Reviews for Kino's Journey: Land of Total Equality
Noswald chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
this is ...one of the best fanfics i've ever read!, not just in the kino's journey category but the others as well, it captures the very essence of a kino's journey episode and chapter.

At first when i read the title i thought it was related to communism and those who were disabled or such but this is totally unexpected.

Not only that but the ending to it, ah the ending , it was both depressing yet fulfilling in a sense

it was just that good, congradulations
Saienai chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I know you probably wont read this as it has been seven years since this was published, but I just had to leave a review of this. I truly love the original Kino series, and even though it is not possible to watch all the episodes in one sitting (not because there are a lot, but because they all carry a certain weight which you obviously understand), I have watched the series countless times.
I would have to congratulate you on writing something that has brought out the same constricting feeling within my chest that the original anime did, as you managed to capture within a few thousand words that same indescribable quality that existed in the original.
If I did not know better, I would have assumed that you simply wrote out the story from one of the episodes, but there are two things wrong about that:
- the story is different from any other cities.
- the way you told the story is just too perfect for it to be a copy.
So, congratulations on making me shed a tear in much the same way I do when I re-watch selected episodes of the anime series.
- The world is not a beautiful place - and that in a way lends it a sort of beauty -
Saenai
TamaskanLEM chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This story was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect to find something that perfectly resemble the way the novel or anime present themselves in each chapter or episode. I could only imagine how much thought you put into making this. It's like it came from the original author himself. Definitely a favorite. Thank you for the nice read.
The Blue Footed Booby chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Written with a true and heartfelt understanding of art, and the need of the artist to express and achieve. A land of enforced mediocrity and conformity would indeed stifle such persons. So yes, there's little to add beyond what others have offered - excellent.
Apprivoisu chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Reading this brought a smile my face as it reminded me of the anime. -.- so little episodes... but reading this was just like another episode, another unique country Kino would visit to teach a life lesson. I 3 this fanfic.
Grey Chess chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Wonderful, this made me want to write a Kino fiction too. Thanks for the story, I think it's gorgeous.
ToastedWhiskers chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
I've really nothing to say that hasn't already been said. Kino seems a bit too open, at least to those of us who have only seen the anime, but you pulled it off nicely. The imagery gave me chills, quite frankly, and I could imagine it as it would have been Animated. This would have fit in quite nicely with the other episodes. All in all, very inspiring and thought-provoking.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
PeppyLongStocking chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Marveles story to complement both the novel and the anime. Nice plot and perfect flow just like the orginal. I realy enjoy reading your story.
Tsuchikorobi chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I liked it, but the end with the violin...I sort of felt like it didn't match with the rest of the story.

I really liked how Kino's Journey-ish it was. I can imagine the episode or something, with all of the people and buildings. It's sort of cool that way. Keep writing!
Manwe-Varda team chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Nice!
Fawx chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
So when they were writing the screenplay for the show, why didn't they call you?

Absolutely breathtaking.
wide chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
. That was very nice.
Gnos fo Ytinrete chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
That was wonderful. I'm really glad I got on the computer today at lunch break (I'm in hich-school). I finished watching The Beautiful World series just last week. Thank you ever so much for sharing this. _ Ja ne.
GDeacur chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Ahh, Kino fics... someone really should get a section going for that.

I'll have to say that this is the best Kino fic I've read yet. Technically speaking, this is one of the best fics I've ever read - I didn't notice a single grammar and spelling mistake. That's rare in the fanfiction universe.

In terms of story and character, again, this is great. The concept was interesting, as was the execution. The ending was good too, and the whole paragraph that ended with "This country isn't celebrating diversity; it's imposing uniformity" was great.

My only criticisms are that, for one, Kino seemed a little bit too open. She's almost always reserved to the point of indifference (as she's presented in the anime. I haven't read the books.) It only seemed slightly off, but I noticed it nonetheless. Secondly, the whole part with the parade dragged on a little too long for my taste.

But all in all, great fic.
Rinikittybabe chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Awsome. Your fic was really good. Kino seemed a bit too chatty though and a bit less apathetic than usual. Great start! (If it makes you feel any better I don't think I could write something that good. ;))