Reviews for Decision at Council
RatherFabulous chapter 2 . 3/19
I am not T'Pau, but had I been, I would have reminded Amanda of what she already knew to be true.
The choices each living being makes has an impact on others. They matter.

Police and firemen risk their lives to save strangers, parents give up careers to raise children, even the co-pilot of the Enola Gay wrote in his log:
"As the bomb fell over Hiroshima and exploded, we saw an entire city disappear. I wrote in my log the words: "My God, what have we done?""

He was fully briefed, he knew what he was doing, he didn't want to do it, and he did it.
Those bombs effectively ended a war - and it was a miserable choice that had to be made.
GWBear chapter 2 . 10/3/2014
I have been rereading all the Holo stories, Just as before, I am struck by the level of care you put into these. I know if no other writing that seeks to totally uncover the essential truths of the Vulcan mindset.

It deserves to be part of the formal writing that explains and supports the Star Trek canon.

There is an idea in systems exploration and design that says complexity with many pressures, needs and requirements is very hard to define thoroughly, such that all can be properly discovered and understood. In some cases it's impossible. The solution is that rather than attempting to define some of everything, every role in the system, far greater understanding can be found in explaining just one role and the needs and requirements of just that one role, as regarding how the user and the role interacts with the system.

In some ways, by focusing so well on just one very unique instance, one very unique couple, and how they interact, and how others interact with them, you have lifted the veil on so much that has never really been explained or defined in any of the rest of the formal canon, in any real way.

Thanks for the carefully considered story telling. It makes for great reading!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 2 . 10/28/2013
I didn't understand Amanda's vote at first, but you brought it all home to me with the rest of the story. Beautifully done!
Saebyeol chapter 2 . 2/24/2011
Oh man.

This is a story where I really feel like there's something to take from it... but I don't really know how to put into words what it is. And my mind is going to be chewing on this for a long time.

This is like a haymaker to my brain. I don't know what else to say besides... excellent, excellent work.
Dreamera Tear chapter 2 . 2/23/2011
I feel this need to tell you how much of an impact this had on me. I felt as if you truly tried to put yourself into the shoes of someone completely alien to you, and perceived the world from said person's eyes. Most people use the clashing cultures of Vulcans and Terrans as a tool, but in this, you've actually made the cultural clash the main point of the story, in a very serious and real way. The ethical dilemna from more than one point of view, and the real uncertainties we can face in life. Key issues I think you've managed to reflect very well here. Intentionally or not, I think it was well represented, so I thank you for it.
LettieM chapter 2 . 2/21/2011
Another excellent story. Through this Council decision, Amanda finally, fully understands what it means to be the bondmate of a Vulcan. Beautiful writing.
fanficfan71 chapter 2 . 1/12/2010
You've shown a great depth of character in Amanda and Sarek. I really enjoyed this story.
Gwen Kathleen chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Pat you are amazing! Your accounts of Vulcan read like a biography or a history much detail and authority!

Thank you!
cobalt-blue chapter 2 . 11/28/2008
Loved this story. I really like your insight into Lady Amanda. Your take on Vulcan is influencing my own writing, and that says a lot.

I particularly like the concept of the Fortress that has shown up in so many of your stories. It makes sense.

Several other of your stories have gotten me to thinking about how Vulcans would relate to Caitians and other felinoid races- Something I'm working on with my own Legacy of Force story.

Dingbat142001 chapter 2 . 7/17/2008
This was awesome. I'm amazed at how detailed this is. The varying personalities of both Sarek and Amanda are written very well. The plot line is excellent.
bina W chapter 2 . 5/21/2008
A good ending to a difficult story.
bina W chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
I read this a while ago. It is a tragic story but well written.

Ex Atris Scientia chapter 2 . 5/10/2006
Moving...what else can I say?
Astraeas Dreams chapter 2 . 5/4/2006
Its wonderful to see that you are back with a new part of your work. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
trecebo chapter 2 . 5/3/2006
I had been wondering the other day. "Where has Pat Foley disappeared to?" And today, here you are with this wonderful shot. As always, the depth of your work is amazing. I cannae say it enough. It runs freakin' circles around 99 percent of the other stuff here. You take Sarek and Amanda and put them through paces that I've not see done before and it is astounding.