Reviews for Paying the Price
Aileil chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Two comments: 1. If Rodney didn't realize what was happening to him he would already have lost. To paraphrase an old saying: Where there is awareness there is hope. And 2. The theme of payment for things is a fascinating theme which continually crops up throughout history, science, and fiction. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Christ died for our iniquities. 'Tis a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done before. Perhaps one of the best illustrations ever is The Count of Monte Cristo.
Ocean chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Very well written and I liked your insight into Rodneys drug induced mind. The only problem I have is with Sheppard. So many fanfic writers write him to be almost obsessed with taking care of his people and if something goes wrong he always blames himself and has a major guilt trip. I guess I don't see Sheppard like this. Yes he wants to protect his team but I can't see him being consumed by guilt and blaming himself when things go wrong. He can not control what happens to his team and things will go wrong when facing the odds they are up against. I have no problem with him being there for them as a friend and comforting them but not the " Sheppard beating myself up constantly syndrome" becasue he cannot protect everyone all the time.
Shakia chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
I loved it! Instant favorite! :D
krysalys chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
This was wonderful. I can't wait to see what happens when Rodney gets back to Atlantis... since I saw the spoilers about how he's the first one of the group to be brought back. Withdrawal's gonna be SUCH a bitch, and if it's bad for Rodney (not to mention I wonder what it'll do with his hypoglycemia and his allergies... can we say full-on immunity system collapse?), I shudder to think what Teyla and Ronon will go through.

And ya gotta wonder if Ford'll be able to survive the lack of the enzyme now. Wonder how they'll make more now that their little scientist Jas is dead. Hm?

Angst galore in this. Well done, m'dear.

EvieMay chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
I love the emotion you packed in here! Great Fic, as always!
Espiritu chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
Loved it. Very moving. Begs for a sequel though...hint ahem.
Chasing Liquor chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Wow, this was very moving. Shep's guilt and Rodney's fear are brought to bear beautifully. Great work.
few chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
This is good. The characters don't really act like how I imagine they would act in that situation- but it was good.
cybersyd42 chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Hurray! Another fic by you. And such a *good* fic. Rodney's heartbreak and fear was so tangible, as was Sheppard's rage and helplessness. So beautifully described and all perfectly in character. Loved it!
bayas chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
You can rely on me to read your fics. I'm your fan. Poor Rodney, he scared me. that it is transformed into Terminator. Wow.
Lady Strallan chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Wow I feel for John and Rodney in this fic.
Elisa chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
WOW,WOW,WOW! You know that seems to be my sentiment after reading your stories! But this story was really great! I loved how you managed to get into Rodney's druged induced mind and let us see how his feeling. It is so like Rodney and so believable that he would have these thoughts and feelings! I also loved how you portrayed John, feeling helpless and blaming himself for not being able to protect his team, his family! Thank you for sharing another of your fantastic stories with us! Hope to see the others soon!
McRaider chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
wow...just were descriptive, amazing, absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. It was beautiful, you captured both John and Rodney perfectly without making them look weak or bad. You did an amazing job, I wish that had actually been in the epsiode. Thank you

fanficaddict chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Awesome job! You captured emotions so well, desperation, helplessness, fear, they were all so real :) Very VERY well written, loved it!
highonscifi chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Wow. Powerful, poignant, and well-written. You captured Rodney in a new light and you did it exceptionally well. And Sheppard's thoughts were great-moving and sincere-and the sadness mixed with anger was perfect.

Very, very well done!