Reviews for The deepest, most desperate
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Nice.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
For Merlins sake! 333 love this story!
Belladonna Dumbledore chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I once read the german translation and I always wanted to review the author, because it is the greatest stiory I ever read. It'slike the grim true, beauty and scarying and i am surprised that you could wrote it without knuwing DH, because all of it makes sins.

I can't really discribe it English; but I want you to knoe that I really had to crie in the end.
Meta Capricorn chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Read it, wrote a review, but then my i-net connection broke down: reviewlost in the endless spheres of electronical data processing. -.-

So again: I am astonished by how close you are with your story to what JKR wrote! I don't claim that understood everything, but I think, I understood at least the most important parts. And even in this somehow messy state I got a really intense impression of the scene 'Snape with his back to the Mirror of Erised'. I wouldn't be surprised if this piece of work becomes my association to the Dumbledore-Snape-Potter-relationship.

Well done.

Meta
Augurey chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Fantastic!
Daddys Morbid Little Girl chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Love it.
Nyella chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Hi,

what a masterpice, really. It's like a painting of the most resigned hour in one's (one's, not One's. You're so wonderful right with the Ones!) life ... A bit difficult to understand (but you know that already), if you try to understand, I think ... If you take the whole think like it is, it becomes a most awe-inspriring, well, masterpiece, like I said. Wonderful. Poetic. Awesome. Indescribable.

Nyella
Thirteen Ravens chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Wow, very visual!

More like a long drabble, but I do like the emotions contained in it.
outofivanhoe chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
That was gorgeous. Very poetry-like, and plotless, but you expressed so much in the key repetitions, especially the 'One'. I didn't understand all of it, and part of me would love to know what the bits I didn't get meant, because I'm sure they would have been as affecting as the rest. But it was plenty lovely as it was, and created a very strong impression.
Fox Dreams chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
Wow. I am so confused. I think I will have to read it again. Still, that was well written. I enjoyed the style of how you wrote this, I do not think I have seen its like before.
cecelle chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
Haunting and dark. Beautifully written.

"So, Snape thought, it had been only natural for Dumbledore to trust him; one disgusted with all the life, one disgusted with all the death, turning and meeting in the middle." Wonderful line. This story is full of wonderful lines. It's almost like a sketch, mere lines that convey the essence of something instead of every last detail.

Thanks for writing!
Droxy chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Angsty and moody, but I am unsure why Snape is unwilling to llok i the mirror. The sock a silent order to kill those giving them? Was he afraid to see himself with socks?
Oldwickedsongs chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
A rare, brutal peice of work involving all my favorite things. I love the mirror (that's kind of a given, from my penname no?) and the brutality and truth from it is painful and beautiful. Thank you for tackling the HBP without attempting to explain the reasons behind the deed, (I'm still mourning), and keeping all three characters true to form.

Thank you again.
miiamya chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
i dont know whether to be happy or sad that i understand all ur fics. its kinda freakin me out. well this is really good.
Pasi chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
I enjoyed this look into Snape's mind after the death of Dumbledore. Despite its experimental format, I found this to be for the most part a clear and understandable story. Your view, that Dumbledore, with Flamel and like Tom Riddle, looked into the possibility of attaining immortality, is so plausible I wouldn't be surprised to see it in canon.

So this line made a lot of sense, as giving the internal reason rather than the outward event which brought Snape and Dumbledore together:

Your story was full of allusive little hints like that which nicely explicated Snape's state of mind in a few words. Here was another one:

"With the Dark Mark, he had never been alone, always ready, always alert. On this side of the coin, he'd realized, people always came as Ones."

This was an excellent way of showing, in a couple of sentences, how lonely Snape's been made, by his own choices and by the choices forced upon him. With this in mind, the reiteration of "One" at the end of the story really hits home.

Another quote brought to mind the whole bleak camaraderie of the Order led by Dumbledore:

"They sat in the darkness and drank to the failure of the inhuman."

Snape's and Dumbledore's conflict, from here "In the end..." to here "He would be the One Who Killed Dumbledore. He would be a One." is succinct and very sad. One line after that, which really got to me was this:

"Some things have to be done, and then Dumbledore calls for his...

Death Eater."

You had me wondering throughout what Dumbledore and Snape would see in the Mirror of Erised. You seemed to cast doubt on Dumbledore's statement that his most desired thing is a pair of socks, and the tension you created, with Snape standing with his back to the mirror, not daring to turn around, was just great.

There were a couple of phrases which weren't clear to me. One was "A boy with a porcelain mask" and the other was "Just as I am." The second was italicized, so I'm assuming it's a quote from the books, but I just don't remember the context.

The story otherwise was very tightly structured. The line "Snape, standing with his back to the mirror" held the whole thing together very nicely. I am dying to know whether he ever did turn around and see his greatest desire.

Good work-thanks for giving me this story in the One-Shot Reverse Exchange.