Reviews for Drifting Sand
gaarafan chapter 5 . 8/16/2010
It looks amazing so far but it also looks like you already quit this story a long time ago too bad
PuppetJutsu chapter 5 . 12/12/2008
Wow. I really enjoyed this story. At the heart of it, you manage to remind me what I always forget, Gaara is still human.

When I read the scene where he flees to the rooftop and cries, I first felt it was out of character. Then I actually stopped to think about it, and came to the conclusion that you had written a fantastic scene. All the repressed sorrow finally resurfaced when the exact same thing that happened to him as a child repeated themselves. If every attempt at kindness a person made - especially if they are so few and far between, like Gaara's - was thrown back in their face, I'm pretty sure they'd react the same way.

Despite his stoic, emotionless personalty Gaara is still a boy, a lonely boy.

Also, in regards to your A/N: You definitly did the right thing, making Gaara lose control. He's still struggling with his darkness. To not have him face that, I think, would have cheapened the whole story.

So all in all, well done. I hope to see more of Gaara's epic journey. :)
Nirvana44 chapter 5 . 3/20/2007
wow! I'm actually in love with this story...one of the best..no, probably, the best Naruto story I've read yet! please update soon, cause this is REALLY good :)
Honeybadger chapter 5 . 1/27/2007
It's a shame you've put this on hold. I'd love to know what happens next.
picasso-face chapter 2 . 8/4/2006
wow...*at a loss for words* that was...amazing...wow...
Kyuubi92 chapter 5 . 7/30/2006
Excellent! Your style of writing is unique. It's rare to read talent like this. Keep up the good work!
some guy chapter 5 . 4/8/2006
holy crap I love this story. good stuff. it's hard to find a well written story on anymore, but this is one of the few.
some guy chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
this is a great story, very well written, and I look forward to the next chapter.
PharaonicWolf chapter 5 . 12/11/2005
Aww, Gaara's first crush... I loved this - it was well-written, emotional, and touching. Kotori's relationship with her brother provided just the right dash of humor. And the part with Shikamaru and Gaara watching the clouds was so sweet! "Future brother-in-laws bonding." Yay for Temari/Shikamaru!

This is now on my favorites list. )
Ehwinn chapter 5 . 12/10/2005
Whaw, again it was awesome! I like your story so much, you have such good ideas!

Well, I loved the fight scene, gnéeehéhéhé! (I'm devil, so it's normal I like vivious battles where everyone is crushed and blood splatter everywher... and with a demonic smiling Gaara, it's just better!)
WithBrokenWings chapter 5 . 12/9/2005
Wow, nice story! Keep it up! _
anom 5294 chapter 5 . 12/8/2005
First of all I have to say that you have great characterization for all the character. This can be seen really seen with Gaara, whom you can see that he is trying redeem himself, but his personality is still there. This most isn't as common as it should be.

As for Gaara's fight scene being "vicious", it should be. His way of fighting isn't what you would call pretty.

Your grammar is quite exceptional (I havn't seen any mistakes, which is quite rare since most of the time I see some, but then again i wasn't looking for any)

Don't get discouraged for the lack of review (20 when I am making this) it is really a great story and keep it up.

As a suggestion, I would say keep making Gaara's demon taunting him to do perverted things (thus causing Gaara no end of discomfort and well... a demon is a demon.)
Stingmon chapter 5 . 12/8/2005
GREAT ! WONDERFUL ! I'm so glad you have spend a long chapter! o And Gaara is so kawai ! I love when he cries, poor little tanuki...

LOL the book! I wondered how you will use it . So Gaara haven't read it. Perfect! Good little boy o!

But I didn't know his dark side was a pervert...It's quite strange, he is sadistic but...Bah, never mind. But please don't write too much about a perverted Gaara, I can't stand it XO.

So udpate soon, PLEASE ! Your fic is wonderful, I wan't more a chapter! XD
PropellerGolem chapter 5 . 12/8/2005
Interesting story. It's good to see Gaara out doing real stuff and kicking ass on the way.

How about showcasing some more original Gaara skills? I believe it was implied in the manga/anime that he got extensive training as a ninja from a very young age. You've had him do some very ninjalike things so far so keep that up.

It's good that you're keeping new characters to secondary roles and introducing them well, that's another strong point in this story.
WithBrokenWings chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
This is a good start for a story. Keep it up! _