Reviews for Abstention
xBookEaterx chapter 1 . 2/20
This was awesome! I was looking for a fic like this :D
aquariTerrible chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
that was a really well written fic! I really like that you expanded on the amount of food and sleep Ed needs in such a way! and adding that bit in with Al getting dizzy! Once that came up my heart really jumped.

You are great at the characterization of everyone as far as i could say, it read smoothly and i could really see it play out at times like an episode if the show.

thank you very much for sharing it and working so hard on it!

-aT
kiragecko chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
This is my first Fullmetal Alchemist fic. It is amazing and heartbreaking. I am quite upset because I was hoping to read a few sentences, realize it wasn't for me, and then go on and read the other 20 fics I've had recced to me. I don't want to become a fan of this series. So, I was kind of a hostile audience, but you won me over completely. Thank you very much for writing this.
karl1n chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
This is awesome
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Well, even if this story was written back in 2005, this is so good, it deserves a review. You did an excellent job with this story, the way you wove everything together, kept everyone in character, and something I'm always grateful for in fanfics, you can spell and you know your grammar! What a treat! How did you feel when the manga progressed enough for you to find out your theory in this story was correct? Very few people write FMA fics about this subject even today, now that the manga has been completed for several years, but for you to make it the crux of your story nine years ago is amazing. Your perception back then was to everyone else's benefit, because we got to read your wonderfully gripping and heartfelt story.

I do have to tell you, all through reading it, all I could think of was that I wanted Col. Mustang horsewhipped for how he treated poor Ed, even before his calous behavior and ignorance almost led to Ed, and by extension, Al's deaths by starvation. How he could treat a teenaged boy, that he was responsible for bringing into the military in the first place, so harshly was unforgivable! The unit's physician may have been ignorant of young Major Elric's automail, but Mustang sure wasn't. Even if he was stupid and thoughtless enough not to know how automail functions, that it places an enormous energy drain on the bearer, he should've at least realized how badly prolonged exposure to the frigid cold would affect a person with steel attached to theƮr body. He deserves to have steel rods strapped to his body for the remainder of their mission up north, as part of some impromptu sensitivity training! (Enjoy your frostbite Roy, you jerk!)

Well, thankfully, there was a lot of great brotherly bonding between Ed and Al towards the end of the story to make up for the abusiveness beforehand. I needed that. I hope that from then on, Al had a kinder regard for his big brother, rather than acting a bit condescending towards him, siding with Mustang against him, and not standing up for just how much harder life is for Ed, compared to others. Al really does owe his existence to Edward in more ways than one. He'd better start looking out for Edward better, if he knows what's good for him.
DrummerDancer chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Brilliant! I loved this!
Res Nullius chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
This is phenomenal!
KasstheEchidna chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
My god, that was so fucking amazing! I love your story and the way you used words, it's fantastic! :3
I bet you're the only person who managed to include the fact that Ed over-sleeps & over-eats to nourish Al's human body in a fanfic
VickyVicarious chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
WHY ARE YOUR STARVING BOY FICS SO GOOOD?

This hit me hard. I don't know whether this idea was ever confirmed or even implied in canon, or if its just my headcanon, but I do believe that at least some of Ed's eating/sleeping habits and such are to compensate for supporting Al's body. I mean, it's pretty clearly malnourished at the end, which it wouldn't be if it just grew up automatically in there. And Ed eats a TON, while he himself doesn't grow much at all (not that I'm insinuating his [lack of] height isn't perfectly natural, although oh lordy if he realized that was due to Al it could be a good angst right there [he'd never tell, duh, but think of all the guilt for being so sensitive]).

So anyway, this struck true on premise alone, and the execution was masterful as well. Al's so great. Ed's defiance, shame, and determination are portrayed so well, and I absolutely loved Roy's appearances. It was all so full of emotions and awesome and I love it.

Now I'm wondering if you've fictionally starved any other teenage boys I happen to love. If so, I'm kinda looking forward to it, and also I don't know what my life has come to.
RogueGhost10 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I've always liked the idea that Ed is providing essentials for both bodies. Its quite fascinating. :D
Neellok chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Love this idea and how it was written. Felt very real, and yeah, them being connected works perfectly and of course it would take a lot of energy!

-Ne

P.S. Hope you have more!
Victorious-Mind chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
That was awesome! I loved it!
dandeliondreams chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
aww, very cute ... I thought the restrained characterization was perfect :)
Dani1348 chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Very well written and interesting:D
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This is awesome! Sorry I'm bad at writing reviews, but that really is the best way to describe it. Awesome.