Reviews for Abstention
Psycho Lullaby chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
I feel as though I am at a loss for words. There is nothing I can possibly say that would do this story justice. I can try, but keep in mind that I am now... trapped in a permanent state of awe. I never really thought about Al's blood seal as a continuously activated transmutation circle. I mean, I know that's what it is, but I thought Ed made it and it was there and it works. For you to suggest that Al's existence as an unrelenting strain on Ed, who is the sole source of energy sustaining that circle and his younger brother's life, is so moving. It's got me thinking up a bunch of "what ifs" now. The entire story is an ingenious, thought provoking, masterpiece! You ideally capture the personalities and honesty of these characters on such an emotional level, I was compelled to continue reading with a serious concern for their fates until the very end. You did not disappoint as I was truly satisfied with the outcome of the story and the fact that Roy, Ed, and Al all seemed to gain a further understanding of each other and themselves from this experience.

Anyway, I have to go rave about what I've just read and see if I can annoy any of my friends into reading this as well. Wow...it just...blows my mind on every imaginable level and then some.
o.0 chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
yay! i finally read it! wonderful fic...couldn't stop reading until i was done, bravo! the character's personality was right on the mark, and the fic is so original, i'm so glad i read it!
IssaLee chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Well...this made me think so much it hurt. Not my mind, though, it's just - I don't think anyone but you really ever thought beyond the fact that, yeah, that array on Al's armor IS a part of Ed's work.

Without Ed, there is no Al, although not vice-versa.

And now I'm laughing, because if that's true, you've stumbled upon one of the greatest mistakes they made in the whole series. This makes the whole last episode completely irrelevent. Shouldn't Al have died when Ed did? But there is the Philosopher's Stone...

Eh. I still think you've got genius!
riversrunthroughme chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Man! That was a fantastic story! All writing ability aside (because you have an amazing amount of ability, by the way) that was really a very, very clever conflict.

At first I was like: "He's hungry? That's it?" but as the story went on and you explained things in more detail I began to really appreciate it for it's orginality as well as its style. Hee...Edward was hilariously in character the entire time. Alphonse too. It made me happy.

Great job! Really! Laters!
LAXgirl chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Absolutely frickin awesome story! Loved every minute of it! Ed-angst is my favorite genre of FMA fanfictioning. _ I also loved the way Mustang's usually smug know-it-all way was smashed to pieces towards the end. Luved it. Definitely going on my fav stories list. Hope to read more from you soon. Is there going to be a sequel or somekind of continuation? I guess I'll have to go check your author's page. So, till then.

Signing out

-LAXgirl
wolef chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
...wow. That is an amazing fic.
Edward's Josie Black chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
LOVE LOVE LOVE! I read this awhile back when my stupid computer wouldn't let me review or mark it as a fave, an just today I wanted to reread it, but I couldn't remember the title, so I spent 45 minures searching for it, and now I found it, and I'm putting it on my faves list and it rocks! I LOVE the line, "Have I ever told you how much I fucking love you?" Adorable. And very Ed.
embeer2004 chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Wonderful story! I so loved it how the colonel thought Ed was complaining just because and it turning out to have really gone downhill with the poor boy.

Brr - and the coldness of the automail couldn't have helped any either!

Good thing Al is there as well... ,')

Thank you for sharing!

Hugs, Em
CanaryNoir chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Ah. So beautiful. Really well thought-out and realized concept. Character studies of all three are pitch-perfect. Neat ideas worked in as well. Just wonderful. Thank you!
RaindropLightwave chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
I really like the way you describe the details in the story! It's nice, to see how the brothers care for each other, and what they feel.
CaptainKase chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
There are no words to express how much you rock my socks. NO WORDS. You love torturing Ed as much as I do, and that makes me happy, because you do it oh-so very well.
roxy chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
This isone of the best stories I have ever read! I think I shall read it again. Thank you for the entertainment!
Barbara Akers chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
Man, this was great. It's nice to see a plausible explanation about why Ed eats so much. The characters were spot on too. I definitely 'heard' them speaking the words. It's good to see things from Al's perspective as well. I hope to see more from you. :)

Barbara
Nitroviper chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
*Long sigh of contentment after reading your story*...I love your writing style, the plot is good, and alphonse is in character. The only thing I don't like is that ed isn't THAT much of a jerk and he doesn't swear every five seconds.
K a w a i i - S y a o r a n chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
That was terrific! Took me awhile to read but I loved how you wrote it. The details were very well written. ]
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »