Reviews for The burning fairy
coolcat12345 chapter 4 . 8/31/2014
Oh so great and scary.I think Luna would be only one to understand Necrominium, that is if she doesn't confuse Elder Gods and they go mad and experience what humans feel when they meet , what type of fey Luna is here?
NameAnon chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Snorkacks being true is an often used fanon triteness. Your writing is strong to begin with and I don't think you need quite such a scene. There are other events that can bond two people in friendship.

An interesting idea. It feels much like a Lovecraft voice.
Silv3r-Unic0rn chapter 4 . 7/16/2009
I my self am a fan of Lovecraft's work and this, to me, reads like he has written this himself, I absolutely love it, congratulations on writing such a spectacular story.

Sive3r Out
Alberix.Silver.Quill chapter 4 . 7/6/2006
..crossover with Lovecraft eh..?

..I shall have to find this book or whatever it may be and experience it..it sounds interesting.

I have to admit though I felt sorry for Hermione at the end who didn't seem to have gained at all and who had simply beena bystander and servant to Luna.
servant of the almighty Kyuubi chapter 4 . 4/20/2006
The "monster" was only the embodiment of Luna's insanity as expressed by the dream, right?
katgirl13605 chapter 4 . 3/15/2006
Wow, very chilling. I love the ending, it leaves room for interpretation. Sometimes I didn't quite follow what was going on, but I supose that's how Hermione felt through parts of it. It is a great partnership, with Luna's imagination and Hermione's reserch.
fledge chapter 4 . 2/17/2006
A terrible, and terribly well done (last?) chapter. Yes, indeed, this is what happens if, for whatever desires, you remove yourself from humanity. And the way you put it, it's also quite obvious that it will be Luna, who falls prey to the dark side. The devilishly clever thing about this end is that it leaves so many things open. As I see it, there are at least three ways:

a) Luna has simply been caught and destroyed by the monster, and that's it? Too simple, then the monster would certainly not look at Hermione with Luna's eyes.

b) The monster has taken over Luna's mind, who will be imprisoned within. Hence the eyes, and hence, perhaps as a last trace of Luna's humanity, the fact that the monster let's Hermione live. Then, naturally, it remains to be seen if, perhaps, Luna can fight the monster and become herself again.

c) Most frightening, the monster has been INSIDE Luna all the time, and Hermione has assisted it in coming out. Certainly a possibility, especially considering how Luna has always been an outsider.

In any case, even though this is an admirable point to finish this, I'm afraid there will have to be a follow-up...
Nimbus 1944 chapter 4 . 2/16/2006
Another excellent one, and loved those haunting eyes at the end. Lovecraft was a great crossover idea, and experimentation at the fringe of the dark arts by the brewer of the CoS polyjuice and the daughter of two strange wizards is not too extreme a concept. A whole new meaning for H.P./HG, eh.
Dead-Luthien chapter 4 . 2/16/2006
I finally managed to finish reading the story because the first time I had to stop when they found the book because a friend came to my place and we had to go out to solve something. The story was really good and I was very close to crying when I finnished it. It's so sad! What I want to know is if Lovecraft is a book and if it is, who wrote it. I still haven't managed to put my hands on Books of Amber :( Probably I did miss something, but I'm curious about the book they found. What was it about and why did Luna transform into that creature?

I love the way you described everything. Their walk to the book made me shiver.

In conlusion, this is a really good story although I didn't understand everything, and I can't wait for another story or for new cahpters of your other stories.
fledge chapter 3 . 2/1/2006
If Luna was a muggle girl, I'd say she was highly anorexic... Yes, everything is getting darker, so I guess some sort of climax will appear soon. The writing style is a bit hard to read, being so monotonous; the absence of direct speech in any narrative makes if difficult. But of course this is the only way to cover this comparatively long time. Strange Harry is never even mentioned at all.
fledge chapter 2 . 2/1/2006
A few minor errors: Enthusiasm is a noun - you can't "enthusiasm" somebody, and you mean "reveal" for Hermione's speach in that potion-induced drowsiness, "revile" would be something like "abuse"; the noun for "necessary" is "necessity". Soory - this is the teacher talking here.

Yes if anything would tempt Hermione to go dark - gradually, of course, without noticing at the time - it would be knowledge. Faust comes to mind. I do wonder if Luna would be so easily going along with her, though. I just don't see her slaughtering animals and doing black magic.
fledge chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Actually, I hate Lovecraft, and I love Luna - a bit of a quandary, isn't it? Kind of a prologue thing here, the way it is told, though some of the events mentioned would deserve to be narrated in full - that snorkack research would make a great story in its own right. Let's see how this goes on.
Jibril Angelos chapter 3 . 12/12/2005
This is great. I'm looking forward for next chapter. I am wondering if you are going to put Cthulhu in it or not? Any way, it's good. Good luck. And let the Great Old Ones watch over you.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagi fhtagn!

Cthulhu fhtagn!
Queen of the Badgers chapter 2 . 12/5/2005
Ohh. Very chilling - 'our study resembled more a slaughter house than anything else' and 'Never was she as alive as those times in our study' - that doesn't sound like Luna at all, if what they're doing in the study is as dark as it sounds...still, it is a crossover.
alexial-osidius chapter 3 . 12/2/2005
You're really good at documenting Luna and Hermione's research~ It reminds me of Shelley's Frakenstein. :) Keep up the good work! Can't wait to read what happens next.