Reviews for That Ain't Right
Chocoanon chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
I liked this story. I fell in love with your writing after reading PYLO and was surprised (pleasantly) to find you had written a Tifa/Barret fic. It definitely isn't a popular pairing, but I say that more from a real world experience than anything FFVII related honestly. "Black" man/"white" woman never goes over well to a good chunk of audience.

You wrote Barret really well, which made this a very enjoyable read. Barret isn't a character in the franchise that I fangirl over, but he's definitely one that has my deepest respect. It's nice to see something written about him in such an eloquent fashion.
JusticeUpholding chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I think the Barrett and Tifa pairing is cute. There. I said It. And i'll say it again.

TIFAxBARRETT IS CUUUUUUUTE!
Brocky chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
Interesting concept, I feel this could've stood as a one shot though, if you'd added a little on the end. Just an idea.
Persephone Oswald Oleesen chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Oh, c'mon! This is so good! Are you not gonna continue it just because most people don't think the couple is legit? Usually, I'm not a huge fan of couples with an age gap this large (my mom is 45 and she's dating a 64 year old... now THAT's just sick), but something about the BarretXTifa couple just seemed to fit. They're both rough around the edges, but are really good people on the inside, ready to do anything to protect the ones they care about. Honestly, I really want to see more of this fic for the MAIN reason that I think you are doing a great job and I would hate to see the best BarretXTifa fanfiction (yes, that's what I said, the BEST) go to waste. You've got the characters captured so well it almost gives me chills! Please continue it, I'm a big fan of both the game and the pairing (and obviously your fic! _)

Later.
junkyard paradise chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
This is good. So very, very good.

You characterized Tifa and Barret just exactly as I remember them from the game; Tifa- though a few years younger, still strong, friendly, and pleasant, despite her past. You didn't make her chirpy and annoying, or depressed and angsty as many authors do, and that's a breath of fresh air in itself.

Your Barret was right-on, too, and I didn't think the motion of the story or his speech was rough and choppy in the least. You made him very genuine; he's tough, but he took Tifa in, knowing she'd get herself into trouble. His constant analyzing Tifa was so logical as well, as he's grown to be street-smart and cautious in Midgar, a feature many don't credit him with.

This story had a wonderful start, and I wish you'd continue, though I can see you probably won't. Barret/Tifa really is undervalued, though their interaction in this fic doesn't strike me as traditionally romantic, which is realistic and original.

Whew. As for naysayers of the pairing, well, you're not writing for them. It's good, once in awhile, to experiment as a writer, and you've succeeded in making this work.
xmutedx chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
This is an extraordinary pairing, you don't see much of these.

You shouldn't be discouraged by people that opose you(though it doesn't seem like you are anyway XD); it seems to me that they can't grasp such an abstract concept as Tifa/Barret. How narrow-minded.

I pity the fool.
onetinykiss chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
This happens to be my favorite pairing in all of FF7. Please keep up the wonderful work.
Roam chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
Oh excellent, excellent, you really brought out /Barret/. Often it seems like writers have a hard time bringing out Barret, or else they over-exagerate him. You did excellent, I really enjoyed it.

Anymore coming out? Any ideas for the future of this fic? I'd really enjoy it! Especially to see some other parts of the FFVII story written through Barret's point of view. Even just seeing Avalanch's mission with Cloud would be fun.
Anita Gleason chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
I thought you wrote really well, and made a very plausible storyline. I'm new to but I've definitely read much worse, and with horrible spelling to boot! I hope you continue the storyline. I really liked it.
Sephulbadis chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Awesomecakes. Obscure pairings need love too-they need it MORE, poor things, in a world of Clotifs and Runo and Sephi-everybody. Kudos to you.

Now, about the writing itself? Still awesomecakes. Great characterization. I find this situation completely plausible, written your way.
Fluoxetine chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Good. That is GOOD. I like the way you wrote out Barret's "voice".
klepto-maniac0 chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
I'm not a game player,but you laid out the story so well that I don't

feel that I'm missing anything. I,m also reading your other stories...

I've never been a fan of anything or anybody, but I can tell you that I'm becoming one for you. Keep up the good work!
Wallwalker chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
Yes, this is such a neglected relationship, and I've often wished that I could find more fics about it. This is nicely done - the awkwardness, Barret's voice, Marlene's questions, the way that the two hit it off, it all seems to fit. It's going straight into my C2, and I'm really looking forward to "later."

(Oh, and ditto on the forum thing. That makes me boggle.)
R. Madillo chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Barret's actually amongst my favorite characters, probably because I can relate to his ways and reactions to a lesser degree. Haven't lost my arm in my passionate beliefs yet, after all, so I've not had it bad like him. I'm glad to see him finally getting some recognition.

Auron and Rikku.. gh. Kind of like Yuffie-Vincents; "Hey, they're background characters! Let's make them the center of a story they'd never be in!"
Chaos' Plague chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
CloudLov3r... we're like peas in a pod but this time you're dead wrong. This is one of the best fan fics I've read. It's original which a lot of fics lack and it was very nicely written. I know you man, and I know that aside from the Barrat/Tifa thing you liked the story too. Admit it. Klepto, you did a great job. If the following chapters are written with the same style and effort you'll have no shortage of fans... at least fans that rate a story for its content and not its pairing. Good work.

We live to hate, sorry CL