Reviews for A Lost Friend
Fast Frank chapter 14 . 6/28/2016
Re plumbing: This is not the first time that an author has demonstrated a lack of RL knowledge that the character would possess. But the whole issue is Rowling's fault, anyway.
I also got to thinking: Imagine how some of the Joketsuzoku might react to learning that Harry killed a basilisk with a sword at age 12.
secretwhovianpony chapter 19 . 5/19/2016
Hooray! Magic vs. Martial Arts! This will be awesome! And Harry as a Mew? Best. Freaking. Image. EVER! Hes so kawaii! And freaking moe! It makes my inner fan girl crazy! *squee*
Merlenyn chapter 19 . 4/21/2016
Uhoh... so does that mean that Draco's going to be the one to learn the Sectumsempra spell and use it on someone? Will he actually use it and kill Dumbledore or will he back down and Snape still be the one to kill the man? Will Draco use the spell on Harry as Harry used it on Draco in canon without knowing what it means? Will Harry be hurt or will he be able to use his Mew form to get out of the way quickly? Though that means he'd be revealing that he IS an Animagus to Draco which isn't a good idea as he could turn around and tell Voldy... Hmm... I guess time will tell. Silly Severus... he should've tucked it in his own pockets, or if his desk had any drawers he should've shoved it in there. I wonder when/if he'll ever remember he'd stuck it on a shelf in his office or not and what he'll do when it's not there anymore? heh

I did like how Harry went about returning it after learning from Sirius that it was his book... too bad Severus got distracted when he went to hide it. This time he has no one to blame but himself... and I love how you actually gave a reason for why Severus lost that book in the first place! I always thought it odd that it was in the used book pile like that... you'd think he'd want to make sure that book was hidden in his house or quarters or even destroyed to keep people from stumbling on the spells in there... having his books stolen and hidden would make sense. :)

Also, nice to see the consequences for Hermione's cheating, and I really REALLY hope that Ron wipes the floor with McLaggen in the re-tryouts... his attitude would not be conducive to winning at all I think. I wouldn't be surprised that if he DID make the team that he refused to go to practices regularly claiming he was too good to need the practice, or if he fought the training schedule, or training routines. He'd probably spend most of his time trying to discredit Harry and claim he knew better drills for them to do, or better formations for the other members to fly in, or try and just flat out give orders saying that Harry's methods were stupid, or you should listen to him because he's SO much better a leader than Harry... And during a game he'd probably spend more time watching the others play and shouting at them than guarding the hoops, or perhaps trying to foul any opposing team member that came within range of his broom. Perhaps he'd try to throw the Quaffle at their heads when they're backs were turned. Ugh... It would serve him right though if he DID end up on the team and started acting like that only to have Hooch or McGonagall come down on him for his behavior... or the whole team refusing to play so long as he's on the team and detailing why. heh

Poor Ranma losing his leverage over Hermione. I wonder how long before the rest of the House starts to forgive her... and how long before she tries to start badgering Ranma now that he's not holding that secret over her head? How long before RON forgives her? Harry... will probably forgive her sooner because while he's mad at her, he's not quite as hot headed and stubborn as Ron about such things. lol

Loved the whole bit with Hedwig learning to read and write. And yea, Harry does need to get her some lined paper and pencils. lol Though I'm sure getting covered in ink is fun... sometimes. XD

Looking forward to the demonstration of martial arts vs magic. I wonder how Flitwick will do against Cologne? And I wonder if it'll sway any of the thick headed young witches and wizards? Especially those like Draco who, despite her pretty much demonstrating on him that he claimed she'd just surprised him and it was stupid anyway. heh Perhaps she should fight him, or get one of the martial arts teens to use their martial arts on him in a demo duel so long as she tells them not to hurt him too badly. XD

...how long before Ukyo, Moose, and Happosai get there? How much chaos are they going to cause and how long before they're subdued? Will Ukyo FINALLY get it through her thick head that Ranma will NEVER see her as a romantic interest and only sees her as a sister/best friend figure? What about Moose and his obsession with Shampoo? Perhaps they'll have to be Obliviated or have that mind altering shampoo used on them before they can move on? And what about Happosai and his energy vampirism? Will they be able to come up with a way to stop him from absorbing energy from chi/magic without killing him, or will he finally end up biting the dust when they deal with him? How will that troublesome trio help or hinder the war against Voldy? Hmm... :)
Shadow Wolf 15846 chapter 19 . 4/19/2016
Oh dear! Can't wait to see the battle between the two of them.
draco7347 chapter 19 . 4/18/2016
love this story cant wait for new chapters
Larenars chapter 11 . 4/16/2016
I'm really enjoying this story but I do have a bit of a problem with this chapter. With the idea of the impervious spell to keep water away, what is Hedwigs motivation for forever giving up the ability to fly by locking herself in human form? I realize it makes the Sirius/Hedwig work better, but you haven't really provided a reason why Hedwig would completely give up her owl form. That said I love Harry New :)
roobug21301 chapter 19 . 4/15/2016
thanks for this new chapter!
Roo
vampireharry the 2 chapter 19 . 4/15/2016
Another excellent chapter! Keep up the great work!
loretta537 chapter 19 . 4/14/2016
thank you for the update, i've missed this story
geetac chapter 19 . 4/13/2016
The half blood prince book is a good
Ryo-chan wolfgirl chapter 19 . 4/13/2016
Great chapter. Hermione did get off lightly but she did get what she deserved. It's understandable that Ron's upset about the whole thing but redoing the try-outs is the right thing to do.

Malfoy being showed up by Cologne... brilliant. I wish that Cologne had hit the full-body cat tongue point on him cause the little prick deserves it.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Well done.
Guest chapter 19 . 4/13/2016
Oh that could be /epic/! *cheers wildly for the idea*
Ku Lon versus Flitwick, demonstration duel? Wicked!
Guest chapter 16 . 4/13/2016
*cheers*
Neat! Winky as a Hibiki Elf is a brilliant idea. If bonded Elves can find their masters anywhere (that isn't warded against them) just by being called, could she find Ryoga and his parents where-ever they end up if they call her? She may not be able to "pop" them around easily (there's a lot of debate on that in the fandom, though we know at least the can guide a wizard or witch's apparition from the seventh book) but she could bring them supplies, food, and messages! If she likes to cook she could happily deliver home-cooked meals to her new family where-ever they end up, steal their laundry and replace it with fresh clean things from the house, and so on.
A brilliant and helpful work-around to their family curse!
Guest chapter 15 . 4/13/2016
*bobs head*
It'd make sense for Ryoga to develop really quality handwriting- with all his travels he gets stuck dealing with lots of different languages, many of which have drastically different writing systems. (I should know, I've been learning a similar spectrum of languages voluntarily.) Trying to be able to write well in all of the languages he's familiar enough with to try and write down would make his handwriting overall a much higher quality than most.
Plus, he would have /very/ inconsistent access to any source of electricity and thus wouldn't get too used to typing things like a lot of people now a days do, leading to deteriorating penmanship. Writing with a quill is /hard/, but if someone taught Ryoga all about how to do it properly- how to select a good quill, how to cut and prepare it, how to write with it and store it, how to make basic inks- especially young, he could use that no matter how lost he gets. Everywhere in the world is something that could be turned into a quill or stylus or used for ink if you know what you're doing well enough. Similarly there are endless things that could be turned into something akin to paper, but most if not all of them would take a lot longer in one place to make usable for more than a brief temporary scribble.
Guest chapter 12 . 4/13/2016
*coos*
*cheers* for playing as a Mew! I bet Hogwarts really would love to play with such a cheerful playful little creature, especially when it's one of her little students that turned /into/ said creature.
291 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »