Reviews for In Wake
Wandering Soul chapter 21 . 8/31/2013
ITS AMAZING. But when Lin (Wander) was fighting Valus, you put in Volus instead. Minor mistake, but the fic is really good
Wandering Soul chapter 16 . 8/31/2013
This is absolutely ammmmaaaazzzzziiiinnnnnggggg
Wandering Soul chapter 9 . 8/30/2013
OMG Best SotC retelling I have ever read! It might be the only one but hey, this is AWESOME
Skyrere chapter 19 . 12/26/2009
very nice. I liked your little background plot development. It made sense as much as any video game plot can make sense, and was enjoyable to read.

now on to the jarringly wrong part.

You may have already been told, I didn't read any of the comments before writing my own, but the horse is named Argo, not Agro... It's easy enough to get the name wrong when you are typing really fast, and I found a few places where you spelled it correctly.

I don't expect you to go back through and correct the whole thing because I am not sure how that works. Just needed to say something.

I did want there to be details of the villagers retreat from the temple and how the bridge collapsed behind them as they left.
Kisdota-The Freak Gamer chapter 21 . 6/1/2009
UWE HE HE, I PREFERED YOUR SECOND ENDING, EXCELENT WORK VERY WELL DONE, YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LinkLord chapter 17 . 2/3/2008
Y'know what? Here's a funny thing. Beat all the time attacks until you get Flash Arrows, then go to Argus. and use the Cloak of Deception. If you do it right you can actually make him drop the cleaver without ever climbing on him! You just have to make sure your Flash Arrow collides perfectly with his elbow.
SSJ4XYZ chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
You should be proud of yourself, and consider writing professionally.
demonbrother chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
This has always been one of my favorite fics, and the best shadow of the colossus fic I've seen. Great work.
Kakureru of LoF chapter 21 . 7/19/2007
Haha, oddly enough, our Wander goes by the name Lin as well. It's kind of a creepy coincidence, no? I'm not sure if he would agree with this story or not, but it is masterfully written indeed.

Though it's not perfect, of course. The alternate ending seemed almost forced-it's way too happy. Mono doesn't even react to the dead bodies all over the place, or the fact that Lin's been through hell and nearly brought about the apocalypse? It could use a little revision, but that's my only criticism.
Griselda Banks chapter 21 . 5/16/2007
I'm glad you were able to finish this novelisation. I can see that you put a lot of thought, effort, and love into this story, and for that you have my utmost respect. A good author knows when a story is worth her time, and when not to give up.

I'll say again that I like the things you've added to flesh Lin out a bit more; they make the mystery of his character a little more understandable. I also liked your two different endings. While I'll always be partial to the "real" ending, since it was in the game, I also liked your perhaps more satisfactory ending.

Well, congratulations on finishing your piece of work! Happy writing in the future _
perforator chapter 13 . 5/13/2007
Lin?Wasn't it Wander? But I admire your writing. :D neat
Griselda Banks chapter 13 . 5/12/2007
Hey, I'm glad to see you're going to finish this. I read over my last review, and I was a little shocked at how...well...rude I was. Sorry about that ' I think I'd read all eleven chapters that were up in one go, and I was all caught up in the story of your novelisation and the game, and I wanted to see it get to the end. I hope you weren't offended or anything.

I'd like to say I like how your chapter titles are German. I don't understand them, but I'm sure they're cool all the same XD I'm also glad you gave Wander the name Lin instead of Wanda or something. I suppose that's one of the largest problems with novelising SotC: the main character doesn't have a name. So you have to make a decision: use the name Wander, make up a name, or go from first-person perspective? I like the choice you made.

I hope you can continue to update; I'm looking forward to seeing this novelisation completed _
Comment-er chapter 2 . 5/11/2007
oi... now, that's accurate. :-) beautifully written.
Anithin chapter 13 . 5/11/2007
I can't say how happy I am to see the continuing chapters - not one but two! I added your story to alert just in case, and I'm very glad I did.

Your story is at a very good and unique pace. I'd say it is not too long, and not too compressed. Personally I'd like longer fights with the Colossi and more bruises Lin get, as to get into more of his struggle; it's just something I personally like anyway. ;;

Other than that I love how you added details we cannot find in the game: Lin's past with Mono (which I can't wait to see to the end), how he tried to relax from time to time in the forbidden land, changes with his appearance, and Dormin's role. I just love how this voiceless entity sneer from time to time to force Lin to continue.

Please keep it up! :)
kittypon chapter 11 . 9/6/2006
Wow great story I just loved it plz continue im a great shadow of the collossis fan beatting the game on the 3rd day but I wish there was more adn the only way i saw it could continue is with fanfics and yours is the best so far! so plz PLZ! continue.