Reviews for There Are Worse Things Than Death
Fanfic Monster chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Great fic, you included lots of detail and showed clearly Dekes pain. Keep up the good work.
Piper47 chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
Oh this is good! I really do like it. Poor guy, he was one of my favorite characters. It's a shame he had to die first. He seemed like an important team member. Talk about getting the crappy end of the stick.
Yumura Kirika chapter 1 . 9/7/2002
That was positively magnificent, for lack of a better description. Considering how Mr. Decourt seems to be, by far, the least explored character, even in the 'canon' games, this was a sorely needed piece of fiction who perceive him as more than merely the, 'sociopath-who-kills-a-lot-of-people-and-transforms-into-a-demon-in-the first-game-which-happens-to-be-second-in-the-continuity' (extensive 'basic' description, eh?). This thoroughly explores his basic nature (especially the beginning), and actually addresses HOW Jin Lao Wong transforms him into the demonic form, instead of merely the canon description Deke gives in the game of, 'I'm evil, and hell turned me into a monster.'

Expert Predator (Spoiler Warning!): Unfortunately, yes, Deke is slaughtered rather horribly in the first game, but, if you manage to complete the game on the 'hard' mode (not a terrible challenge), Jin Lao Wong is killed and Deke is revived, reappearing with a 'nasty headache' on the one surviving toilet in Madam Chen's now-destroyed brothel.

Opop 123: Unless you weren't serious, you, my un-friend, are an absolute moron. Considering that the only gripe someone could possibly have with this was its inconclusive ending (for someone who hasn't played the game, that is...), and the 1 (perhaps 2-3, regardless, they don't impair interpretation) grammatical error, this is basically perfect.

In conclusion, ignore 'Opop 123''s review, since he's a moron, and re-read this piece; unless you're Metal Gear Prime, in which case, continue writing, as you have great talent!
Jade the Expert Predator chapter 1 . 7/22/2002
*goes into hysterics* Noooooooo! Not Deke! NOT DEKE! *calms down momentarily*

Excellent descriptions of the carnage and an interesting storyline!

Does Deke actually die in the first game or was this just something you made up? *really, really, really hopes you just made it up* And also, do you know why Deke turned into a demon in the second game?

*bows and leaves to kill people who shall die for Deke*
Serena chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
Nice job! You capture the moment excellently with your words. You don't miss a thing. And the dialogue was very plausible, which can be a little tricky when extending a scene. All in all, this was enjoyable. By the way, thanks for reviewing my fic.
UMJ chapter 1 . 11/29/2001
I liked this but you could have explained the part when he transormed a lil better tahn yo uddi but it was good. The best out of the three Fear Effect stories.
Sir Hawke chapter 1 . 7/11/2001
Man, I have got to say, this was truly good. Even though it is one of only two stories in the Fear Effect category, I really like it.
Simon4 chapter 1 . 6/30/2001
Wo! That was pretty neat, i like the way you cast a different view from the one we recieve in the game. Very effective. If you want to read a story based characters, look under short stories, its callded Fate.
opop1231 chapter 1 . 6/25/2001
Why is your name a place...? Well I didnt see how this hogwash was a good fear effect fic. It really, well, I say this too much but it SUCKED. S-U-C-K-E-D.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2001
Mir1 chapter 1 . 5/4/2001
Hey, that was good! I wanna read more.
ShadowMoon chapter 1 . 5/3/2001
Ooooh ! Creepy ! But it's very good ! More please !
pv chapter 1 . 4/30/2001
Hey, this fic is really good. I think you captured his (Deke's) character very well. Keep up the good work.
NeoKefka chapter 1 . 4/30/2001
A good, well written story, though I feel that it ended rather abruptly. Perhaps you could write sequel or turn it into a chaptered story. Still, for a debut, a good piece of work. Keep it cool NeoKefka
John chapter 1 . 4/30/2001
Great to finally have read a Fear Effect fan fic! What's more, this is good. You've got the character down really well.