Reviews for Saying It
DeepBlueJoy chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
a poignant and powerful little vignette. I can imagine Giles having difficulties saying what he felt. Thank you.

Blue
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 10/22/2003
I liked this so much. I never thought about it before, but I realize that you're right. Giles has never told Buffy that he loves her. That's so sad. Oh! And then he's all worried about her dying and she dies in the gift! Imagine how bad he must have felt!

Well now I'm all teary. Seriously. Real tears. Um, anyway, good job.

-Leanne
Dendera chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
Buffy and Giles' complex father/daughter relationship is one of my favorite elements of the show. Their attachment and loyalty to each other is so powerful despite its subtlety. You've captured every frustrating facet of them so well that this angsty scene seems to fit quite naturally within the Buffy universe. Very well done
Lakrids chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
others reviewers have said it better than i could, so i will only say i found it well written.
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
Oh, if only he would! What I wouldn't give for a B/G fic to offset all the stinking B/S out there.
Chris7 chapter 1 . 6/29/2002
Very nice Giles pov. I don't see much good Giles, and yours is top notch.
PunkZinn chapter 1 . 2/25/2002
I love Giles. I think he's a great complex character and one of the more enjoyable to write, which you did a great job at.
cyberwulf chapter 1 . 1/19/2002
Aww...that's so sweet and sad.
ebonbird chapter 1 . 12/18/2001
Wonderful Giles voice. Great exploration and framing of the Giles-Buffy bond. Why can't he say it indeed? I'll be rereading this for sure.
Julia chapter 1 . 9/29/2001
Aww... that was so sweet. Angsty, but sweet. One thing though, Giles loves Buffy as a DAUGHTER rite? cuz... cuz it would be gross if he didn't love her like that... ::cringe::
Yahtzee chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
I completely believe Giles' reactions and ruminations in this story; you really get at the powerful, yet unspoken, bonds between Buffy and Giles. I have long wished the show would allow for some of this deliberation - and, perhaps, for someone to actually "say it." Thanks for a great look into Giles' mind.
Nathan chapter 1 . 5/11/2001
A great fic from a great author... keep it up!
HonorH chapter 1 . 5/3/2001
How wonderful. And how heart-wrenching. The relationship between Buffy and Giles has become the heart of the show to me. They've become a father and daughter, in the truest sense, and this fic encapsulates Giles' feelings and his conflict beautifully. Bravo!
Mariner chapter 1 . 4/28/2001
A very believable and touching insight into Giles' psyche. I particularly liked the way you referenced his preoccupation with the manual transmission at the end, giving a nice symmetry to the story - and a clever nod to canon, too.
Willum chapter 1 . 4/27/2001
Another nice "back-story" to an episode. You have a knack for adding little bits that would seem to have been a missing part to the series.