Reviews for Rapture
PinkROmantic chapter 36 . 11/24
First of all, I'm so very glad I found this fanfic even though it's very old, it's satisfying to read something you knew you wanted for so long and realize it's even more than what you expected.

I loved the focus you gave to Eva, the multifaceted character we want and deserve in this fandom, not merely a memory with a pretty face and instrument for manpain. I love the idea of Eva being a huntress with an attitude, and I love the amount of detail of in-game mechanics you incorporated into the story, something I rarely see being used in a convincing or compelling way.

The lore building was amazing, even if it's not 100% consistent with canon (well, when is DMC ever consistent?), I think that you made it so fulfilling and interesting, and I'm glad that you ended up incorporating Matier and Vie de Marli to the story, because I see people often ignore DMC2 as a whole (and I'm guilty of that as well).
And Sparda, I was both surprised and pleased to see that you wrote him as more than just a paragon of goodness, made him into a more interesting and tragic character as a whole when you reminded the readers that he's still a demon and often has disturbing thoughts that we wouldn't assume a knightly hero to ever conceive. It was shocking, but not in a bad way.

Personally, it was a little hard and shocking to read about Vergil and Dante, to realize what a monumental mess it is to raise hybrid demon children and just how challenging and terrifying it is for Eva to do it all alone, even with the generous amount of resources she's got from Sparda. Even though some of Eva's actions can be read as abusive towards the children, the nature of the twins as half demons seriously made me question whether the extent of her harshness was necessary or not. I cannot help it but to feel sorry for Eva nonetheless, in spite of her character, she's truly doing what she thinks is necessary for her children and it'd believable that she'd have to be a very tough character in order to raise them, alone or not.

Again, this fic is really old, I don't know if you're still coming back to read if someone else left reviews. I regret not coming sooner, but I've been feeling nostalgic about DMC as of late, I couldn't go on without writing this review after reading such an enthralling fanfiction. Thanks for all your hard work, and thanks for giving Eva the fanfic she deserves.
genesicgaogaigarvsgodgundam chapter 1 . 3/30/2016
great job
Sim chapter 36 . 3/22/2016
Burts out laughing, these children are impossible.
Sim chapter 20 . 3/22/2016
So sad.
Sim chapter 19 . 3/22/2016
That is a monumental choice. Its would be imoprtant to canon plot to. Trading pieces of themselves away to stay together.
Sim chapter 18 . 3/22/2016
The little call backs to how strange domestic is...
Sim chapter 17 . 3/22/2016
How bizarrely sweet, little demons. Is it really ok for them to have mothers blood?
Sim chapter 16 . 3/22/2016
Feeling a calm before a storm, but they know its coming to.
Sim chapter 14 . 3/22/2016
You like ending on a note thats not all theirs huh, or is that a hint to something canon. I like it any way. Will have a wedding as bait, hmm.
Sim chapter 12 . 3/22/2016
Sweet little moments on a background of blood.
Realized I missed reviewing early chaps, I was so drawn in.
Sim chapter 11 . 3/22/2016
Oh, so we hear something from Evas father. Nice she doen't hate him. Radical vegetarian. Big grin.
Sim chapter 10 . 3/22/2016
Oh wow, the complexity and simplicity contrasted within them. Nigh romantic.
Sim chapter 7 . 3/22/2016
Ah, so there is demonic mentality here. I like how you write Eva to but this had me curious. He had been seing her as a poetical mate for that long without realising it. Pft, well she is the strongest human around.
Go human optimism and instinctual over ride.
Sim chapter 6 . 3/22/2016
There it is, the insanity of love.
Queen Kyrie chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
I love this piece. Why? Because of everything in it. Sparda is PERFECT and Eva is the most badass female hunter there is. The twins were absolutely lovely and cute, made me laugh a lot. There's not a lot of Eva/Sparda in the fandom, but this piece makes up for it. Keep up the good work.