Reviews for Atheist
Ailuromania chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I am atheist also, but I believe in rencarnation (sp) and i heard japen is buddist so i dont think their athist or christian. But buddist, i love this story cause it makes me less lonly as a atheist/buddist. I belive in science but also rencarnation. Sothats how im athist and buddist. Keep up the good work.
Alkyonides Meres chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
loved it. amazing piece.
hink chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
love it; brilliant. it makes sense that they are atheists; they'd have to be, as ninja's they're forced to have a good grasp on realism. the demon and death-god thing aside, of course, but that could be explained differently. in the show they discussed whether they think there's a 'better place' later, and they weren't sure. but yeah, makes sense. kudos.
Illucida chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Good job.
happy as rain chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
That was very beautiful. Elegiac, almost.
randomreader chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
Wonderful job- both sad and sweet at the same time. It's an interesting idea as well; the religion of Narutoverse hasn't really been deeply explored in either ffn or the actual manga. Keep writing,

RR
Jamaican-Beauty chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
i luved it!
WolfBane2 chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
A mysterious, noble piece with no real beginning or end, just the being. Excellent, excellent job on portraying Kakashi. I found this on someone's Favorites list. They chose wisely.
miikka-xx chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
I don't know about what others think but this fic is just awesome! I LOVE IT! I ADORE YOUR WRITNG STYLE AND IT'S JUST AWESOME! Keep it up and you'll have so many reviews! Even if the ninjas do or do not believe in god or any kind of spirirtuality, I'd say this represents both sides. yay! Go you! Well is this a oneshot or what? If you continued it I think it'll be good fic!
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
How sad! Very remorceful. Good job.
Aseret Kitsune chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
beautiful piece. I love the emotion in this. Very nice. keep on writing!
MeeLee chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Very introspective. Good job.

-MeeLee
CursedAvenger chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
This was a very intricate and beautiful story, being an atheist myself I can relate to what Kakashi feels however i agree with Katfum, the world of Naruto is full of deity's and demons so i don't think "Atheist" is the correct word. Great Job and keep up the good work.
Garret pi chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Hm, an interesting take on Kakashi...

Very well written, solid and a bit dark. Kinda like biting into one of those special dark chocolate hersey's bars. It's got a sweet taste with a bitter edge...and is definately superior to a normal candy bar because it's better made and blended. All around... a good one shot.

However... factually, it's completely inaccurate for the setting.

Consider, the Kyuubi, a demon fox. Sarutobi's invocation of the Shin o Kami (Death God)to seal Orochimaru's arms and the actual appearance of that being. The use of shinto Fuuin. The resurection of the first and second Hokage's by Orochimaru. All of these examples imply more than the simple belief in spirits or souls... or more accurately it proves their existance outright in tangible ways in the settings. Kinda impossible to be an atheist when you have direct experience which proves conclusively that the hear-after actually does exist.

Atheism is the belief that no higher powers or spirituality actually exist because they cannot be proven to exist. The use of jutsus and the existance of creatures like Kyuubi and Shukaku (a priest who became a demon) ... heck the very existance of Chakra in the setting (a spiritual power which can manifest itself tangibly) would be conclusive proof that Atheism would be completely wrong. It's be like not beliving in fire burning you... then shoving your hand into a bonfire. It generally doesn't work.

Now, that said, do they believe in the Judeo Christian idea of spirituality and deific presence? Probably not, from all available date. The setting of Naruto is manifestly Shinto and Budhist in flavor. That said, the idea of hell would be more accurately reflected in the hundreds of hells of the chinese/shinto faiths, likewise heaven or nirvana and as far as god... well... Kami-sama is still a concept of that setting as a supreme being, but so to are the thousands of other gods that about in shintoism.

Just my two cents there.

As I said though... overall a good oneshot.
Crystalazer chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Very nice, although I think that the atheism you're thinking of is different from the kind that Katfum is thinking of.

Still, vignettes like this one are very, very touching.