Reviews for Five Senses
thefilmchick chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Solid use of second person, and well-sustained, which is a tricky thing to pull off. Also an interesting thing with the strawberries - Desmond's willingness to sacrifice himself for the (until the season finale!) unknown chick in the picture is conveyed nicely with that without being overwrought or melodramatic.

This line jumped out at me too (sorry; you have specific lines that just hit on the mark, though, so deal with it!) - "You are nothing but curved rims and bent edges." It's an accurate description, as well as the mock-Van Gogh stuff that follows. There really is something desperate and futile about Des's situation in the hatch, and living without humanity of any kind - especially without the woman that he evidently thought enough of to bring the picture/book/etc. along - must have been the worst part of it all.
Dark Syrinx chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
That is so sweet! I love it!
Mrs. Desmond chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
Wow this is really good. I like all the description.

...does one shot mean one scene?
Ladywilde chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Wow, everytime I read your work - I am blown away at how talented you are... awesome job!
Jade Eclipse chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Very nice Desmond-analysis. I really do hope that they bring him back on the show. You had lots of detail that really brought attention to the story and I love how you tied it into the senses. The ending was beautiful.

Oh, and thanks so much for your reviews, they made my day.

Looking forward to reading more by you!

Keep Writing!