Reviews for Batman & Benson
Independent Dude chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Haha the Lone Gunmen - nice callback to the X-Files!
edboy4926 chapter 8 . 7/8/2012
Good story.
Looking forward to reading the next stories of the series.
purrfus chapter 8 . 1/5/2012
Saw Methos' artwork and rec over on TtH and had to come see. You really did a wonderful job with the character voices and bringing these realities together.
Wispr chapter 8 . 1/5/2012
A stellar story and like how you arranged for Benson to be around at times. Was sorry that her and lost love couldn't get back together but so hope something works out for them in the future stories.

Wispr chapter 7 . 1/5/2012
So glad to see Olivia reunited with her lost love and hope they can stay that way. Now how you wrote Batman taking out the goons was really good, you know how to get across just how terrifying Batman can be.

Wispr chapter 6 . 1/5/2012
I do have to say Olivia has a bloody horrible habit of not listening... ;)

Like how you did them coming to agreement and how you used their similarities to bring the agreement about in a believable manner.

Wispr chapter 5 . 1/5/2012
Love how you got them bantering and Olivia's intro to the Cave. The ending was bloody cool.

Wispr chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Damn feel bad for Olivia. Great job in making the scenes chilling and tension filled.

Wispr chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
Oh Goddess this was a good chapter. And I bet with everything's that happen she may end up in Arkham... ;) Seriously though, you got a great touch with how you write the scenes, vivid and detail while keeping a good and steady writing pace.

Wispr chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
Liked how you did Gordon's talk with Benson. Also so love how you wrote her introduction to Arkham and its inmates.

With how this chapter ended so glad I don't have to wait for the next chapter!

Wispr chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Wow... so glad I followed the link Methos over at Twisting the Hellmouth, provide along with his high recommendations for this story. I don't really know hardly anything about LO: SVU but with how well you bring the characters to life it doesn't matter.

I'm a little bit more familiar with the Batman characters and really love how you both described them and wrote their personalities.

Cool work in how you had Benson thoughts on the difference between NY and Gotham's architecture.

LiveandLearn95 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
This first chapter is amazing! I love the way you stick with the rooted personalities of SVU's cast and the descriptions. I also like your realistic take on dealing with Batman in this story, very much like Christopher Nolan. It's makes me really excited and I want to read more!
Phantom Dennis chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
One of the most interesting questions this chapter brings up is whether Det. Bullock is obscuating stupidity or not. Notice he's not at all non-plussed when he realizes his "mistake" with Benson. He rightly says the situation is suspicious then focuses his suspicion on Benson. Of course, he doesn't know who's dirty and who's clean, and there's no reason the out-of-towner can't be dirty for a change.
Chinagirl18 chapter 8 . 8/13/2010
Ooh! I really really really liked this story! Great job!

-Chinagirl18
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 8 . 4/13/2010
Interesting team-up, to say the least.

True, your writing style could use a bit more in the way of personal exploration- you could stand to perform a greater analysis of how the characters feel about the current situations in DEPTH sometimes, particularly when they’re speaking; we don’t really get a great sense of how they’re feeling beyond obvious extremes like anger, with the subtle intervening emotional stages being comparatively overlooked- but the plot you create is very effective, for all that.

The team-up of Batman and Olivia works out rather well, with each side recognising the other’s strengths similarities and bonding very effectively over them (Even if a part of me still feels that ‘Moire’ was a REALLY cliché motivation for Batman and Olivia’s first meeting; Batman attempts to interrogate Olivia because she bears such a resemblance to a woman she’s NEVER heard of before now that even trained detectives and professional criminals like Batman and the Penguin are initially convinced she’s the same woman?), while the final confrontation with the Penguin’s created an excellent blend of drama and humour (Particularly the ludicrous nature of Olivia’s arrest of the Penguin; as Alex said herself, it’s not every day you arrest someone with an UMBRELLA).

Still, you’ve left some interesting plot potential open for future stories with this dynamic, I have to admit; the dynamics between Olivia, Bruce/Batman and Alfred look like they’ll have definite potential as the reality you’ve created here unfolds...

Keep up the good work!