Reviews for One Ordinary Night, With Wisteria
mabidiso chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Beautiful and perfect.
Ghost of the Crescent Moon chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
That was fantastic, beautifully written and a great idea.
Seductive Venus chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Beautifully written. It's tone and pacing was just right. I'm amazed at how accurately you portrayed Watanuki, Doumeki and Yuuko in your story. Not many people can manage to do that. I also love how you implied on a future understanding between the two boys. Wonderful story.
Memory Dragon chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
I have to say, I love your characterization of Watanuki. The sarcasm was absolutely beautiful, though the serious side of Watanuki that wasn't quite ready to realize what he was about to see was what shown through. You did a lovely job with this fic, and I can certainly share your grief over the Wisteria... Blasted plant.

-MemoryDragon
angelofplottwists chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
I really like how you refrained from making this a really dark, angsty piece. It's definitely not "light", but it's got a very real tone to it, as if this is exactly how it would happen. It's not saying "oh no I'm going to die regret angst moan" but rather a much less contrived reaction. And I really love how it wasn't the spirit that nearly killed Watanuki, but something as mundane as a drinking fountain.
Jekka chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
I'm so glad I read this. This, in particular... And right before Doumeki woke him, Watanuki dreamed that an older version of himself had grabbed him by the shoulders and was looking him straight in the eyes, begging him to pay attention.

That hit me out of NOWHERE, and I had to stop and blink. VERY well done, very well placed. I'm going to go read your other stuff now. :D
Falcon's Jade chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
I have no idea what the Wisteria is, so I'll just use your information and my imagination. A good piece of writing you have here, style included.
Griever5 chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Wow. Love this!
Rukai chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Truly Wonderful. Subtle yet potent.

-Rukai
Azamiko chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
; It's a common plant in CLAMP stuff...
Dark Lil Corner chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
Oo very... stylized? The imagery and meaning was very subtle and moving. Personalities were given their right due.

I must say, as writing goes, this piece is very good. I also appreciate how you did research to make your story more accurate and believable.

The title was also a plus. It amused me.

Keep up the work.
Tochira chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
That was really, really great and very... complete. I found myself totally sucked in, and that's a rare thing! :D

Issues with wisteria or no, it was a perfect choice, I think. There's enough traditional Japanese symbolism associated with wisteria that the idea of a possessed (or whatever) vine reeling people in and doing horrid things to them fits seamlessly into the xHOLiC universe. XD (I've come across stories of wisteria vines containing the spirit of a young lady before, or some variation, so it gave me extra chills to see what this one held.) Awesome job with the fic. The end was nicely done, too.
ani chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
wow... i don't know what to say, this is so damn good and so in canon... can't wait for the rest!
MagRowan chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Just wanted to drop you a review and say that I really enjoy this story! It is well thought out and well executed. And you've captured Yuko's personality well.

Thanks very much for the read! _
Kat R. Fair chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
AW! And oh! is wowed by your magnificence