Reviews for Special People
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 1/24/2018
oh poor Don!
but he made it
Sam Worth chapter 1 . 2/3/2017
Thank you for your thought-provoking story.

It acknowledges dark thoughts but doesn't remain there.

Don finds his happy end without a fight or an argumentation with his family. He doesn't even need to win any battles. He only needs to recognize his own worth. And you use and write Nadine really well here.

Thank you.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
yeah, gimme a special agent with a sharp mind and a heart of gold all wrapped up in a sweet sexy package any day! :D
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
I liked your story. It really made me feel for Don without getting maudlin or all angsty.
callherbabylon chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
This story was just brilliantly written, and the main plot so well noticed.

This story really resonates with me, as ever since I was year 2 my teachers would tell me how smart my little sister was. Don't get me wrong, I love her to pieces most days, but being compared to her my whole life because of her intelligence cuts a bit.

It isn't quite as drastic as The Eppes', and I'm no dunce either, but this was just so beautifully written from the other side of the you're-sister-is-so-smart,-she's-special-and-she's-going-places divide :D
Shrimp chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
I've read this before and didn't comment, so I will now - fantastic. Just so in-depth and saying-things-without-saying and the fantastic look at the different types of smart, I guess. Believable insecurity, the . . . the quiet feeling that he got shortchanged, I guess. The mix of love and jealousy and desire to be valued and all that clicheness. AND, you made Nadine not-annoying!(:P)

This is just such a nice piece. So utterly in character, from the chivalrous habits to the almost flustered reactions, to the utterly perfect (we with annoying siblings know it well) "perversely miffed" moment (Don's inherent protectiveness, even though, well, everything).

Hah, I think this fic, in the person of Nadine, explains quite well the point of view of the Don-fans out there. :P

Anyway, this was quite lovely. And, randomly, I congratulate you on your non-annoying use of italics! It's a rare skill, and I appreciate it.
Zaedah chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
This is so very insightful! Characterization and thoughts were spot on for the Don we see on screen each week... The tough guy dealing with his self doubts, feeling inadequate standing next to Charlie's brain. And then, in all that musing he becomes a flustered git with Nadine. Poor fella just needs a hug (rather than a lawn fight).
TabethaRasa chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
As I thought, your other fics are as delightful as your latest one. You captured the deeply buried bitterness perfectly. It was a pleasure to read.
WriterJC chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
You have a wonderful way with these characters which rings perfectly in tune to what we see on the screen. Terrific job.
thebondgirl chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
i liked it!:) it's nice once in a while to see a fic where it focusses on how hard it is for don to have a genius for a brother, and not only on how hard it is for charlie to be the genius himself:) keep up the great work, and write more fics, cause your a great writer!:):)
IsabelleS chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
I enjoyed this piece very much. Thanks for sharing!
CeriseReve chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
celadon,

Wow! Wow! Wow! I loved how you wove together the fact that Charlie was special with Don’s Special Agent title. You pulled the pieces of Don’s history we know about and made them real. Excellent writing.
Kasman chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
This is nice work.
Patty chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
On the strength of Collateral Damage, I wanted to check out your other work and found this. Sorry I mised it the first time around.

It's a great look into Don's character. I found the

baseball incident when Don realized he could never be

"great", was insight into the real Don. No settling

into a mediocre career for Don Eppes, excellence beckons; ergo, his FBI career!

Good job, Celadon. I hope you'll write a lot more

Numb3rs stories. You capture the characters extremely well.
milford chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
well I really loved this. It was a fascinating insight into Don's character and thoughts he would have had over the years. I am unsure of why one of your reviewers would have expected his thoughts to be humorous - he was dealing with his feelings and emotions and remembering how he felt. Nothing light about that but on the other hand you handled it beautifully without it being heavy handed or mawkish. Lovely lovely job and delightful to read such a strong Don story.