Reviews for Kino's Journey: Land of Total Equality
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
sad, but very good.
very kino-esque.
Noswald chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
this is ...one of the best fanfics i've ever read!, not just in the kino's journey category but the others as well, it captures the very essence of a kino's journey episode and chapter.

At first when i read the title i thought it was related to communism and those who were disabled or such but this is totally unexpected.

Not only that but the ending to it, ah the ending , it was both depressing yet fulfilling in a sense

it was just that good, congradulations
Saienai chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I know you probably wont read this as it has been seven years since this was published, but I just had to leave a review of this. I truly love the original Kino series, and even though it is not possible to watch all the episodes in one sitting (not because there are a lot, but because they all carry a certain weight which you obviously understand), I have watched the series countless times.
I would have to congratulate you on writing something that has brought out the same constricting feeling within my chest that the original anime did, as you managed to capture within a few thousand words that same indescribable quality that existed in the original.
If I did not know better, I would have assumed that you simply wrote out the story from one of the episodes, but there are two things wrong about that:
- the story is different from any other cities.
- the way you told the story is just too perfect for it to be a copy.
So, congratulations on making me shed a tear in much the same way I do when I re-watch selected episodes of the anime series.
- The world is not a beautiful place - and that in a way lends it a sort of beauty -
Saenai
TamaskanLEM chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This story was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect to find something that perfectly resemble the way the novel or anime present themselves in each chapter or episode. I could only imagine how much thought you put into making this. It's like it came from the original author himself. Definitely a favorite. Thank you for the nice read.
The Blue Footed Booby chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Written with a true and heartfelt understanding of art, and the need of the artist to express and achieve. A land of enforced mediocrity and conformity would indeed stifle such persons. So yes, there's little to add beyond what others have offered - excellent.
Apprivoisu chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Reading this brought a smile my face as it reminded me of the anime. -.- so little episodes... but reading this was just like another episode, another unique country Kino would visit to teach a life lesson. I 3 this fanfic.
Grey Chess chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Wonderful, this made me want to write a Kino fiction too. Thanks for the story, I think it's gorgeous.
ToastedWhiskers chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
I've really nothing to say that hasn't already been said. Kino seems a bit too open, at least to those of us who have only seen the anime, but you pulled it off nicely. The imagery gave me chills, quite frankly, and I could imagine it as it would have been Animated. This would have fit in quite nicely with the other episodes. All in all, very inspiring and thought-provoking.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
PeppyLongStocking chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Marveles story to complement both the novel and the anime. Nice plot and perfect flow just like the orginal. I realy enjoy reading your story.
Tsuchikorobi chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I liked it, but the end with the violin...I sort of felt like it didn't match with the rest of the story.

I really liked how Kino's Journey-ish it was. I can imagine the episode or something, with all of the people and buildings. It's sort of cool that way. Keep writing!
Manwe-Varda team chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Nice!
Fawx chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
So when they were writing the screenplay for the show, why didn't they call you?

Absolutely breathtaking.
wide chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
. That was very nice.
Gnos fo Ytinrete chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
That was wonderful. I'm really glad I got on the computer today at lunch break (I'm in hich-school). I finished watching The Beautiful World series just last week. Thank you ever so much for sharing this. _ Ja ne.