Reviews for Unnatural
Neptune Scar chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
This fic is absolutely wonderful! The characterization is perfect, and Barret's internal dialogue is incredibly entertaining. I really like this darker, seductive Cloud that you've created. Excellent work!
Vovo chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I know it'd be something good when I saw the story in a favorite's list. What can I say is that I still have faith in finding good stories, because I read it. It was so well written and the way you portrayed the characters was amazing. I love this Cloud. From the beginning to the end, there was nothing I could say that could be better, it's wonderful the way it is. And I liked how you approached the homophobia theme. I liked the way Cloud could see through Barret, the hidden feelings. And Cloud moving closer to Barret was so sexy xD I'm really happy I found this story.
Kasmi Kassim chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
That was a wonderful characterization of Cloud, and a beautiful scene of interaction between the two! Thank you!
solsere chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
I almost passed this story because I thought it was... Cloud/Barret, but after seeing the "homophobia" descript, I wondered, why not? Glad I did. Very nice piece :D
CNome chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Wow! Incredible story you've written here :D. I love the way you depicted both Barret and Cloud and especially the feelings of a homophobe in denial.

Any chance for a sequel?
Erakiran chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
That was quite awesome.
Jusrecht chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
AWESOME. I'm incoherent.
TheLandOfChillies chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Wow. Wow. WOW.

This was extremely well written. The tension highlighted between Cloud and Barret was enough to make me squirm, and the dark sensuality of your descriptions of Cloud Strife was fantastic. I love the "darker" side of Cloud. XD

The charactersation of Barret was stunning. This story was engaging and original. I loved it. x
farfromdaylight chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
OMG.

My favorite date of all, Barret's POV... you should label this as humor, it's HILARIOUS. *can't stop giggling* And Cloud actually noticing wtf is up with Barret and... ee~ I love it. *favs*
Jukebox Hound chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
I'm not sure how many times I've read this one by now. It's just...awesome. Barret's little menatl Freudian slips -"Fuck hi-it" were great, and I love how his obsessiveness over Cloud is actually subtle (and, OMG, IC! Gasp!) And Cloud's little 'remonstration'-brilliant. Tough!Cloud is so difficult to find in fanfiction, but you pulled it off with definite style.

I just love this oneshot. Can't say enough good things about it.
Aurore Renata chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Is this a one-shot? Whether you're continuing it or not, great job!
Wah-Keetcha chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Ah I liked this a lot! REALLY liked it. At first I wasn't sure what to think but I really liked it. Good story!
Devilish Kurumi chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
This is the first fic featuring Barret I've ever read. I'm glad I picked this one. But, uh, yeah. Unfortunately, since this is the first Barret-featuring fic I've read, I don't have much to give you in ways of crit or compliment. So, uh, just keep rocking, or something.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Heehee, very interesting one-shot. I have to agree with Barret, Cloud is a pretty boy. Nice job and interesting concept. I enjoyed the ending.
FUCKYOULETMEDELETETHISSHIT chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
When I first read the words "Cloud", "Barret" and "shounenai" in the summary, I immediately thought it was one of those scary PWP's with a very OCC Barret trying to get into Cloud's pants, or even visa versa. I very nearly passed this fic with that thought in mind, and to be honest the only thing that compelled me to read it at all was because I recognised you name from reading "Secrets", and so decided to take a chance on it.

I'm quite glad I did.

Of course I'm not a Barret/Cloud fan, the notion of it has never really sat well with me since Barret seems- as you have so wonderfully illustrated in this fic- like the typical homophobe. I think that's why this story works so well, the characters are /in/ character, something that seems (to me) to have become disturbingly rare. Especially with the less common FFVII pairings.

I also love the style of writing you've used for this piece. Being stuck in Barret’s head was... an experience, especially during his battle of denial and attraction, and Cloud's actions and reactions were perfectly "Cloud-like". The hostility and disgust he expresses at the end was brilliant, especially after spending most of the story in silence and with very little giving away his thoughts. After reading the whole way to the end to wait for Cloud to react, and then to get something like that-

It was just perfect.

It was an excellent read and a well thought out, and quite original, piece of fanfiction.

Thank you.