Reviews for Abstention
Brilliant! I loved this!
Res Nullius chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
This is phenomenal!
KasstheEchidna chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
My god, that was so fucking amazing! I love your story and the way you used words, it's fantastic! :3
I bet you're the only person who managed to include the fact that Ed over-sleeps & over-eats to nourish Al's human body in a fanfic
VickyVicarious chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
WHY ARE YOUR STARVING BOY FICS SO GOOOD?

This hit me hard. I don't know whether this idea was ever confirmed or even implied in canon, or if its just my headcanon, but I do believe that at least some of Ed's eating/sleeping habits and such are to compensate for supporting Al's body. I mean, it's pretty clearly malnourished at the end, which it wouldn't be if it just grew up automatically in there. And Ed eats a TON, while he himself doesn't grow much at all (not that I'm insinuating his [lack of] height isn't perfectly natural, although oh lordy if he realized that was due to Al it could be a good angst right there [he'd never tell, duh, but think of all the guilt for being so sensitive]).

So anyway, this struck true on premise alone, and the execution was masterful as well. Al's so great. Ed's defiance, shame, and determination are portrayed so well, and I absolutely loved Roy's appearances. It was all so full of emotions and awesome and I love it.

Now I'm wondering if you've fictionally starved any other teenage boys I happen to love. If so, I'm kinda looking forward to it, and also I don't know what my life has come to.
RogueGhost10 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I've always liked the idea that Ed is providing essentials for both bodies. Its quite fascinating. :D
Neellok chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Love this idea and how it was written. Felt very real, and yeah, them being connected works perfectly and of course it would take a lot of energy!

-Ne

P.S. Hope you have more!
Victorious-Mind chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
That was awesome! I loved it!
dandeliondreams chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
aww, very cute ... I thought the restrained characterization was perfect :)
Dani1348 chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Very well written and interesting:D
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This is awesome! Sorry I'm bad at writing reviews, but that really is the best way to describe it. Awesome.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
This is one of those stories that I just have to come back and reread on occasion. It's so raw and painful, and real. It always just makes me ache for the whole situation. It's very well written.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
It's been several hours since I first read this one and I can't get it out of my head. I keep on mulling over the plot points and details and emotions and confrontations and regrets over in my head. Everything about it is so... perfect. Wow.

Funny and scary and caring and sorry and suspenseful and serene... you pack so much into this fic. Everything built so well.

And I could just go on and on about this one. ON and ON. But I won't. I'll just say that it's quickly become one of my favorites. THANK YOU so much for writing it.

Sapphireswimming
mabidiso chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
So gorgeous and sweet. Love how human you make Al, and how stunning the representation of these characters as they react to their epiphanies.
Califaction chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Wow, I love this fic! The crazy thing is that you make Edward's starvation so plausible. I could totally see it happening. I also like the fact that you gave Edward's crazy eating habits an explanation. The way this fic highlighted the way Edward really isn't biologically normal, with his auto-mail, and the way he literally might walk around 24/7 with the burden of his brother's array on his soul-we usually see Edward as having special talents, but he'll also always have special needs. You really get across the excruciating guilt Mustang feels when he realizes what he's put one of his subordinates through (that moment when the scarf is removed and he sees exactly how bone-thin Ed looks is powerful), that he's horribly failed one of the people whose well-being is his responsibility. It's one of the reasons I love this fic so much. The guilt and shame Edward feels for not being able to eat ("suck it up") like the rest of the soldiers in his unit is another big reason, and so is his sheer desperation for food; the image of Alphonse looking away so he doesn't have to see Edward licking his plate clean will stay with me for a while. This fic had a big impact on me; hunger is one of those primal things that some of us can forget and some of us can't. Edward is usually so strong (he's the Goddam Fullmetal Alchemist!), and it was interesting and powerful to see him (and those around him) struggle with something so human. Thank you for writing and posting!
betweenlife chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Wow. This was intense. I loved it.
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »