? NO, I must be hallucinating. There is no other explanation. My laryngitis has turned into a potentially deadly illness where I dream that stories are finished. What? It is real? No, it's too good to exist in the mortal world-too well written to be more than a dream. What? What do you mean? I am NOT crazy! I do actually know that this unbelievably happy ending to a very good story is real or else I wouldn't be reviewing it, would I? Alas, I blame you, Russet, and Curlz for my descent into sarcastic madness. The voices in my head have not ceased exclaiming how good this story is since I finished reading it. Congratulations on a job well done.

Love, Farsight (and the Frog)
Farsight020 chapter 6 . 9/15/2006
Update please?

For the sake of my toe?
justsukiya chapter 6 . 9/14/2006
well that was too cute and sweet

i just love this reunion between Sirius and his old love idea

hope you update soon

and i hope this can be AU, so you know, Sirius doesn't fall

keep it going