Reviews for The Patterns of Destiny
tsukimegamisama chapter 44 . 10/31/2012
it's been 4 years and 6 months
ChaoticReverie chapter 17 . 7/2/2010
Hello!

The premise of your story seems quite original, and thus far I'm enjoying it. The storyline seems well thought out and is progressing nicely, and I really like the way you've taken time to expound Sesshomaru's past and the relationship he had with his father. Your reasons behind his cold behavior are very plausible and easy to understand.

However, there are a few things I'm having some issues with. Now, before I get into this, I want you to know that THIS IS NOT A FLAME! I am merely offering you some constructive criticism and attempting to help you grow as an author by offering up some advice.

I am a horrible perfectionist, and while I'm far from perfect, I'm very picky when it comes to the stuff I read. As I stated, I love the idea behind your story; you obviously have a very vivid imagination. What gets to me is the blaring lack of editing in all of your chapters. There are so many mistakes I hardly no where to begin. Grammatical, spelling, punctuation... it's almost like you wrote the story with a blindfold on and then never went back to look it over.

I hate when this happens, because it takes SO MUCH away from the quality of a story. While you're obviously a brilliant person, the mistakes here make it seem like the quality of your work is severely lacking.

You have been spelling the character's names in different ways (Miroku, Moroku, Muroku), and often don't even capitalize them! There are a lot of missed commas and semicolons, and when people are speaking you sometimes forget to use quotation marks. It makes everything seem very jumbled and disorganized, and when I catch little things like this it interrupts the flow of the read and - again - takes away from the actual quality of the piece. Also, I would suggest expanding your vocabulary. I've noticed you use a lot of the same words for description, often in the same sentence, and it makes for a redundant read.

If you're not so good with spotting errors, I would suggest getting a beta. Again, please don't think I'm insulting you or anything like that. I do like your story... but those little things are keeping me from putting it on my favorites list. If you're interested, I do some beta work for other authors, and would gladly help out. I'm not a listed beta, but if you consider it, just PM me.
Black Light Brightness chapter 44 . 10/2/2009
hey! cool story! just a question though the last update was 2008 are you continuing this story?
kaida chapter 44 . 7/1/2008
brilliant, simply brilliant, you have a spellbinding gift, please indulge us some more!
Shiro-Inu-Megami chapter 44 . 5/11/2008
So far this is a good story. There are some spelling and grammatical errors, but nothing to detract from the story line. I am looking forward to your next update.
mischievous female chapter 44 . 4/6/2008
great chapter, i'm glad that someone realizes that Kagome is not to blame.
kit-hime chapter 43 . 2/15/2008
Awesome chapter. So romantic and beautiful. I'm glad that Sesshoumaru and Kagome are so open with each other in this chapter. Update soon. Great so far. XD
OhBrother chapter 10 . 2/14/2008
i haven't read every chapter yet but i just had to stop for a moment to say that i love this story so far and you've made me cry these past few chapters with Sesshomaru and his father. i can't wait to read more of what's posted.

-OhBrother
mischievous female chapter 41 . 1/10/2008
umm, great story but I almost wrote a complaint by accident. hey, it's getting late and "report abuse" looks like "submit review." oops! well, I do so wish that you could continue the story because I am getting into now.
Blazed chapter 41 . 4/17/2007
The story is fantastic and you are an amazing writer! I would also love to see the next two chapters of turns of time...please update soon!
ashley longacre chapter 41 . 3/21/2007
i bow down before you, you are a gifted writer i'm curently working on a story or two but i am not as detailed as you when writing i see the scenes in my mind but i cant seem to put it to paper i salute you on an excellent story keep up the good work your only the second writer i felt talented enough to write a review for i envy your talents.
nanamihikari chapter 41 . 3/11/2007
YAY! You updated! Thank you, I knew you would continue this story. This chapter gave us some good insight into Rin. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Please update again soon!
iitachiyoubastard chapter 41 . 3/9/2007
I don't understand why everyone is so against Kagome and Sesshoumaru's relationship! It's so frustrating..! Jaken, for one, should know that if he continues his plan and tries to take Kagome away from "his lord", Sesshoumaru would slowly kill him without a second thought! And Rin, oh GAWD Rin, should shut the f*ck up since it's none of her business what Sesshoumaru does with HIS MATE.. Get that, M-A-T-E, meaning F-O-R-E-V-E-R bonded with someone else, a.k.a Kagome!

As you can plainly see, I'm a die-hard Sess/Kag fan and I won't rest until people everywhere know and see that Sesshoumaru and Kagome are awesome..!

Thank Jeevus you finally updated though! I was going crazy waiting for you only to see the same amount of chapters. _ Update as soon as humanely possible and keep on doing what your doing!
Scarlette Beauty chapter 41 . 3/9/2007
WOah, its been so long since you updated but i am glad i waited cause this was an awesome chapter! I like the tension its kinda sad though cause like people don't approve of the match because of jealousy and envy. Woah, awesome...
RhiannonoftheMoon chapter 40 . 11/16/2006
Good to hear from you again! I'm glad you haven't given up on this fic. It's getting quite intense, with Kagome being abused by Jaken and not looking like she'll survive court and with Inuyasha ready to shed some blood. Looks like things will come to quite a head!